Green Tractor Talk banner

50 Hour service questions, jacking it up, and Hygard or Low Vis Hygard

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  John Deere 1025R TLB 
#1 ·
With all the work I did on the snowblower I have a few basic questions:

I need to do my 50 hour service in the next week or so.

1)
I have the backhoe off, I just realized that I will probably need to take the snowblower drive shaft off for more room around the filter but thats probably not too bad.
My question on my 1025R is where do I jack the tractor up? and then put a jack stand,, seems like theres hardly enough room for the jack, then getting the stand under there?

2)
I just noticed that the dealer gave me low-vis Hygard. I will use this in winter and summer in new england so it would appear they sold me the wrong obe and they should have given me regular Hygard? Is that right?

Thank you as always
Chris

#2 ·
Hiya,

Your owners manual says low-vis for temps -35 through 105, that pretty much covers New England temps: OMLVU25849

Tom

#10 ·
They finally fixed this or is this wrong? My manual and shop manual have Low Vis only good to 85 degrees F. Have seen so many different graphs I do not believe anything they publish anymore. One thing for sure low vis is good for winter and regular hyguard is good for summer.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

#5 ·
I jack mine up with a small floor jack under the BH bottom hook receivers one sider at a time and place the jack stands at a convenient spot along the BH side frame. You are going to pull the L. rear wheel to make the job 50% easier...? I'm coming up on my 200hr service right quick.:good2:

Reactions: BigJim55
#7 ·
Strange. That doesn't look anything like a 1 series tractor. :mocking: Did they change the paint scheme?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.