7220 will shut down during operation, will crank but not fire.

Thread: 7220 will shut down during operation, will crank but not fire.

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    06-10-2017 @ 12:08 PM
    Thanks

7220 will shut down during operation, will crank but not fire.

My 7220 will shut down unprovoked during normal operation. When I try to restart it, it will crank but won't fire. I can walk away for it for a few hours and it will restart again only to shut down a few hours or a few days later during normal operation again. The new battery also drains after it sits for a few days. I am wondering if this is part of the same problem or two different issues. Anybody else experience this, or have any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    11-09-2019 @ 06:07 AM
    Thanks
    There are at least three different fuel systems that could be on your tractor depending on year and which transmission you have. It is important to know which one you have to help diagnose the shut down problem. If you could post a picture of the injection pump, it would help. I doubt the two problems are connected. Can't say I ever saw a electrical drain in a fuel system, but anything is possible. It would also be helpful to see what error codes are stored in the controllers. There also should be a couple of large maxi fuses up front just above the battery. You might want to look at those to see if they are corroded. Have seen some of those cause intermittent problems.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements