Is this the right briefcase weight for the front mount?
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Iron horse
  • 2 Post By Tx Jim
  • 2 Post By Iron horse

Thread: Is this the right briefcase weight for the front mount?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    10-05-2019 @ 02:16 PM
    Thanks

Is this the right briefcase weight for the front mount?

I have here at the house but 4 in a bucket on a tractor elsewhere. I can get some cheap Massey weights at a local dealer for the other tractor. I’d like to have more weight on the front since I’m keeping the loader off of it. Figure I only need the loader on occasions. Most of the time the bulky thing is just blocking my view.

If it it the right one. Any suggestions bolting them on? Do I just fine a really long bolt that goes all the way through?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails D50CED16-A3F9-4E40-9115-921852EC88B3_1569519684685.jpeg   9B44BA18-C24A-47F5-BD7B-365B391AA87D_1569519856168.jpeg  
    Herminator likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 03:30 PM
    Thanks
    Weight bracket is correct. One can utilize long bolt or all-thread through weighs to secure weights to bracket
    Herminator and PJR832 like this.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    10-05-2019 @ 02:16 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Jim View Post
    Weight bracket is correct. One can utilize long bolt or all-thread through weighs to secure weights to bracket
    Ok thanks, I think maybe since I had the right ones the local dealer didn’t want to mess with me anymore. Wants to sell BW weights not Massey ones for 30 each. Stopped yesterday and we already knew the red ones wouldn’t fit the JD when discussing. Told him I’d send him what I had at home. Have this one and 4 more sitting on a box on a 243 Massey 25 miles away... I’ll throw those red weights he has on the massey... heck they may mount to that homemade box. 24by12 box we used to put concrete block in to move hay around then I found those suitcase weights to throw in it. Everyone hates them old Massey tractors but I’ve put the old 230 and 242 to the limit. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about the old massey tractors. Believe that one is 38hp and ive worked the dog piss out of it. Power steering pump operated the front end. That’s about all wrong, Some seal leaks.
    Last edited by Iron horse; 09-26-2019 at 09:48 PM.
    Herminator and PJR832 like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements