Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Horse Blinders

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    09-08-2019 @ 10:14 AM
    Thanks

Horse Blinders

Chris, I'm curious if you think the Artillian Horse Blinders could work on square Tuff Lights? I'm not certain how flexible that polymer shroud is, but I'm guessing it won't work. (Did I just give you another idea?)

Amazon.com: Tuff LED Lights 4" Inch Square 27watt LED Work Lamp Light 1550 Lumen, Off Road, Atv, Utv, Polaris Ranger: Automotive
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4inTuff Light.jpg  
    Last edited by Ransx77; 01-10-2014 at 07:40 AM.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    Randy
    New: 2017 JD 2032R. R3 turf, 220R FEL with Single Point, 7-iron 60D MMM, Artillian Diverter; 2019 Z740r
    Previous: 2012 JD 1026R, R3 turf, H-120 FEL, 7-iron 60D MMM
    Attached: EA Wicked 55 Grapple, iMatch, Heavyhitch w/8x42lb, JD BB5060L, JD LR5060L, JLF-2242 forks, Shaver 101 PHD, Countyline 48" rotary cutter
    Tow Behind: Trac-Vac 880, JD10 Cart, Countyline 25 ton splitter
    Stihl: MS180CB-E; MS391; HT101; FS110; HS81T; BR600 Magnum
    Critters: Bees, Chickens, Maremmas

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Ranx,

As it mentions on the web page, the blinders have a 5-1/2" inside diameter. They can spread open up to a 5.8" diameter. According to the 4.6 x 4.6 dimensions of the light fixture, they would theoretically "fit". However, I highly question whether those dimensions include the mounting base or are they just the actual light enclosure. If the dimensions do not include the mounting base, and it is more than about an inch tall then the blinders would definitely not fit.

If you are set on those lights, I can only suggest trying them and seeing how it goes. As an alternative, consider this one instead which looks like they should fit better and are essentially the same light (I only took a very quick look so double check that):

Amazon.com: Tuff LED Lights 2 X 4" Inch Round 27watt LED Work Lamp Light 1550 Lumen, Off Road, Atv, Utv, Polaris Ranger: Automotive

Note: This link is to a pair of lights. Your link was to a single light, I believe. (double check that too)
    Tractor Attachments Maximized for Versatility
    www.ARTILLIAN.com
    Email: [email protected]

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    09-08-2019 @ 10:14 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Artillian View Post
    Ranx,

As it mentions on the web page, the blinders have a 5-1/2" inside diameter. They can spread open up to a 5.8" diameter. According to the 4.6 x 4.6 dimensions of the light fixture, they would theoretically "fit". However, I highly question whether those dimensions include the mounting base or are they just the actual light enclosure. If the dimensions do not include the mounting base, and it is more than about an inch tall then the blinders would definitely not fit.

If you are set on those lights, I can only suggest trying them and seeing how it goes. As an alternative, consider this one instead which looks like they should fit better and are essentially the same light (I only took a very quick look so double check that):

Amazon.com: Tuff LED Lights 2 X 4" Inch Round 27watt LED Work Lamp Light 1550 Lumen, Off Road, Atv, Utv, Polaris Ranger: Automotive

Note: This link is to a pair of lights. Your link was to a single light, I believe. (double check that too)
    I already have the lights, 2 forward facing, 1 rear facing, the horse blinders was an afterthought. So I am kind of stuck at this point.

So the diagonal measurement for these square lights based on a 4.6" outside measurement would be 6.50" and that would exceed the diameter of your horseblinders. I will have to innovate.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    Randy
    New: 2017 JD 2032R. R3 turf, 220R FEL with Single Point, 7-iron 60D MMM, Artillian Diverter; 2019 Z740r
    Previous: 2012 JD 1026R, R3 turf, H-120 FEL, 7-iron 60D MMM
    Attached: EA Wicked 55 Grapple, iMatch, Heavyhitch w/8x42lb, JD BB5060L, JD LR5060L, JLF-2242 forks, Shaver 101 PHD, Countyline 48" rotary cutter
    Tow Behind: Trac-Vac 880, JD10 Cart, Countyline 25 ton splitter
    Stihl: MS180CB-E; MS391; HT101; FS110; HS81T; BR600 Magnum
    Critters: Bees, Chickens, Maremmas

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    08-03-2015 @ 05:27 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Artillian View Post
    Ranx,

Chris,
    Have you heard of anyone using your suggested lights, I just wanted to make sure that they will work together and not get the horse blinds two hot or something.
    BigJim55 likes this.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:41 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,027 Times in 2,509 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Kaiser View Post
    Chris,
    Have you heard of anyone using your suggested lights, I just wanted to make sure that they will work together and not get the horse blinds two hot or something.
    Welcome Dave,
    I can't/won't answer for Chris, but with the LED's I doubt heat will be a problem.
    etcallhome and BigJim55 like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kennyd For This Useful Post:

Artillian (12-29-2014)

9. Top | #6

Last Online
    09-02-2018 @ 09:17 PM
    Thanks
    LEDs make no heat.. I have two lights like you have Rans, and have some blinders I have yet to install so tomorrow I will take a look and see if they would work..
    BigJim55 likes this.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NEWT For This Useful Post:

Artillian (12-29-2014)

11. Top | #7
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Kaiser View Post
    Chris,
    Hello Dave, sorry but I don't get the opportunity to keep track of all of the lights being used with these blinders so I don't have an answer better than was mentioned above. To date, there has been only one minor issue with heat and that was with the Deere halogens, and that person even said they didn't understand how it happened because the lights never seem to get hot enough to have caused it. It was considered an anomaly.

As an extra measure, if there is a concern of heat transfer, one could always add some small isolators or foil tape in the affected area.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    www.ARTILLIAN.com

12. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks

It will work however it touches all sides.. The blinder is not bolted to the light mount but I have a bolt holding the blinder and the mount sits at a angle so from what I see these will work on the 27w square lights.. The 48w ers are larger lights..
    BigJim55 likes this.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to NEWT For This Useful Post:

Artillian (12-31-2014)

14. Top | #9
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NEWT View Post

It will work however it touches all sides.. The blinder is not bolted to the light mount but I have a bolt holding the blinder and the mount sits at a angle so from what I see these will work on the 27w square lights.. The 48w ers are larger lights..
    Hey NEWT,

What sort of machine are those mounted on?
    Last edited by Artillian; 12-31-2014 at 06:29 AM.
    www.ARTILLIAN.com

15. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thats a Toro 455d.

16. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast