Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Fit Rite Hydraulic Top and Tilt kit

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:15 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,204 Times in 916 Posts

Thumbs up Fit Rite Hydraulic Top and Tilt kit

Guys I just received a complete hydraulic TnT kit from Brian at Fit Rite Hydraulics. I must say I'm very impressed with the quality of the kit so far. The paint looks great, the welds are smooth, and the overall appearance is very very nice on these custom built cylinders. The fittings used on the end of the cylinders are contoured and smoothed. If you didn't know they were custom built, you'd think they were cast or forged this way. They look that good.

Here's a few teasers for now. I'll be installing them later today.

Fit Rite Hydraulic Top and Tilt kit-img_2517.jpg Fit Rite Hydraulic Top and Tilt kit-img_2514.jpg Fit Rite Hydraulic Top and Tilt kit-img_2515.jpg Fit Rite Hydraulic Top and Tilt kit-img_2516.jpg

OEM 3PH top and side link comparison

Fit Rite Hydraulic Top and Tilt kit-img_2519.jpg Fit Rite Hydraulic Top and Tilt kit-img_2520.jpg

The quality of workmanship of this kit is impressive. I'm looking forward to sharing the install and an overall review.
    Last edited by dieselshadow; 03-17-2013 at 12:23 PM. Reason: edited title
    robpm and Bonefish101 like this.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

2720 w/ 62D MMM w/independent lift, 200CX FEL, iMatch Q/H, Ballast Box, Box Blade
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting mild restoration

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dieselshadow For This Useful Post:

robpm (03-16-2013)

3. # ADS
    GTT News

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:51 AM
    Thanks
    Nice stuff Diesel! That will make a lot of things easier once installed. Have to consider the same some day.
    Workin hard at loafing!
    2012 1026R with H120 FEL, 42" Frontier Forks

RC2048 48" Rough Cut Mower, Buhler Y550R 60" Finishing Mower, 60" Frontier RB2060L Back Blade, JD Ballast Box
    Femco Hitch Adapter LP25001 2" Receiver, 60" Farm King 3PH Snow Blower, I Match, BB2048L Frontier Box Blade

6' Kodiak Landscape Rake, Braber Equipment PHD c/w 9" & 12" X 48" Augers

1980 317 L&G Tractor c/w 48" Mower and 48" Snow Blower

Doug, aka Carvel Loafer

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:59 PM
    Thanks

Fit Rite Top and Tilt kit

Is a kit like this mainly used if you don't have an I-Match or is there a benefit of having them with one?? Maybe for tilting or adjusting the I-Match?? Just curious. Thanks!
    2007 JD 2520

62d Deck, 14 Bushel Material Collection System, I-Match Quickhitch, Independant Lift, 200cx Loader, 47" Front-Mount Snow Blower, 14k KW 3-point Genetaror, 60 Gallon 3-point Sprayer, 655 3-point tiller, 60" 3-point Blade

See how to connect your JD Material Collection System directly to the I-Match!!! Check this out! http://www.jamisonbryce.com/

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:18 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Lang View Post
    Is a kit like this mainly used if you don't have an I-Match or is there a benefit of having them with one?? Maybe for tilting or adjusting the I-Match?? Just curious. Thanks!
    An I-Match allows for easier attachment to an implement. The Top & Tilt cylinders can make that attachment easier, but the intention of the cylinders is to be able to adjust the 3pt hitch with out having to stop and get off of the tractor again and again and again. They do not increase or decrease the capability of the tractor, just make adjustments easier and faster. So with the ease of adjustment, hopefully a person will end up with a better finished job with the ease of adjustment. Usually one will make those adjustments more often giving them a better end result.
    robpm likes this.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MtnViewRanch For This Useful Post:

Pete (04-13-2013), Randy Lang (03-16-2013)

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:53 AM
    Thanks
    Soon diesel will post a thread titled "How to slice fresh bread with 2720".
    dieselshadow and farmgirl19 like this.
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:10 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,045 Times in 750 Posts
    Wow great looking stuff!
    -John Deere 4110HST
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks, I-Match, Ballast Box, #380 plow (modified to fit), Markham LD-48 Grapple, Trac-Vac 854 and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 AWS w/60" MMM
    -John Deere 4x2 Turf Gator

View some of my projects/adventures in my Picasa Album

Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

Bolt on Grab Hooks are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:15 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,204 Times in 916 Posts

Thumbs up Update

I got to tell you guys, this TnT kit is AWESOME!!!! How can this not be a factory option?

Imagine if you will. You need to fix your rutted and pot-holed driveway. You jump on your tractor, start it up and buckle in. Using a QH you back up to your box blade and latch on. Using your attachment you re-contour the crown in the road. Using the tilt cylinder allows you to change the crown angle on the fly. You clean the ditches, and again with the tilt cylinder allows you to work only one side of the road because as you turn around, you tilt your blade in the opposite direction for another pass on the same side of the road. Using the top link to angle the blade back, you smooth any roughness in your drive to complete driveway repairs. Then you drop of your implement back to where you got it. Only then do you need to unbuckle and get off the tractor to go to the fridge for the well deserved barley pop.

I used to have to get off the tractor many times to re-adjust the angles of the blade to achieve a crown or how much bite the blade has. This ends up in a compromise because you don't want to stop every few moments to make a minute adjustment. I was able to do a job in half the time, do a better job, and never get off the tractor.

Fit Rite Hydraulic Top and Tilt kit-dsc02138.jpg Fit Rite Hydraulic Top and Tilt kit-dsc02143.jpg Fit Rite Hydraulic Top and Tilt kit-dsc02144.jpg Fit Rite Hydraulic Top and Tilt kit-dsc02147.jpg Fit Rite Hydraulic Top and Tilt kit-img_2532.jpg

Even tried out the sickle mower yesterday. There was some real advantages to having a TnT kit. I was able to manipulate the mower along the differing contours of the ditch. This was a worthwhile investment.

Fit Rite Hydraulic Top and Tilt kit-dsc02149.jpg Fit Rite Hydraulic Top and Tilt kit-dsc02150.jpg Fit Rite Hydraulic Top and Tilt kit-dsc02151.jpg
    Last edited by dieselshadow; 03-18-2013 at 05:45 PM. Reason: spellin'
    T-Mo, robpm and farmgirl19 like this.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

2720 w/ 62D MMM w/independent lift, 200CX FEL, iMatch Q/H, Ballast Box, Box Blade
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting mild restoration

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:43 AM
    Thanks
    That is one sweet setup
    Vern

2012 1026R w/loaded R3's, H120 FEL, Artillian forks, Ken's hooks, auto 54D mower deck, 54 front quick hitch blade
    Heavy Hitch front weight bracket, Omni Transformer hitch and subsoiler, 6-42lb. hang on weights, psrumors seat spring upgrade, Land Pride 54" box blade, J.D. IMatch.
    2- 66 round fender 110's awaiting resto
    used to own JD 317, mmm, single stage snowblower.

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:10 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,045 Times in 750 Posts
    VIDEO, WE NEED VIDEO!

Great job Jason, that came out really nice! Use that fancy phone of yours to take some video and put it on YouTube for use
    -John Deere 4110HST
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks, I-Match, Ballast Box, #380 plow (modified to fit), Markham LD-48 Grapple, Trac-Vac 854 and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 AWS w/60" MMM
    -John Deere 4x2 Turf Gator

View some of my projects/adventures in my Picasa Album

Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

Bolt on Grab Hooks are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:33 PM
    Thanks
    You're having too much fun.

Congrats on getting it to work to suit you! I know you did a lot of research and planning and just plain hard work to get this going.

Ralph
    Benefactor Member NRA

=====================================

2012 2520 w/loaded rear tires
    CX200 FEL w/Markham Toothbar
    62D MMM
    iMatch Quick Hitch
    Heavy Hitch w/eight JD suitcase weights
    Herd 96 Spreader
    Artillian Forks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast