• 4 Post By ColemanEOC6

Thread: John Deere 6910

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    08-31-2019 @ 07:30 AM
    Thanks

John Deere 6910

Hi,

I have just bought a 2000 JD 6910 that i am gonna tidy up and i have a few issues, there is a knocking noise coming from the front axle and i think it may be the bushes on the main pin that holds the front axle on.

Has anyone on here had a similar problem or even had to change the bushes themselves, if so was it a big job?

I am in UK.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Our JD 6910.jpeg  
    BigJim55, jdmich, raco232 and 1 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:55 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,379 Times in 1,482 Posts
    I'm not familiar with the newer ag tractors, but I'll bet that someone will be by with an answer or some suggestions.

Welcome from Pennsylvania.
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    11-10-2019 @ 07:22 PM
    Thanks
    I have never done that exact model but have repaired bad pivots on 5 and seven series. Don't recall them making the noise you describe. How are the driveshaft joints and the ones by the spindles. Drop the diff oil. Hope you find no scrap iron.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    11-10-2019 @ 07:22 PM
    Thanks
    If it knocks when you go over big bumps or make turns which could cause the axle to want to shift that is possible. I would not have used knocks to describe that however look at the rear pivot. You may have to clean it up to see but a worn pivot will be very apparent. When they go to far the housing is supposed to be replaced. That is cast piece of the axle housing. It includes the center section and the axle housing to one side. The other axle housing bolts to the center section. Yes that is a big expensive job. I have repaired some but that still required removing the axle assembly.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    08-31-2019 @ 07:30 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
    If it knocks when you go over big bumps or make turns which could cause the axle to want to shift that is possible. I would not have used knocks to describe that however look at the rear pivot. You may have to clean it up to see but a worn pivot will be very apparent. When they go to far the housing is supposed to be replaced. That is cast piece of the axle housing. It includes the center section and the axle housing to one side. The other axle housing bolts to the center section. Yes that is a big expensive job. I have repaired some but that still required removing the axle assembly.
    Thanks will take a look when I get home. Working in Germany at the moment and won't be home for a month but all info is a bonus.

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements