New 1025R with loader, 60" Mower with mulch kit, 48" box blade and a ballast box - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: New 1025R with loader, 60" Mower with mulch kit, 48" box blade and a ballast box

1. Top | #11
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:35 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Man View Post
    Congrats on the new machine and welcome to GTT!

As you know, it'll take some time getting used to everything, especially since this is your first machine of this caliber. I would recommend finding the most level spot in your yard and using that same spot every time (if level spots are limited) so you can get used to removing and re-installing vs. trying to fight the learning curve and added challenges due to the terrain. Is there an area of your yard where you could essentially build and implement installation "spot?" Perhaps you could level out an area and create enough space to safely negotiate implement changes and such...

Keep us posted on the tweaked loader issue.

Yes, that's what I am going to have to do, building an area for that. I might just make a mini pole barn just for outdoor stuff and free up my garage again.
    It's funny when you go look at the tractors sitting in their yard (outdoors) and not a single rust mark. Bring on home and let it set in the yard for a week, rust showing up in the chipped paint. Very little chips though.

I have found two problems so far. The box blade was put together after they install the pins for the teeth. One out of three cannot be adjusted because it blocked.
    Second, light switch seems to have a short. I noticed it when I got it home, the front headlights where not on and the fender light where. Later that night I went out and try again. To get them to work, I have to wiggle the switch (knob).

Again, does anyone know if it's normal for the bucket assembly tweaked some from left to right?
    And does your tractor pop out of gear sometimes? Or user error? Time will tell I guess.
    Last edited by btb601; 07-21-2014 at 01:56 PM.
    2014 JD 1025r, H120 53" FEL, 60D Auto connect , iMatch Hitch, Ballast Box, 48" Box Blade
    Mods: BXpanded Quick-On Receiver Hitch, Ken's hooks, Piranha tooth bar, Heavier seat springs, LED lights with magnet mounted in the makings.

2. # ADS
    GTT News

3. Top | #12
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:23 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by btb601 View Post
    ...Does it have to be perfectly level all around to take the loader off? I tried to put the loader down on the cement facing the garage, like I was going to drive into it. Bucket down on cement, somewhere around two inches off from left to right. Does not seem right???
    Then I tried length wise to the garage door on the cement and it was better. But the cement is suppose to be slopped to keep rain from entering the garage. I guess I need to get the garage cleared so I can give it a try???
    If one of your rear tires is low, the bucket won't be level. I learned this first-hand. I thought my loader was bent. The tires looked "even", but when I checked, one was nearly completely out of air. Found a thorn, patched it from the inside and the bucket was alot happier.

Also, I've found that if the ground is not perfectly level, taking the loader off and putting it on, well, let's just say it's pretty forgiving.
    Just call me Jon, not Myasis Dragon (Hint: My a** is draggin') 2013 1025r FILB (Factory installed loader & Backhoe - 260 & H120), 60D mower w/electric over hydraulic (independent) lift, R4 tires, psrumor's seat springs, Kenny D's bolt-on hooks, bxpanded piranha tooth bar on a 49" bucket and a 61" bucket for snow and light material, County Line post hole digger, County Line landscape rake, counterfeit JD box scraper, homemade 4' x 8' farm wagon, Fimco 30 gallon 3ph sprayer.

4. Top | #13
    Last Online
    05-08-2017 @ 07:13 AM
    Thanks
    The loader has been known to be a little off. I've also heard of people trying a different angle and the concrete was more to blame than the loader. Just a thought. A nice long 2"x4" and a level will let you know how close the floor is to level.

Also "popping" out of gear is not normal. My shift lever bolt was loose so mine felt a little sloppy, but I don't think it has ever popped out of gear.

My light switch had to be replaced when I added the rear work light. My shop foreman said the switches were a little weak and JD has a replacment. Now mine is a 2012 1026R. I would have thought the "new" switch would be installed by now from the factory...

Early 2012 1026R with H120 and 60" auto connect MMM

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #14
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:48 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,045 Times in 1,641 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by btb601 View Post
    Second, light switch seems to have a short. I noticed it when I got it home, the front headlights where not on and the fender light where. Later that night I went out and try again. To get them to work, I have to wiggle the switch (knob).
    If I recall, the 1xxx series had issues with the light switch and they had to be replaced.
    Last edited by Gizmo2; 07-21-2014 at 03:18 PM.
    dieselshadow and 636mullet like this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

7. Top | #15

Last Online
    09-07-2016 @ 07:43 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    If I recall, the 1xxx series had issues with the light switch and they had to be replaced.
    I'll have to look into that - the "touchy" switch is the only problem I've had thus far (need to jiggle to get the lights on that I want.) Just haven't had the time to take care of it and I rarely do things at night (winter will change that I'm sure.)
    636mullet likes this.
    -Scott-

2014 1025R - 60D 7-Iron MMM, H120 53" FEL/Ballast Box, Ken's hooks and Piranha toothbar, BB2048L Boxblade, 54" snowblade Quick-tatch w/full hydraulic lift/tilt.

You don't have to outrun the bear......just the other campers

8. Top | #16
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:43 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,837 Posts
    There's no "recall" on the light switch, but there is a new one and replacement should be covered under warranty. It's easy to replace.
    Gizmo2 and 636mullet like this.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 62D MMM w/independent lift, 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Z915B w/ ZTR Puffer Air Ride Seat

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dieselshadow For This Useful Post:

Gizmo2 (07-21-2014)

10. Top | #17

Last Online
    05-08-2017 @ 08:41 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselshadow View Post
    There's no "recall" on the light switch, but there is a new one and replacement should be covered under warranty. It's easy to replace.
    When did the replacement switch become available? Was it post April 2013?
    John Deere 1026R Purchased April 2013
    H120 FEL with 49" bucket, Ken's 5/16" Bolt on Hooks & BXpanded Piranha Tooth Bar
    60D (7-iron) Autoconnect MMM
    JD 3-Bag MCS w/Honda GC160 Power "Pak"
    260 BH with 12" bucket
    Artillian 42"x3" Forks w/2" Receiver
    48" EA XTreme Duty Box Blade
    36" EA Independent Wheel Lawn Aerator w/Alternating Depth Tines
    52" Ratchet Rake
    iMatch QH

2003 John Deere LX266
    42" Freedom Mulching Deck
    Larger LX model wheels/tires

11. Top | #18
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:43 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,837 Posts
    I'm not sure.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 62D MMM w/independent lift, 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Z915B w/ ZTR Puffer Air Ride Seat

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dieselshadow For This Useful Post:

Green Man (07-23-2014)

13. Top | #19
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:48 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,045 Times in 1,641 Posts
    No clue either.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Gizmo2 For This Useful Post:

Green Man (07-23-2014)

15. Top | #20

Last Online
    09-07-2016 @ 07:43 PM
    Thanks
    Well...I took delivery of mine in May 2014 and it still has the "bad" switch. Not sure when it was manufactured.
    Green Man likes this.
    -Scott-

2014 1025R - 60D 7-Iron MMM, H120 53" FEL/Ballast Box, Ken's hooks and Piranha toothbar, BB2048L Boxblade, 54" snowblade Quick-tatch w/full hydraulic lift/tilt.

You don't have to outrun the bear......just the other campers

16. The Following User Says Thank You to sstlaure For This Useful Post:

Green Man (07-23-2014)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast