7710 Hitch calibration

Thread: 7710 Hitch calibration

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    03-02-2017 @ 04:28 AM
    Thanks

7710 Hitch calibration

I have a 7710 that we use for hauling sugar cane. The previous owner had removed the hitch as he had clearance issues with the trailer gooseneck and the rockshaft. I've removed the trailer and refitted the hitch so I can use it as a farm tractor during the slack season. When I refitted the hitch, I installed a new rockshaft position sensor, and tried to calibrate the HCU but it fails every time. I have checked all of the readings in the input addresses and they are in spec. The hitch works fine otherwise but there is no height limit control. One thing I have noticed is during the calibration, the hitch won't move a small amount as it should while turning the raise limit pot. It will only move using the slider. Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    11-09-2019 @ 06:07 AM
    Thanks
    Did you check height limit pot voltage at HCU 09? It should be .50 - 1.50 with knob fully counterclockwise and 3.50 - 4.50 with knob fully clockwise. If this is correct, the rockshaft should calibrate past this step.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jd110 For This Useful Post:

Caledon Hills (02-26-2017)

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    03-02-2017 @ 04:28 AM
    Thanks
    Thanks jd110. I have mucked around with it for the last few days and I eventually got the hitch to calibrate. The problem is now nothing works. If I swap the plugs for the solenoids on the control valve, I can get it to lift once, by pressing the lower switch. After that, there is just nothing. There are no codes and everything is within spec when tested at their HCU address.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements