Green Tractor Talk banner

John Deere 3520 w/ Cab - 4" Wheel Spacer Install

39K views 31 replies 18 participants last post by  Dschafman 
#1 ·
UPS Finally came with the 4" spacers I ordered!

Ordered from Wheel Adapters, Wheel Spacers, Hub Rings, and much more! | Motorsport Tech. Was around $520.00 after shipping for the whole kit (includes 16 new bolts as well).

I went ahead and installed them tonight, and put the rear wheels back in the factory (narrow/valve-stem outward) position. Turned out amazing! Was a little off on the holes being directly inline where the wheel meets the spacer. Was perfect on the spacer to the hub -- not sure what was up with that; not a lot of difference though; they all still threaded well.

After installing the rear; I looked at the front (pictured below), and it looked really odd how narrow they were compared to the rear; so I flipped the front to the wide position; and that almost made them as wide as the rear w/ spacers! Go figure! Will post up a picture tomorrow during the day from the front so you can see how well the front meet the rear tracks now.

Even though it 7PM and dark here; I couldn't resist taking it for a roll through the field.. it felt 100% better! Suddenly slopes don't even feel like slopes :tongue:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks for the great writeup and pictures. I have been wondering how the spacers look and fit. I am going to order a pair for my tractor.

#5 ·
Here are the daytime photos.

Attachments

#7 ·
Haven't had a chance to use it a whole lot other than moving things around with the loader. I can for sure tell a difference though.. when I would use the loader as a hoist to lift a tiller prior to the spacers, driving around on some small slopes made it feel odd... now with the spacers everything feels solid. I'd imagine that will hold true to larger slopes too!

Waiting on finding a 84" Finish Mower to use on mowing where the slopes are; since the MX5 will no longer cut my tracks -- so as soon as I get one, I'll give it a whirl!

#8 ·
Thowle,

Thanks for the write up. I could not add the spacers to my 3530 due to the 43 X 16.00 -20 Galaxy rear tires. The spacer would push out the right rear tire into the right rear of the 72D Auto Connect deck.

has anyone been able to add spaces with a different size tire - maybe a smaller turf tire?

Thanks

Tony

#9 ·
3520 Spacers

I am new on this site. I just upgraded my 3032E to a Deere 3720 two weeks ago. I have some hills on my acreage so i am wanting to add spacers to widen the stance of the wheels. Love your insight into the 4" wheel spacers. My question is do you think a non-mechanic could handle this addition? Ive done some mechanical work but not deep. It looks easy but id like your feedback.

Thanks
Daron

#10 ·
Its easy, need to make sure all bolts/nuts are tight to spec. If your tires are loaded, they are heavy. Don't let them lay down unless you have someone to help pick them up (me and wife did it ok with a 6' 2x4).

#11 ·
I see that Prowler Skid Steer is selling a set of four 2" spacers for $329 and free shipping and they fit the 3x20's...I would post a link but im not sure if im allowed to post links to other sites on here......I may give them a try on my 3320 cab next week.....looks like a really good product....

#12 ·
As long as the link your posting isn't a personal business site and its for the benefit of the members, you're all set! :good2:

There's a link in my signature for GTT's rules and policies including links. :thumbup1gif:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

#14 ·
The wider stance on your 3720 looks much better, and I'm sure it will perform much better too. I've always thought the 3xx0 series looked a bit narrow.

Thanks for the link.

#16 ·
I'm worried that the 72" auto connect mower will hit the rear tires with the added spacing......I'm waiting for delivery to take some measurements before I buy them....has anyone had any clearance problems with the spacers and a MMM....?

#17 ·
Just put an Auto-connect 72" MMM on a 3320 with the smaller R4s. After setting the wheels to the wide position (~1" per side gained), I would only put a 2" spacer on. It will hit the anti-scalp roller on the right side if you went more. The left side is good.

Tractor is gone now so I can't get you any pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

#18 ·
Nice write up. I've been looking for something for my 655 tractor. The rear wheels are in the outmost position and they hit the mower deck gage wheels when I raise the deck up. How do you go about ordering the spacers?

#22 ·
It looks like it would hit the bracket and caster wheel.....Might be able to get away with a 2" spacer but it would be close....

heres a pic of how close it is with the large R4's......

Attachments

Reactions: macmanns
#26 · (Edited)
I plan to move my right rear anti-scalping wheel closer to the deflector. I think I can fit the Turf Specials on if I do that. If not, then I will resort to the R4s and 4" spacers as it looks like the movement of the wheel 3" to the right will allow for > 5" of clearance and thus a 4" spacer set-up "should" work.

what does the other side look like?

#25 ·
I went out today and mowed my road ditches. The worst part of one ditch was at a 30% angle and I definitely felt my butt draw up :laugh:.....I think anything done to widen it out and loading the tires would be a big help. Im going to just load the rear tires and try that first. I do believe 2" spacers would fit without moving anything. Adding the full 4" to each side would require relocating the right side bracket and caster wheel both. It wouldn't be a hard job for a qualified welder but it might void any warranty on the deck unless you have a good dealer that will look over things like that....:good2:

#28 ·
I have a couple of spots where I have a 19 deg angle and even with the turf specials it kinda scares me on occassion. Even though one area I normally avoid, i was able to cut without scaring myself recently - maybe the rain softened the angle a little?

#30 ·
Is it bad that I don't pucker till over 40 degrees? It's gotta be a Jeep thing. ;)

Ya, the Jeeps been on its side a time or two.

Jim

Reactions: RsZk
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.