Like Tree44818Likes

Thread: What I Saw Today...

1. Top | #5561
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:21 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,337 Times in 904 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    I was concerned with the bumper being pushed forward so much the plow A-Frame may hit the bumper before the plow is all the way up.
    Ah, ok. My build actually moves the bumper back closer to the factory location because I can attach the plow supports to it, they don't have to go behind it. The cylinder and lift arm will run out of travel before the plow can contact anything if I'm lifting. The lift assembly that attaches to the bumper will have a lower part that bolts on under the mounting bolts and limit arms that will extend down to prevent the plow from being pushed beyond the limits of the lift system if I'm stacking into a pile or similar task.
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

'01 5320 MFWD, 541SL loader with JD Global QA
    '01 Gator 4x2.

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

2. # ADS
    GTT News

3. Top | #5562
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:52 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,109 Times in 1,695 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 56FordGuy View Post
    Ah, ok. My build actually moves the bumper back closer to the factory location because I can attach the plow supports to it, they don't have to go behind it. The cylinder and lift arm will run out of travel before the plow can contact anything if I'm lifting. The lift assembly that attaches to the bumper will have a lower part that bolts on under the mounting bolts and limit arms that will extend down to prevent the plow from being pushed beyond the limits of the lift system if I'm stacking into a pile or similar task.

Stacking stops was my next question.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

4. Top | #5563

Last Online
    Today @ 11:46 AM
    Thanks

What I Saw Today...

Looks great 56fg.
    Last edited by rydplrs; 06-18-2017 at 01:13 PM.

KB on WFM

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #5564
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:29 AM
    Thanks
    Bumper looks sweet 56!
    Looking like a pipeliner.
    Joe
    --------------
    1025R FILB, SB1148, BB2048, Ken's Hooks and Hitch, 36" Artillian forks, JD/Artillian 54" Plow and counting...

7. Top | #5565
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:15 AM
    Thanks
    Wyoming isn't, but this particular part is. We're not planning to move just yet, but it's definitely part of the future plans. As for the folks moving to Denver, that's a good thing. If they're going there then they aren't coming here.
    I understand what you mean. I keep wondering when Cheyenne will become a suburb of Fort Collins.

If a miracle happened and I could convince my wife to move to Wyoming; it would have to be in the Cheyenne, Laramie, or Casper area for medical services since we're in our 60's. I don't know enough about other small cities and towns there that could meet our medical needs, more specifically my wife's.
    pcabe5, 56FordGuy, rtgt and 4 others like this.
    Crabby former cube-farm Moist Robot; now, cranky old fart.

8. Top | #5566
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:33 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mjncad View Post
    I understand what you mean. I keep wondering when Cheyenne will become a suburb of Fort Collins.

If a miracle happened and I could convince my wife to move to Wyoming; it would have to be in the Cheyenne, Laramie, or Casper area for medical services since we're in our 60's. I don't know enough about other small cities and towns there that could meet our medical needs, more specifically my wife's.
    When I retired in '05, we looked at places up by Torrington but decided to stay here because of just what you say about medical issues. Pretty area , Torrington, but no real bargains real estate wise.
    mjncad, 56FordGuy, rtgt and 4 others like this.
    Terry
    World Series of Team Roping member
    John Deere 2440
    Howse bush hog
    J-Bar 7' blade, rake & post hole digger made by somebody
    bunch of home made pull-toys, groomer, bale spears
    Dodge dually '03

9. Top | #5567
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:21 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,337 Times in 904 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mjncad View Post

If I had to move based on your criteria, outside Laramie or Casper would be my top two. Even though Casper and Cheyenne are about the same population, the fact that Casper is three hours away from Colorado makes a difference. I'm not trying to speak ill of Coloradoans, but it's a slightly different mindset there than here. I might even consider Sheridan, it's only a couple of hours from Billings for medical needs.

I like Sheridan, wouldn't mind going somewhere up there or around Buffalo. I like the west to northwestern part of the state but don't want to get too close to Yellowstone or Jackson.
    mjncad, pcabe5, rtgt and 6 others like this.
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

'01 5320 MFWD, 541SL loader with JD Global QA
    '01 Gator 4x2.

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

10. Top | #5568
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:33 AM
    Thanks
    If I had to move based on your criteria, outside Laramie or Casper would be my top two. Even though Casper and Cheyenne are about the same population, the fact that Casper is three hours away from Colorado makes a difference. I'm not trying to speak ill of Coloradoans, but it's a slightly different mindset there than here. I might even consider Sheridan, it's only a couple of hours from Billings for medical needs.

I like Sheridan, wouldn't mind going somewhere up there or around Buffalo. I like the west to northwestern part of the state but don't want to get too close to Yellowstone or Jackson.
    Just look and the last election results - Colorado has gone to the 'blue side' so is becoming very much more liberal and hence the 'different mindset.
    Terry
    World Series of Team Roping member
    John Deere 2440
    Howse bush hog
    J-Bar 7' blade, rake & post hole digger made by somebody
    bunch of home made pull-toys, groomer, bale spears
    Dodge dually '03

11. Top | #5569
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:16 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 978 Posts

I still dream about moving to a much more remote area. Wyoming is kind of the center of where I would start looking around.

The medical part doesn't phase me even though both of us are pretty much crippled up and have to see docs every 3 months. As far as an emergency I am already too far out. Paramedic/ambulance would be a 20 minute wait - nearest hospital is a 45 minute ride. So it would make no difference to me if those times doubled or tripled. When it's time, it's time.
    mjncad, 56FordGuy, rtgt and 4 others like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2 | Artillian 36" Forks w/Backrest | Markham Tooth Bar | iMatch Hitch | Heavy Hitch & Cart | Bush Hog Squealer 48" | Edge Tamers |

12. Top | #5570
    Hey, I want a title too! ZachinCO's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:33 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rope_Chucker View Post
    Just look and the last election results - Colorado has gone to the 'blue side' so is becoming very much more liberal and hence the 'different mindset.
    I moved here before that got real bad.
    I did add 3 "red" voters...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2006 4520-400 CX FEL-RC2072-Land Pride FS700-Rhino Box Blade-7' Plow Blade-CountyLine PHD
    2003 2210-210 FEL-54C MMM

IH Cub Cadet Originals- 62-Running;62-Restoration;61-Parts Donor