Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By jd110

Thread: 3010 brake issues

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-30-2019 @ 11:29 AM
    Thanks

3010 brake issues

Brakes have been replaced, fluid and filter changed twice, screen cleaned. Brake Valve overhauled but still have a very load noise when left brake is applied hard. Sounds like the brake is coming apart and metal to metal. Have already removed brake lt brake assy again and find nothing wrong. Original problem was metal in transmission fluid. Found left brake assy down to metal yet right brake looked brand new. Right brake will not stop wheel when both brakes are applied and even when used independent to turn right doesn't stop completely. Have bled both sides.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    10-11-2019 @ 11:03 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by beerite View Post
    Brakes have been replaced, fluid and filter changed twice, screen cleaned. Brake Valve overhauled but still have a very load noise when left brake is applied hard. Sounds like the brake is coming apart and metal to metal. Have already removed brake lt brake assy again and find nothing wrong. Original problem was metal in transmission fluid. Found left brake assy down to metal yet right brake looked brand new. Right brake will not stop wheel when both brakes are applied and even when used independent to turn right doesn't stop completely. Have bled both sides.
    You might want to check the outer bearing. Under a load a bad bearing will cause a grinding noise. Which may answer for the metal in the fluid. If your our seal was leaking that would also cause a no brake issue.
    2019 3046r, 385A BH, FEL, JD Ballist box, 6' 3pt hitch rake, 4 way 48" snow blade, 7' 3pt hitch drag blade
    Zero turn Z445, 5' 3pt hitch woods mower, 42" Artillian Pallet forks W/Adapter for snow plow, Standard 3pt hitch receiver to move trailers.
    I haul the tractor with a 2015 2500HD Chevrolet Silverado 4X4 6.6L Duramax W/Allison transmission a 2013 18' 7500lb dove tail trailer made by Appilachian trailers.
    Stihl MS271 Farm Boss Chain Saw 18" blade, Piranha Bar.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Thanks
    beerite
    Welcome to GTT
    JD 3010/4010 tractors have history of sensitive brakes. If RH brake pads don't hold when both pedals are applied I'd suggest to look for faulty equalizer valve in brake operating valve. I agree with other poster on grinding noise to check for faulty axle brg.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks

3010 brake issue

metal came from worn out left brake disc from worn out brake pads. Which part in the brake valve is the equalizer valve. We just overhauled it but didn't replace any valves. Is it the one in the center with the screen and ball in it?

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Thanks
    Yes I think it's the valve with the screen but I have no tech manual to consult.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks

3010 brake issues

I just liked at the parts manual and the brake control valve on this tractor does not have an equalizing valve assembly. So, I suppose that could be the problem. Also forgot to mention that the right brake does not brake as good as the left when operating separately from the left. You can lock up the left brake but not the right.
    Last edited by beerite; 09-28-2019 at 08:56 AM.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks

JD 3010 Brakes

Today swapped lines at control valve from left to right. Problem stayed the same as before. Right brake won't lock up where as left brake does.

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Thanks
    WHen you replaced brakes, did you replace pads only? Are disks flat? They have a tendency to warp, and that can affect brake operation. Did you use original equipment pads? What kind of oil are you using? Some oils are more prone to brake chatter and noise.
    DRobinson and Tx Jim like this.

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements