Green Tractor Talk banner

Lock-n-Lube XL

7K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  ilmo 
#1 ·
I'll blame this one on Tim Marks :good2: :gizmo:

Really - even with a pistol grip grease gun - it can still sometimes be tricky to keep the gun on the zerk (and sometimes get it off too).

Looking forward to putting this guy into action Tool accessory

See less See more
#2 ·

Really - even with a pistol grip grease gun - it can still sometimes be tricky to keep the gun on the zerk (and sometimes get it off too).

Looking forward to putting this guy into action View attachment 391113
this is the newest one out--i'm presuming:munch:it all started on here-a couple of yrs ago--heck i even have one-they are nice-but pricey to attach to all my grease guns--but definitely a good product :good2:

#4 · (Edited)
Other than a on-line order, we have no dealers locally.

Our local JD dealer sells these. Anyone own, or ever use one.
It's offered by Univer-Co.

Yes, I have one of these. I also have the Lock 'N Lube. The only flaw with this one is that if you have a sticky zerk that requires a lot of grease pressure this coupler can be nearly impossible to release. Unlike the Lock 'N Lube which releases easily no matter how much grease pressure is being exerted. That is the reason they had to come up with the grease pressure release valve. Which, the two combined is just too much of a contraption.

Other than that it works ok. If given a choice between it and the L'n'L my choice would be the Lock 'N Lube.

#5 ·

Looking forward to putting this guy into action View attachment 391113

Thanks for the shout-out. I haven't tried my Lock-n-Lube XL yet. I'll do so soon.

Tim

#8 · (Edited)
I tried to find the link on your website, but it seems to be unusable??? Can you check it out?
Don't know, maybe I am doing something wrong.

This is what I see. All other links are viewable.
300″ height=”150″ frameborder=”0″ marginwidth=”0″ marginheight=”0″ scrolling=”no”>

Reactions: PJR832 and BigJim55
#6 ·
I have both. The Univerco is compact, while the Lock-n-Lube regular is bulky. If I were to use the L-n-L exclusively I'd have to change a lot of Zerks from straight to 45 or 90 degrees.

Maybe I should look into whether a quick connect coupler is available for grease guns and keep two or three whips handy; one with the Univerco, one with the L-N-L, and one with the old-school PITA tip.

#19 · (Edited)
I had a chance to get the XL on the grease gun tonight and grease the FEL and B260 on the 1025R. It's great for straight on shots. On the backhoe I almost could not get it on the zerk in the lower joint of the dipper - the one that sits behind the bucket curl cylinder. I think ideally you'd have a angled end to get at that one. There are other zerks on the backhoe that are 'set in' and the XL was perfect for those with its extended reach. All the FEL zerks are pretty much straight on - no issues there. Really nice to have it hang on the zerks - no mess. :bigthumb: I just got the 1025R end of March so I haven't had to venture down under to the drive shaft zerk yet. If the normal LnL doesn't fit I'd be pretty confident the XL won't either. I like the idea of enlarging the hole just enough to get it in there though - don't think it'd take much!

Reactions: ilmo
#20 ·
I would definitely be interested in your results when you get to greasing the drive shaft, especially the front one with the "black hole".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.