Green Tractor Talk banner

Is the new 2025R an SCUT or an MCUT?

10K views 41 replies 20 participants last post by  JohnM45 
#1 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Agricultural machinery Outdoor power equipment

It looks like the new 2025R takes the new 120R loader, the new 260B backhoe and 60D MMM. Does that make it an SCUT just with bigger tire and a true cat 1 3pt or do the bigger tires and true cat 1 3pt move into the MCUT range?

See less See more
#2 ·
View attachment 440330

It looks like the new 2025R takes the new 120R loader, the new 260B backhoe and 60D MMM. Does that make it an SCUT just with bigger tire and a true cat 1 3pt or do the bigger tires and true cat 1 3pt move into the MCUT range?
Actually, the JD spec lists the 3PH as Limited Cat1

[h=3]3-point hitch[/h]
CategoryLimited Category 1
Lift capacity, 24-in. behind link arms400 kg
882 lb

Reactions: PJR832
#9 ·
Well I don't get this at all. The old 2320/2025R has a cat1 hitch and lift
capacity of 1150lbs. Did Deere cheap out on this new 2025R and use the 1025R frame?
Very, very interesting. :dunno:

Reactions: pcabe5 and PJR832
#3 ·
My guess, and that's all it is, it would be a SCUT, it's basically built on the 1 series frame and they gave it a limited Cat 1. So it seems it's a 1 series with bigger tires:dunno:

Reactions: pcabe5
#8 ·
My guess, and that's all it is, it would be a SCUT, it's basically built on the 1 series frame and they gave it a limited Cat 1. So it seems it's a 1 series with bigger tires:dunno:
That was my biggest complaint with the 1026R. I'm now glad that I upgraded to the 2 series for a variety of other reasons, but that was my main complaint.

#5 ·
Just because:lol:

For me personally I've been waiting for the release in the thought that I might upgrade, but that's just stupid of me, my 1023 does what I need it to do :thumbup1gif:

#7 ·
I saw the loader was the 120R, but didn't see where it was saying the actual backhoe model. So its not the 270?

#22 ·
For me the real "limited" part of my limited hitch is the lift height, which larger tires would help with (a lot). A couple more inches would make a pretty big difference there...

#24 ·
I saw the new 2025R today. Video coming out very soon (uploading now...will take awhile from the hotel).

I will also post a link to our website showing all the differences and similarities I could see (and the Deere PMs could point out) between the 1025R/2025R/203xR

Sorry for the delay. It has been a LONG day, and we go back again tomorrow.

I will say that it is much more like the 1025R than the 2032R. The frame is longer than the 1025R, but shorter than the 2038R. Seating position much higher than the 1025R.
Overall, I think it is a nice 'tweener'. More details when I get the video (and web page) uploaded.

Any specific things you want me to look for tomorrow when I re-visit?

Tim

#25 ·
Tim,

I'd be interested in knowing if it has a heavy-duty, full-length, steel frame as it's predecessor the 2320 / previous 2025R has.

Enjoy the show!

Frank

#30 ·
Thanks Tim - I started following things over on the other thread in the MidSize Compact section. Your video was great and also, I appreciated the breakdown of differences on your website - very nice!!! Thanks!!!

#31 ·
Maybe it will be different once I actually see it, but I don't understand this tractor. The increases in capability would be unnoticeable in practical terms, and it seems like the higher COG would make it even more unstable on slopes than the 1 series. The only thing you actually gain that you would notice would be a teeny tiny bit more traction and a wee bit more lift height. And you lose some significant maneuverability, which I believe is what draws most people to subcompact tractors in the first place.

The kid in me says "Ooh bigger tires looks cool must buy" though, so there is that. :)

#32 ·
It's not that much different than the automobile market. When you look at a certain car/SUV/pickup there is usually an option for bigger wheels/tires. Does this car need bigger wheels to operate? Heck no - but a lot of people buy them that way.

Deere has found a market in the suburbanite/small acerage owner and ran with it with huge success. One of the main reasons is because of these options. They are putting more automobile type options on these tractors that this market expects - things like cup holders, tilt steering wheels, cruise control, 12v power access, etc.

Deere has hit it out of the park in this segment so a slightly modified 1-series in the 2025R doesn't surprise me - those bigger wheels will sell tractors.

#33 ·
I'll be curious to see the price difference.

I will say that in all my reading on the forum, there have been quite a few references to people not liking the small size tires. I can certainly see an advantage of having ground clearance, too. Everyone's tasks are different. For me, there are quite a few areas with rougher terrain in and around my wooded sections that I'd love to clear away briars and brush. That ground clearance would be nice.

#34 ·
I don't like the small tires from an aesthetic point of view. But, I do like them from a functional point of view. Small rear tires mean a short wheelbase and small front tires, both of which translate into maneuverability. I know others see it differently, but the way I look at it, I own a 1 series because I can't afford to own two machines, one to mow and one for everything else. If I could, I'd have an X758 or X739 and a 2032r (or bigger). This new one...I don't think I could have it as my only machine. The turning radius is bigger by over a foot, which may not sound like much, but is actually pretty huge. Not in an open parking lot where you can hardly tell the difference, but along narrow trails and tight spaces where the 1 series can barely squeeze in as it is. I always want a smaller tractor when I mow.

So if I can't have this as my only machine, then the only reason to get it over the bigger tractors is price, which is as valid a reason as any I suppose, but doesn't really excite me. The 2032r excites me, but I can't afford it and something else to mow with.

Again, maybe it will be different once I actually see it. And, of course, to each his own. If I had open land without tight trails and lost of obstacles, I'd probably choose this 2025r over a 1025r.

#42 ·
Wow - exactly my situaton! Except I have a JD 15 steel cart...but nonetheless...same situation. :D

If I traded my X500 in on the deal, it would basically cancel out the MMM - a wash. For this reason I'm considering a 5-ish year old tractor with reasonable hours on it for FEL, Snowblower and backhoe work.

Thanks for mentioning it...I'm sure now having to deal with dropping the MMM is nice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.