• 1 Post By jd110
  • 1 Post By dpieroni3

Thread: Jd2950 tach inop

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-13-2019 @ 08:40 PM
    Thanks

Jd2950 tach inop

Good morning, I just joined so if I'm in the wrong section please forgive me and guide me to where I should be. Thanks. The problem I have and was looking for assistance is that the tach binds on my 2950 and is discontinued by John Deere. I have looked for new,used,recond,and after market with out any luck. Is there a repair facility I can send this to for Repair. I work for a Auto Dealer and we can
    sent clusters out for repair but they don't repair AG Gauges. Thank you for your time and hope to be "speaking" to all of you in the future. Have a great day and a safe harvest.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    06-03-2019 @ 08:21 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dpieroni3 View Post
    Good morning, I just joined so if I'm in the wrong section please forgive me and guide me to where I should be. Thanks. The problem I have and was looking for assistance is that the tach binds on my 2950 and is discontinued by John Deere. I have looked for new,used,recond,and after market with out any luck. Is there a repair facility I can send this to for Repair. I work for a Auto Dealer and we can
    sent clusters out for repair but they don't repair AG Gauges. Thank you for your time and hope to be "speaking" to all of you in the future. Have a great day and a safe harvest.
    Ebay
    All State Ag Parts

Al
    BigJim55 likes this.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:10 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,563 Times in 1,645 Posts
    Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

WOW,, looks like they have what you're looking for.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks

2950 inop tach

Thanks for your reply. That's the wrong one. That one is common. I need #AL35166. Have Tried All State,Messick's,Worthingtons,Abeline Machine. Have done a web search under the part number and have not found one. If any one has idea's that would be great. Right now I'm at a loss, but will keep looking. Thank's again

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    06-03-2019 @ 08:21 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dpieroni3 View Post
    Thanks for your reply. That's the wrong one. That one is common. I need #AL35166. Have Tried All State,Messick's,Worthingtons,Abeline Machine. Have done a web search under the part number and have not found one. If any one has idea's that would be great. Right now I'm at a loss, but will keep looking. Thank's again
    What's different about it beside the part number? You sure AL35166 hasn't been superseded? A mechanical tach is a mechanical tach. Provided the speedometer style cable mates, you should be good to go? Gauges are one of those parts that get used on multiple models during an era. I find it difficult to believe that the instrument cluster is unique to the 2950 only.

EDIT: Finally found a picture of an AL35166. The newer model has the fuel gauge and temp built in as well. Otherwise it appears to be the same?

Al
    Last edited by AlKozak; 10-16-2018 at 02:35 PM.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Today @ 09:21 PM
    Thanks
    Try agexpress.com , they can fix almost anything electronic.
    BigJim55 likes this.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks

2950 tach

Quote Originally Posted by AlKozak View Post
    What's different about it beside the part number? You sure AL35166 hasn't been superseded? A mechanical tach is a mechanical tach. Provided the speedometer style cable mates, you should be good to go? Gauges are one of those parts that get used on multiple models during an era. I find it difficult to believe that the instrument cluster is unique to the 2950 only.

EDIT: Finally found a picture of an AL35166. The newer model has the fuel gauge and temp built in as well. Otherwise it appears to be the same?

Al
    It's an electronic tach and on the back side only has 4 female spade connections that goes on to the circuit board. The other one has 2 I believe 9 terminal plugs on the back of the tach. John Deere said that it's not superseded by something else. Thanks

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks

2950 tach

Quote Originally Posted by jd110 View Post
    Try agexpress.com , they can fix almost anything electronic.
    Thanks, I will look into agexpress.com
    BigJim55 likes this.

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements