• 1 Post By flyweight
  • 1 Post By Heath

Thread: JD 7200 rear hydraulic cylinders issue

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-18-2018 @ 02:25 PM
    Thanks

JD 7200 rear hydraulic cylinders issue

Hello been long time since I've been here. Started having a problem with the rear hydraulic lift cylinders. If the cylinders are raised with out equipment (mower) the cylinders will not lower without help. I'm 145 pounds and I have to jump on the arms many times once it starts to drop as long as I stay on it will drop to lowest level. If I do have wower deck on it raises the deck just fine but when lowering the deck it is not smooth it drops sever inches at a time really bounces the tractor. Any suggestions how to diagnose the issue? Thanks for any help you can offer!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,779 Times in 1,229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    Hello been long time since I've been here. Started having a problem with the rear hydraulic lift cylinders. If the cylinders are raised with out equipment (mower) the cylinders will not lower without help. I'm 145 pounds and I have to jump on the arms many times once it starts to drop as long as I stay on it will drop to lowest level. If I do have wower deck on it raises the deck just fine but when lowering the deck it is not smooth it drops sever inches at a time really bounces the tractor. Any suggestions how to diagnose the issue? Thanks for any help you can offer!
    The sealing rings in the upper part of the lift cylinder may have swollen and is now binding against the cylinder shaft. Over time, water will enter into this area and cause rust to build on the back side of the sealing rinds. Disassemble the cylinder, remove the sealing rings and clean the groves that the seal reside in. Install new seal kit(#13), apply oil and reassemble.

Another problem can be that the upper Bushing(#11) is seizing to Pin(#5). Disassemble, clean the bushing and pin(or replace with new). Apply grease and reasseble.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RXP011590______UN26JAN95.jpg  
    johnH123 likes this.
    Michael

2019 JD Z540R, 54" cutting deck w/MulchControl™
    1984 JD 750 Tractor
    1971 JD 15 Chainsaw, ← hasn't run since ~1975

Also have a bunch of other useless stuff.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    08-18-2018 @ 02:25 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flyweight View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    The sealing rings in the upper part of the lift cylinder may have swollen and is now binding against the cylinder shaft. Over time, water will enter into this area and cause rust to build on the back side of the sealing rinds. Disassemble the cylinder, remove the sealing rings and clean the groves that the seal reside in. Install new seal kit(#13), apply oil and reassemble.

Another problem can be that the upper Bushing(#11) is seizing to Pin(#5). Disassemble, clean the bushing and pin(or replace with new). Apply grease and reasseble.

Awesome info I will tackle it this weekend. I will let you all know how things go. Thanks for the response!
    flyweight likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements