Green Tractor Talk banner

6400 3 point hitch?

40K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  jd110 
#1 ·
The three point hitch arms on my 6400 stopped working. They won't go up or down, but are in the lowered position. Everything else is fine, hyd. fluid is new, I am thinking it is the electronics for it, but don't know how to diagnose it or fix it. Thanks for any help

#2 · (Edited)
Vtsid I can only give a few ideas, I'm not familiar with the 6400, I hope you don't mind. Did you change the filter? Could the operating lever's linkage by the seat have come off or come apart? Maybe a pin dropped out.

Can you still operate the FEL?

Imagine that, electronics even on a 6400s 3 pt. whats this world coming too? :laugh:

Good Luck Vtsid, I hope it's an easy fix for ya... the experts will be along and hopefully they'll be able to get you going fast and cheap. :good2:

#3 ·
Welcome to DT VT:thumbup1gif:

I would start by cleaning all the electrical connectors at the dash controls and the position sensor, and also check the fuses.

Attachments

#5 ·
The 6400 stepper motor for the rockshaft has a little round cover on top(#22). If you remove that cover, you will expose a little screw. With the tractor running, you can take a small screwdriver and operate the rockshaft. You will need to push down and turn. One direction raises the rockshaft the other lowers it. This will help you determine if its electric or hydraulic. I assume you have checked the fuse.

Attachments

#7 ·
The stepper motors have been known to sometimes get water in them and they short out or freeze up. Since you now can't turn the screw, I am wondering if yours is frozen. Try turning the key on without starting the engine. Then put your ear close to the stepper motor while you push the raise and lower button. If the motor is frozen, you should hear a slight "buzzing" noise when it trys to activate. If you hear the noise, then you can be sure it is getting voltage. Replace the steppermotor. The rockshaft should be recalibrated after it is replaced, but it should operate as is. If you don't hear any buzzing, I would have your dealer check for error codes to help pinpoint the problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.