Fit Rite Hydraulics

Thread: JD MMM lock up kit?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    10-14-2014 @ 11:26 AM
    Thanks

JD MMM lock up kit?

Does anyone have the JD MMM lockup kit installed on a 2520, and working with the Manual Diverter valve? I have been using a couple clevis pins & turn buckles to hold up the manual MMM linkage arms when the deck is removed to keep from destroying them when you back up while they drag the ground, but now that I have added the Manual diverter valve, it takes up the space where the turn buckle was, and uses up the hole in the ROPS support that I had the top clevis in. So before I buy the very costly JD lockup kit I want to be sure it will work & fit with the JD Diverter valve installed. The dealer does not know as they did not even know there was a lockup kit until I gave them a part number LVB24962.
    JD 2520, R4 Tires, 62D MMM, 200CX FEL w/61" bucket, JD I-Match, Ballast Box w/Hitch & 4" steel casters, Frontier RB1060L Blade, Frontier RR1072 Rake, Frontier Pallet Forks, Hardtop Canopy, ROPS Brushguard Kit, Aux Forward lights w/ Artillian glare shields, Rear work light, Rear wheel weights, JD Rec. Hitch w/Ball & Clevis draw bar, 3pt Carryall, Ken's Bolt-On Grab Hooks, & Bolt-On Clevis Blocks.

1959 Chevy Apache V8 Pickup being resto-moded

2. # ADS
    GTT News

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:19 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,030 Times in 738 Posts
    I do not recall this question ever being asked before...like you said most are not even aware of the lock-up kit's anyway. I use it on my 4110 to set the mowing height, I use cable ties to hold the arms up for quickie jobs or just remove the arms altogether.
    -John Deere 4110HST
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks, I-Match, Ballast Box, #380 plow (modified to fit), Markham LD-48 Grapple, Trac-Vac 854 and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 AWS w/60" MMM
    -John Deere 4x2 Turf Gator

View some of my projects/adventures in my Picasa Album

Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

Bolt on Grab Hooks are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    I do not recall this question ever being asked before...like you said most are not even aware of the lock-up kit's anyway. I use it on my 4110 to set the mowing height, I use cable ties to hold the arms up for quickie jobs or just remove the arms altogether.

Yeah, I did a search on this and another Tractor forum and could not find the answer yet, Due to my physical non-abilities with both knees having had total knee replacements, (can't kneel or squat down), So I hate to get on the ground unless I will be there for a while, as it is a bear to pull myself back up, that's why I liked the turnbuckles, if I have to get down for the wire ties I may as well take off the four pins & remove all the linkage anyway, I would just like to keep it easier for me even though it will cost more.

I was hoping that somebody with a 2520 has the independent mower lift (with the diverter valve) and the lock-up kit both. As I already have destroyed 2 bottom links (both at the same time) at around $70.00 each, before I found out about the turnbuckle home brew kit, or the JD factory chain kit.

maybe somebody will have an answer, if not, then I will just have to as they say "bite the bullet" and crawl on the ground.
    JD 2520, R4 Tires, 62D MMM, 200CX FEL w/61" bucket, JD I-Match, Ballast Box w/Hitch & 4" steel casters, Frontier RB1060L Blade, Frontier RR1072 Rake, Frontier Pallet Forks, Hardtop Canopy, ROPS Brushguard Kit, Aux Forward lights w/ Artillian glare shields, Rear work light, Rear wheel weights, JD Rec. Hitch w/Ball & Clevis draw bar, 3pt Carryall, Ken's Bolt-On Grab Hooks, & Bolt-On Clevis Blocks.

5. Top | #4

Last Online
    10-19-2014 @ 08:02 AM
    Thanks
    Is this part of the lockup kit? I have the independent lift & diverter valve on my 2720.

4120, 1026R

6. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    No, that is the hydraulic control for the mower deck height adjustment, the "Lockup Kit" I am talking about goes under the rear of the tractor near the draft arms, here is the home brew version I was using, and a small pic of the JD version parts drawing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails JD MMM lock up kit?-lockup-kit.gif   JD MMM lock up kit?-lockup-kit.jpg  

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 59ApacheDriver For This Useful Post:

andy b. (05-10-2012)

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    09-20-2014 @ 07:13 AM
    Thanks
    I didn't even know such a kit existed. The homebrew version looks simple enough to make.
    Andy B.

1966 110 Lawn Tractor
    2012 2520 - DELIVERED 27APR2012!!!

Tractor that I used to own - 1954 40 Utility
    KB3WPN

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by andy b. View Post
    I didn't even know such a kit existed. The homebrew version looks simple enough to make.
    Yes, it is & cheap too, it just does not fit/work with the newly installed JD diverter valve installed .

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    10-19-2014 @ 08:02 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 59ApacheDriver View Post
    No, that is the hydraulic control for the mower deck height adjustment, the "Lockup Kit" I am talking about goes under the rear of the tractor near the draft arms, here is the home brew version I was using, and a small pic of the JD version parts drawing.
    It has nothing to do with the hydraulics. It is the mower height control. I can lock the mower deck up with it, but I see it is not what you were asking about, but it does the same thing with the added feature of setting adjustable deck height.
    4120, 1026R

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    08-26-2014 @ 05:36 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 59ApacheDriver View Post
    Yes, it is & cheap too, it just does not fit/work with the newly installed JD diverter valve installed .
    Wondered if you ever figured this out? Seems JD gives you a plate that just hangs the top link out away from the ROPS mount. I used a setup that has a shoulder bolt and a couple nuts with lockwashers. I don't know what the JD diverter valve mount looks like, but would this work?

Presumably you could use the head side of the bolt on the valve body and then hang the rest of the kit off the other side?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails JD MMM lock up kit?-photo4.jpg  

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    09-18-2014 @ 11:14 AM
    Thanks
    I think the biggest thing with using both at the same time is that they both would try to use the same holes in the frame.
    2012 JD 2720| Curtis Cab Hardside | JD 200CX w/73" bucket | JD 72" MMM | JD Post Hole-12"Auger | JD 42" Forks | JD Ballast Box | 5ft King Kutter Brush Cutter | Speeco Q-Hitch |