Green Tractor Talk banner

New Trailer, Help me decide..

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Bubber 
#1 ·
So i just purchased a 1025r and I am looking for a bigger trailer. I currently have a single axle 6X12 trailer that is time to upgrade. I have looked through the forum and received a lot of good information that started my search and narrowed it down to these.

I am looking at Big Tex, AMO and Leonard. I have never heard of AMO and couldn't find much online, however the local trailer dealer has them and it seems to be well made.

Big Tex: 18' 70CH for $2,655, only thing I don't like is the angle frame 70CH Tandem Axle Car Hauler | Big Tex Trailers

AMO: 18' for $2,999 seems to be beefier in person and with fold down equipment ramps which is a plus, just never heard of them. AMO 2017 LTEQ18W 7K

Leonard: 18' TRLU-0718LEO-300 Wood deck w/dovetail, fold up ramp, 2 brakes 7x18 $3,092

Any insight or additional information to help narrow it down would be appreciated!

#2 ·
Pretty much any well known brand of trailer should be OK. When I went with the 1025R, I bought a 20ft H&H aluminum trailer. A little more expensive, but that 1500# empty weight was great for my needs at the time. Plus it always looks good. Something more for you to consider. When I sold the 1025R, I later sold the trailer for pretty much what I paid for it.

Dave

Reactions: Dedge522
#3 ·
Any insight or additional information to help narrow it down would be appreciated!
I really like Tractor Tim's trailer. Check out his blog post "New Trailer Overview and Photos". I like that the trailer can dump, but is lower with removable sides. For my needs it would serve multiple needs. It will be really high on my list when I get ready to pull the trigger.

I don't want to steer you away from your options, you have some good ones. Just tossing another one out there.

#4 ·
On the Big Tex I would add the option of brakes on the 2nd axle. Other than that they look to be very nice looking trailers.

Doug

#5 ·
What are you gonna use the trailer for??
If you want to haul ANYTHING that does not have wheels,, consider a dump.
My back is WAY too old to manually unload a flatbed trailer.

That little push button hydraulic pump is a lifesaver!! :flag_of_truce:

:laugh:

Even wheeled things are easier to haul with a dump.
Raise the bed a little,, the loading height is lowered.
The ramp/trailer "hump" disappears, and the belly mower can not hit.

I have zero use for a non-dump trailer,,
that is my opinion after owning a dump for 18 years.

#9 ·
Mainly to haul the tractor and my RZR side by side, I would like to have the flexibility to haul a car if need be.

All your points are definitely valid, The dump trailers are just so much more money plus it is hard to find one long enough I can tow the tractor and RZR together to our land.

I looked at them at the trailer dealer and contemplated it for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 ·
I use a 20' 10k car/equipment trailer. Overkill for my 1026r , but I can get other stuff on the trailer with the tractor. I occasionally haul cars and trucks on it. If I was to do over I'd get a deck over trailer as the fenders have gotten in the way a few times. Dump trailers are great, but I don't have the need for one as I don't have a need to haul dirt.

Reactions: BigJim55
#11 ·
Thanks for correcting the link. D & K makes neat stuff and makes me wish I had a need for a trailer. Plus they are relatively close to Colorado, which is a nice change of pace.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.