2510 Hyrdaulic Pump Screen

Thread: 2510 Hyrdaulic Pump Screen

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    07-02-2018 @ 07:17 AM
    Thanks

2510 Hyrdaulic Pump Screen

Can anyone please tell me if the port cap or plug I see on the bottom of the hydraulic pump when I look up from the underside of the 2510 is the plug that has the filter screen (#R27173) for the pump? I am trying to decide if I am lucky enough that the pump is oriented correctly to pull that screen without having to remove the pump? There are several plugs on that pump on several sides, and if I open the wrong one I don't think it is the end of the world getting the piston and springs back in but it would be nice to have a better idea of how much time to budget on this.

The machine was bought in 2014. In 2015 I got around to changing the hydraulic filter and found it had tapeworms (about 6" strand of white teflon tape) in the filter. That fixed the 3Pt hitch chatter but steering is sluggish or delayed and brakes chatter so I looked in the manuals and found 3 screens or strainers. One in the reservoir on the frame behind the filter (R53169), one on the brake Housing (R42684) and the one mentioned above in the pump.

I ordered all 3 screens and a filter and am just going to make a day of it since I am throwing out 9 gallons of Hy-gard while I am at it.

2510 Row Crop, 1967? TYPE 711R SN 010966R
    Gasoline, synchro-range transmission, axle or wide front wheels. And I believe it is the 4-piston pump, and may be an early version of that that IDT notes is slightly different on early SN's. Any help on if I can get that screen out of the pump without removing the pump would be great. I see that screen is in a lot of tractors and images online put that pump in a lot of locations, most of which look easier to access than on the 2510. What I can see from below underneath tractor photo is attached. Thanks.

This is a first time post for me a green tractor, and is a pretty simple topic. That should tell me something about what I should do with my red ones and the number of threads they have created over the years. Thanks ahead to any and all who can help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2510 Gas Synchro Range Hydraulic Pump from bottom.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:17 AM
    Thanks
    Looking at JD parts catalog it come in from the top key 4 in the drawing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2510pump.jpg  
    J
    John Deere 2030 w/245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 w/640SL Loader
    John Deere 285 50" deck Stolen May 2017
    John Deere x485 62" deck AWS
    Kawasaki Mule 2510 4x4 bought new 1996
    Ford F250 4x4 bought new 1978

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks for the diagram post. That may help others orient themselves on this one. My hope is that the pump is actually mounted in the tractor, inverted from the diagram. I have been trying to do the mental gymnastics to invert/rotate the schematic in my head so that the 2 plug types match the diagram with what I see on the tractor from below and I do actually think it is mounted inverted so that the screen faces down, but I was just hoping someone else had done this in the past and would post back something encouraging like "that's right, and it's and easy fix to just pull that bottom plug and get the screen out."

The schematic and assembly we are actually talking about is called the "Four Piston Hydraulic Pump Stroke Control Valve" and I wonder if perhaps that separates and reinstall easily while the hydraulic pump remains in place. The screen is mounted on that part which if I didn't have the JD supplied title would call it the pump housing cover and wondering if I pull the 4 cap bolts (#20) then that 1/2 of the pump cover just pulls off, I can replace the screen on the bench without pulling the entire pump and then fit the "Pump Stroke control valve" back in place.

Thanks!

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    08-18-2019 @ 08:18 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2510driver View Post
    Can anyone please tell me if the port cap or plug I see on the bottom of the hydraulic pump when I look up from the underside of the 2510 is the plug that has the filter screen (#R27173) for the pump? I am trying to decide if I am lucky enough that the pump is oriented correctly to pull that screen without having to remove the pump? There are several plugs on that pump on several sides, and if I open the wrong one I don't think it is the end of the world getting the piston and springs back in but it would be nice to have a better idea of how much time to budget on this.

The machine was bought in 2014. In 2015 I got around to changing the hydraulic filter and found it had tapeworms (about 6" strand of white teflon tape) in the filter. That fixed the 3Pt hitch chatter but steering is sluggish or delayed and brakes chatter so I looked in the manuals and found 3 screens or strainers. One in the reservoir on the frame behind the filter (R53169), one on the brake Housing (R42684) and the one mentioned above in the pump.

I ordered all 3 screens and a filter and am just going to make a day of it since I am throwing out 9 gallons of Hy-gard while I am at it.

2510 Row Crop, 1967? TYPE 711R SN 010966R
    Gasoline, synchro-range transmission, axle or wide front wheels. And I believe it is the 4-piston pump, and may be an early version of that that IDT notes is slightly different on early SN's. Any help on if I can get that screen out of the pump without removing the pump would be great. I see that screen is in a lot of tractors and images online put that pump in a lot of locations, most of which look easier to access than on the 2510. What I can see from below underneath tractor photo is attached. Thanks.

This is a first time post for me a green tractor, and is a pretty simple topic. That should tell me something about what I should do with my red ones and the number of threads they have created over the years. Thanks ahead to any and all who can help.

The plug nearest the bottom of your photo should be for the screen. It takes a 1 1/4" socket. It appears the parts image from Zebrafive is inverted.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jd110 For This Useful Post:

Zebrafive (07-01-2018)

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks for the help. That image that Z5 posted is the way John Deere has it too. But when I look at the pump, the plug locations with the adjuster screw and plugs don't match the diagram unless it is installed upside down, or maybe the diagram is a mirror image that JD has wrong? (intern with a scanner?) It took me a lot of staring at the image, flipping the printout upside down back and forth to come to that conclusion, but confirmation from JD110 is best news so far today. I'll update once the shop floor is covered with Hy-gard. This screen part# has a lot of hits on the web, but none for 2510 unfortunately. It might be overkill going after this one, but I did replace all the hydraulic fluid when I changed the filter after purchase, it was not great looking and considering the garbage in the filter at that time, life may be better with all the screens changed too. Now I just need to find time to pick up the fluid and get the job done. Thanks.

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:24 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,964 Times in 2,476 Posts
    Welcome to GTT 2520,
    Some of your posts were auto-moderated so no one else saw them, they are showing up now.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, Trac-Vac 854 (for sale) and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:17 AM
    Thanks
    Not the first mistake in the JD parts catalog
    J
    John Deere 2030 w/245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 w/640SL Loader
    John Deere 285 50" deck Stolen May 2017
    John Deere x485 62" deck AWS
    Kawasaki Mule 2510 4x4 bought new 1996
    Ford F250 4x4 bought new 1978

11. Top | #8

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:27 PM
    Thanks
    It's amazing when laying on ones back confuses one's mind so easily.
    Last edited by Tx Jim; 07-03-2018 at 10:55 AM.

12. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements