06 7220 leaking down left frame rail

Thread: 06 7220 leaking down left frame rail

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    01-27-2019 @ 09:49 PM
    Thanks

06 7220 leaking down left frame rail

I just picked up a used 7220 with loader and it’s a nice tractor only 4800 hours.
    I’m starting to figure out why I got such a good deal on it.
    After I park it and shut it down it dumps some hydraulic fluid.
    I was slightly confused because it looks like it’s coming from where the fuel pump and filters are.
    Those braided fuel hoses are leaking and adding to the taste of the puddle on the floor. So I replaced some of those and I’m thinking I have to replace all the fuel hoses because it’s still a bit wet in there but I’m 99% the majority of what is on the floor is hydraulic fluid.
    Looks to be coming from same area as fuel filters but could be coming from slightly further back.

The loader doesn’t leak down when the engine is off and it’s very clean on the right rail.
    Any ideas?

Doesn’t seam to leak during operation. Just after it’s parked and even then not right away.. 5-10minutes of nothing.
    I’ll have to sit and wait to catch it in the act but even then I can’t see much between the transmission and cab.

From the John Deere parts website it looks like the only thing on that side of the tractor is the brake attenuator?
    One would think it would leak under pressure but maybe the operating pressure keeps it sealed and once’s it discharged it leaks down?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    11-09-2019 @ 06:07 AM
    Thanks
    The only thing hydraulic up front is oil cooler and steering. Could be one of those lines leaking. Unless you have TLS front axle. If you do, then that might explain leaking after shut down since there is pressure in that system all the time. Accumulators, oil lines or cylinders could be leaking.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    01-27-2019 @ 09:49 PM
    Thanks
    I just have the regular pivoting mfwd axle.
    Where is the oil cooler? Are there lines that run to the front of the tractor down that left rail? I pulled up schematics with the John Deere partsman we couldn’t find one on the front of the machine.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    11-09-2019 @ 06:07 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick7220 View Post
    I just have the regular pivoting mfwd axle.
    Where is the oil cooler? Are there lines that run to the front of the tractor down that left rail? I pulled up schematics with the John Deere partsman we couldn’t find one on the front of the machine.
    Actually I am mistaken. I was thinking of a 7210 that had oil cooler up front. The 20 series had oil cooler behind the flywheel under the cab. It is ring shaped and driveshaft passes through it.

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements