IVT Speed Adjustment

Thread: IVT Speed Adjustment

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-27-2019 @ 10:23 AM
    Thanks

IVT Speed Adjustment

We have a 7930 IVT that we use for precision manure application (who'da thunk it?) Our problem with speed adjustment is that above 3mph the thumbwheel detent increments are .2mph changes. We would like to get the increments in .1mph changes up to 5mph or more. A JD rep at the Farm Machinery Show in Louisville told me it was possible to change through a port setting but he didn't have the detail. We presented the question to our dealer service mgr to send through JD. Their tecno-guru's response was a copy of the operator manual's instruction on how to roll the thumbwheel to set the ground speed. Does anyone have any technical insight into re-programming the speed increment?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Thanks
    I looked through all of the dealer accessible adjustments and calibrations and don't see any adjustments for this. Does it matter where you set the max speed for set speed 1? Try setting max speed in zone 1 to 5 mph. DO you still get .2 mph increments? Also might try updating software for transmission and armrest controllers. could be a change in newer software. If you give me your serial number I can check to see if any updated software is available.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jd110 For This Useful Post:

ManoocieMan (04-08-2017)

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Ser. #RW7930D011104. Not sure if max speed adjustment you refer to is on thumbwheel or through console settings. Tractor is on job 110 miles from home. Heading there this morning for service work. I'll look into other settings when I get there. Appreciate your help!!

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Been through the manual and tried several management changes in the transmission section. Nothing I have tried changes the .2 mph thumbwheel detent increments when above 3.0 mph. The only way so far has been to back the throttle control off a tick to deliver a .1 mph change in speed. If that's what it takes, so be it. Thought it would be nice to be able to set it on thumbwheel. Seems like it should all come back to computer programming. Someone wrote it to begin with. Seems like Deere would would have a way to accommodate change.

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Thanks
    There are several software updates available for your tractor including transmission controller and armrest controller. either one of those can provide enhancements to operation. I don't know specifics of what the updates can do for you, but it might be worth a shot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 7930 snapshot.png  

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jd110 For This Useful Post:

ManoocieMan (04-10-2017)

10. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    I really appreciate your help. It's in the hands of the service manager at another dealer network from our usual. He found the updates right away and is just a matter of scheduling the install. Don't know why the other dealer didn't mention or pursue that. Cost them the job because of it. Have to wait and see if it addresses our want, but we'll get 7 updates anyway. I'll post again after install with results. Thanks again.

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements