PK-03 offset help
Results 1 to 3 of 3
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By flyweight

Thread: PK-03 offset help

  1. Top | #1
    TyC
    TyC is offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Online
    08-22-2017 @ 05:46 PM
    Location
    Spartanburg,SC
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    PK-03 offset help

    Posted this on attachments forum with no replies. Seems like guys on this page have more larger equipment experience.

    Need to replace discs on a PK-03 and don't know if the gang bolt is round or square. Anybody know which it is? Easy answer is to take it apart and see, but I'm currently using it and don't need to take it apart until new discs come. Not to mention it is a pain in the rear to get apart. Only want to do it once.
    Parts catalog looks like its round, but previous owner thinks its square. Would like to be sure before I order 20 discs and would hate to have pay return shipping. Parts guy at local dealership wasn't sure either. Parts catalog does not give specifications. Called John Deere direct and no one could pull up specs on that part number.


    Also would like to know if anyone has recommendation on disc supplier.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    flyweight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:57 PM
    Location
    Louisiana, (southeast)
    Posts
    9,584
    Thanks
    871
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 1,230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TyC View Post
    don't know if the gang bolt is round or square.
    Best to my recolection, they are square.





    Quote Originally Posted by TyC View Post
    Anybody know which it is? Easy answer is to take it apart and see, but I'm currently using it and don't need to take it apart until new discs come. Not to mention it is a pain in the rear to get apart. Only want to do it once.
    Parts catalog looks like its round, but previous owner thinks its square. Would like to be sure before I order 20 discs and would hate to have pay return shipping. Parts guy at local dealership wasn't sure either. Parts catalog does not give specifications. Called John Deere direct and no one could pull up specs on that part number.

    They're most likely too young to know, and I'm too old to remember.


    Quote Originally Posted by TyC View Post
    Also would like to know if anyone has recommendation on disc supplier.
    I believe the PK was available with two options of disc size, 24" and 26".
    Plain, Cone, or Cut-out(notched).

    Try Agri Supply, or Shoup
    DRobinson likes this.
    Michael

    2019 JD Z540R, 54" cutting deck w/MulchControl™
    1984 JD 750 Tractor
    1971 JD 15 Chainsaw, ← hasn't run since ~1975

    Also have a bunch of other useless stuff.










  4. Top | #3
    TyC
    TyC is offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Online
    08-22-2017 @ 05:46 PM
    Location
    Spartanburg,SC
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Finally

    Finally I was able to find a John Deere tillage brochure that had 1 of the 10-12 disc part numbers on it with hole dimensions. It is 1 1/2 round. Now of to spend $$$$$$$$!

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •