• 2 Post By Treefarmer
  • 1 Post By pcabe5

Thread: R4 industrial tyre options

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:51 AM
    Thanks

R4 industrial tyre options

Hi , i am close to ordering a 3033R stock tractor with a 300CX loader, the dealer is going to swap the Ag tyres (AG-R1's) for R4 Industrial. only thing is there are two options in the book, F 25 x 8.50-14 6pr , R 15-19.5 6pr and 2nd option is F 27 x 8.5 - 15 6pr, R 43 x 16.00 - 20 4pr . can anybody give me the difference, which one would be best or is there not much in the difference, i think the swap the dealer has is the first option, just want to make sure it will look right on them and be the best working option.
    cheers
    pcabe5 likes this.

2. # ADS
    GTT News

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:44 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big J View Post
    Hi , i am close to ordering a 3033R stock tractor with a 300CX loader, the dealer is going to swap the Ag tyres (AG-R1's) for R4 Industrial. only thing is there are two options in the book, F 25 x 8.50-14 6pr , R 15-19.5 6pr and 2nd option is F 27 x 8.5 - 15 6pr, R 43 x 16.00 - 20 4pr . can anybody give me the difference, which one would be best or is there not much in the difference, i think the swap the dealer has is the first option, just want to make sure it will look right on them and be the best working option.
    cheers
    Whatever you get make sure you get them fluid filled.

3025e
    renwickpat likes this.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to buckteeth445 For This Useful Post:

Big J (06-19-2017)

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 07:43 AM
    Thanks

Size and quality

It looks like the second option is on slightly bigger rims which to me is favorable but that's not the only issue. I would also ask the dealer if the actual tires are the same brand and quality or if there is a difference in the brand or quality level within the brand. Most manufacturers have two or three quality levels. The tip offs are usually tread depth and overall weight of the tire. You can also ask for the load rating of each size. The larger tires should be rated slightly higher which probably won't matter on the rear but with a FEL, the front tire rating is important.

Since they stock the first size but not the second, I would also ask the dealer why they made that choice. Sometimes it's not really a choice, it's just "What we've always done." and is based on one particular instance years ago. Still, you are handing the dealer a substantial amount of and it's worth asking them what their opinion is and why they would go with one over the other. Keep in mind, they will likely want to move the one that's in stock so factor that into your decision but that doesn't automatically make it a bad choice.

Basic notation is the first number is the width, second is the aspect ratio and third is the rim size except the second group uses a different notation with the first number the overall diamater, second number the width and the third number the rim size. The pr is the ply rating. That doesn't mean it's actually 6 ply, just that it's supposedly as strong as a benchmark 6 ply rating at some point in time. Since the notations are different, I would flat ask the dealer the actual width and diameter of the tires on each option along with the load rating in pounds. They will have to know what manufacturer and what quality level the tires actually are to give you those numbers but it will really help on the choice. I hope this helps some, it's muddled even as I write it.

Treefarmer
    Levi and renwickpat like this.
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Treefarmer For This Useful Post:

Big J (06-19-2017)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Thanks
    15-19.5 is approximately 40" diameter.

IMO I'd get the larger set. Talked about on here a few times that larger tires provide a little better ride. Pretty sure if they swap them they will be what JD offers and not some off brand tire.
    renwickpat likes this.
    Pat

2012 JD 2720| Curtis Cab Hardside | 200CX | 72" MMM | 42" Forks | 5ft King Kutter |

9. The Following User Says Thank You to pcabe5 For This Useful Post:

Big J (06-19-2017)