• 1 Post By jd110
  • 1 Post By Treefarmer

Thread: John deere 7130 flashing light when under load

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-11-2019 @ 08:08 AM
    Thanks

John deere 7130 flashing light when under load

So my 7130 works fine except a new light flashing. It's under the steering wheel and I think normally is for glow plugs but it started flashing under heavy load. I googled it and it said about low fluids or plugged filters so I'm going to check it over but it seems an odd light to flash for those issues.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:20 PM
    Thanks
    That light has 2 purposes. It lights when glow plugs are on and it also lights when there is an error code in the engine system. Could be water in fuel filter, clogged filter, a bad sensor or any one of many things. Also be sure to check coolant level since it is only occurring under load. The After-cooler is prone to getting air locked and causing intake air to get too hot under load. Fill the transparent tank on radiator as full as you can get it and then recheck it after it runs a while. Even if coolant level is at lower side of normal range, it can cause this problem. If there is no obvious problem, you will need to pull codes from computer to see what is causing the flashing light.
    Spectre likes this.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 06:59 AM
    Thanks

Would a plugged air filter cause it?

Quote Originally Posted by jd110 View Post
    That light has 2 purposes. It lights when glow plugs are on and it also lights when there is an error code in the engine system. Could be water in fuel filter, clogged filter, a bad sensor or any one of many things. Also be sure to check coolant level since it is only occurring under load. The After-cooler is prone to getting air locked and causing intake air to get too hot under load. Fill the transparent tank on radiator as full as you can get it and then recheck it after it runs a while. Even if coolant level is at lower side of normal range, it can cause this problem. If there is no obvious problem, you will need to pull codes from computer to see what is causing the flashing light.
    I know absolutely nothing about that tractor but wondered if a dirty air filter could also cause the error?

At least the problems seems to be consistent- I hate a random issue on my vehicles. Thankfully, our tractors are so old they don't have computers. . .

Treefarmer
    SulleyBear likes this.
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff some red, one orange, some I don't remember

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    10-11-2019 @ 08:08 AM
    Thanks
    We have 2 without computers, so nice! I cleaned and checked all the things that could possibly cause it. Most were ok but could have been bad enough to set off a picky sensor.

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements