• 2 Post By Gizmo2

Thread: Tested my new Artillian frame and landcscape forks

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    09-11-2019 @ 01:31 PM
    Bloomingdale, NJ which is in the north east part of NJ
    Thanks

Tested my new Artillian frame and landcscape forks

When I bought my 990 used, it had a JD pallet fork with it. I have been using it and like the capability of using a fork. I have moved large rocks as well as a lot of brush and logs with it. I was happy with it. When I saw Chris's 2" receiver he built for the Artillian frame I was really intrigued with it since I have to move my splitter around and other things I have as well. So I contacted Chris about it and he was very gracious and let me borrow a brand new Artillian Receiver hitch to test it with my JD PF to see if it would fit before trying to purchase it. Well the slots did not match up very well. I have wanted to get a grapple for some time and new that Chris has been working on one that would connect to the Artillian frame. So I decided to buy Chris's frame with the landscape forks because I could see a lot of use for those as well.

Dealing with Chris is outstanding. He works by the golden rule and also seeks to uphold the law in all his business dealings. Those 2 things are a great plus when dealing with Chris iwho is the owner of Artillian. Chris is also the designer, and sometimes the welder and even the guy who packages the shipment up and I am sure he does a lot of other things around his business as all of us small business guys do. Sometimes we even clean the toilets! Thank you Chris for a great experience in purchasing a product from you!

I picked up the frame from Chris's place of business last Friday. I was up in NH on business and brought my wife with me. This is a rare thing for us but I enjoy bringing her along when I can. It gives us some real good time together to talk and spend time with one another. I highly recommend it.

Chris contacted me the day before to confirm that I was coming and also to let me know he had an appointment that he had to go to and wanted to know When I was planning on arriving. It worked out that I would arrive while he was gone (he even tried to see if he could change his appointment so he could be there when I arrived but that was not possible) so he placed it inside the building where he leaves the parcels for FedEx with my name on it and with a note. I was able to pick them up and head for home which was another 2.5 hours away without traffic so that meant 3.5 hours after it was all said and done after dealing with some accidents on the road.

I put the Arillian frame to the test on Saturday moving some very big wood that had been dropped off by a friend for another friend. I was able to use the 42" or 48" cascade forks off of my JD pallet fork and they connected right onto the Artillian frame. Just a note I think each individual fork weighed as much as the Artillian frame! The frame performed flawlessly. The first piece of Oak had to have weighed over 1000 lbs easily and the 300CX on the 990 had all it could do to lift it to the 48" mark.

I would highly recommend the Artillian frame and forks. I don't think that you can do better.

Just another note. It takes all we can do in order for two of us to lift the JD PF frame if we can do it at all. I believe it weighs over 200 lbs alone without the forks. In the pictures you will see my 16 y/o lifting the Artillian frame out of the box.

There are also some comparison pictures of the JD PF and the Artillian which are interesting to see if you click the link to see all the pictures. I really do not need my JD frame anymore so I am probably going to sell it. If after reading and looking at the pictures if you have some interest go ahead and PM me. It can work for the larger FEL JD tractors as well.

Without any further comment you can see some of the pictures below and there is a link to see all of them if you are interested.

This is what it looks like in the box.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0001.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	320.2 KB 
ID:	23005

This is my 16 y/o son pulling it out of the box all by himself with a great expression by my wife.

Name:	IMG_0002.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	331.9 KB 
ID:	23006

Here are a few pictures of it on the tractor.

Name:	IMG_0003.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	388.7 KB 
ID:	23007 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0004.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	354.9 KB 
ID:	23008 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0005.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	397.0 KB 
ID:	23009 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0006.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	363.4 KB 
ID:	23010

Here it is with that one big stick of oak

Name:	IMG_0007.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	457.1 KB 
ID:	23011 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0008.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	418.7 KB 
ID:	23012

Here is the link for more. In this are some pictures of the building that Artillian is located in and me picking up my packages.

https://plus.google.com/photos/11607...CMb6yOGpkJXZLg

Thanks again Chris for a great product. You are great to do business with.
    Rob

second owner of '05' John Deere 990 CUT with the following:
    JD 300CX FEL
    JD 8B BH
    JD PF
    Artillian PF with 2" reciever hitch adapter
    JD BB
    SpeeCo 3PH Wood Splitter
    Also an independent SplitFire Wood splitter

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to robpm For This Useful Post:

Artillian (11-05-2013), dieselshadow (11-05-2013), farmgirl19 (11-06-2013), Ransx77 (11-05-2013), RichBaxter (11-05-2013), sterling40man (11-05-2013), Vern1026R (11-05-2013)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:52 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,948 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Thanks robpm for a great post.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Thanks for the minute by minute Rob! Those are some pretty serious logs. That 990 sure is a nice machine.

Sorry again for my absence that day. It figures your visit would end up being right on the day and time when I had to go in for an annual singing lesson. Ahem. It was completely forgotten until the reminder came a day or two before.

For those who haven't visited, that is the location for shipping and receiving and is sometimes unoccupied. If Rob hadn't have been by before, I'd have sent someone in my absence or somehow otherwise made arrangements.

Oh, and the packaging is usually a little bit more substantial than Rob's. Since his was a pickup order, some protective components were unnecessary.

Tractor Attachments Maximized for Versatility
    www.ARTILLIAN.com
    Email: [email protected]

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,287 Times in 1,416 Posts
    I hope you didn't leave the candy out of the package.

Don
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    09-11-2019 @ 01:31 PM
    Bloomingdale, NJ which is in the north east part of NJ
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DRobinson View Post
    I hope you didn't leave the candy out of the package.

Don
    Don the candy was there!
    Gizmo2 and DRobinson like this.
    Rob

second owner of '05' John Deere 990 CUT with the following:
    JD 300CX FEL
    JD 8B BH
    JD PF
    Artillian PF with 2" reciever hitch adapter
    JD BB
    SpeeCo 3PH Wood Splitter
    Also an independent SplitFire Wood splitter

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:05 PM
    Thanks
    You know I have bought several things from Chris and never got this free candy you speak of. I live close by and picked them up saving freight etc. I also got to talk with him for an extended period and learn a bit so I think I came out ahead on the candy deal. I would add that his products are so well made I don't give a thought to over stressing/ abusing them as I use my tractor.
    Last edited by Manomet; 11-06-2013 at 04:59 PM.
    Artillian likes this.
    2009 2520 200cx loader 46 Back Hoe 403 Rotary Cutter Artillian forks + 54" Snowblower
    1995 455 w/60" deck

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Manomet For This Useful Post:

Artillian (11-12-2013)

11. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,287 Times in 1,416 Posts

What do you think Gizmo?
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

12. Top | #8
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:52 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,948 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DRobinson View Post

What do you think Gizmo?
    I think Chris flat out took advantage of the situation.................................
    DRobinson and Skyboss1952 like this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements