Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By jd110

Thread: ANOTHER 6420 electrical issue.

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    03-31-2017 @ 03:47 PM
    Thanks

ANOTHER 6420 electrical issue.

Tractor runs great but once shut off it has to set for ten to fifteen min to start again. I ran the codes and the code that keeps coming up is b.i.f 000190.02 no signal from engine speed sender. Sooooo my question is , we're is this little bugger located on the tractor and I would assume it's faulty? Also the tractor keeps blowing a 20 a fuse for the fan any helps approciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    11-09-2019 @ 06:07 AM
    Thanks
    The engine speed sensor is located on left side of the front crankshaft pulley. It screws in and you will need a 15/16" deep socket to remove it. Sensor could be bad, but also could have a loose connection or broken wire. Also could have a loose tone wheel. That is the toothed ring that the sensor "reads" off of. I doubt however that this is causing the no start problem. When the sensor fails, you shouldn't get a tach reading and the warning lights on dash should flash when engine is running. If you have power reverser, tractor will not move either. It is possible your injection pump is weak and needs replaced. Or possibly ecu could be going bad, but I doubt that if engine starts cold ok and keeps running until shut off. Are any ecu codes present?
    Tx Jim and basicequipment like this.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    03-31-2017 @ 03:47 PM
    Thanks
    I replaced the sensor and so far so good. I **** it down and started it back up ten times and it didn't miss a beat although I do know it had more codes .... again
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2406_1483395772961.JPG  

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements