• 2 Post By Artillian
  • 1 Post By Artillian

Thread: Fire Rake

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:23 AM
    Thanks

Fire Rake

So, looking at the rendering of the fire rake on the web site, it looks like a blade at the bottom of a frame. The description says it can be used as a dozer blade. Is there something that goes on the back to make it more blade like, or am I not understanding the rendering? I'm also curious about pricing. I'm really interested in this as it may be an even better tool for small tree removal (uprooting) than what I currently have.
    2014 2032r Classic...

-Dan

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:52 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,288 Times in 2,580 Posts
    I too am curious about the Fire Rake. It looks comparable to something like the Ratchet Rake.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:12 AM
    Thanks
    pics?? don't know what it even looks like????
    2009 JD 2305 w/ Femco folding ROPS,Power Beyond Kit, KBOH, 54"MMM, 47" Snowblower, 200CX Loader w/ BB, Powerhorse 12 ton Logsplitter and King Kutter tool carrier and 17P kart
    2009 Cub Cadet/Yanmar ex3200, Land Pride 60” land plane and 60” finish mower, worksaver posthole digger w/ 9” auger, “The thumb” add on grapple, third function valve and KBOH of course

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    09-17-2019 @ 10:49 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselshadow View Post
    I too am curious about the Fire Rake. It looks comparable to something like the Ratchet Rake.
    Me three, might have to add one to the wish list, man it never ends!
    Vern

[COLOR="#008000"]2012 1026R w/loaded R3's, H120 FEL, Artillian forks, Ken's hooks, auto 54D mower deck, 54 front quick hitch blade
    Heavy Hitch front weight bracket, Omni Transformer hitch and subsoiler, 8-42lb. hang on weights, psrumors seat spring upgrade, Land Pride 54" box blade, Frontier LR2060 landscape rake, J.D. IMatch, Bxpanded tooth bar, backhoe thumb and quick change b/h bucket adapter, recently added 260 backhoe and gently used JD 647 tiller.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    02-26-2017 @ 06:54 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fdmars View Post
    pics?? don't know what it even looks like????
    Pics Are on the coming soon page.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Hey guys,

This one has been in limbo for a couple of reasons, both related to the grapple. There have been a lot of requests for it, so it's a real shame they aren't already going. Really sorry. Each new product added seems to double the workload!

It is meant for blading/grading. But the main purpose is for removing ground cover (brush, leaves, sticks, etc). Or, as the name implies, for creating a fire break. A fire rake is an actual fire fighting tool. Of course, hopefully no one would ever have to use it for that.
    Green Man and johnH123 like this.
    Tractor Attachments Maximized for Versatility
    www.ARTILLIAN.com
    Email: [email protected]

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Today @ 07:27 AM
    Thanks
    Hey Chris - any update on the "fire rake"? Is it still something that you are hoping to do or is it off the drawing board now? Just curious - we know you've been busy!
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mark02tj View Post
    Hey Chris - any update on the "fire rake"? Is it still something that you are hoping to do or is it off the drawing board now? Just curious - we know you've been busy!
    Hi M,

This design sort of obsoleted itself once the grapple was completed. Basically, someone could use the Rake sections of the grapple to do the same job, and also have the ability to haul away the material once scraped up. Also, the cost of the attachment was climbing as the design was developing along with it's weight and other factors.

Maybe at some point we'll take a fresh look at the design and see if there is a better approach, but for now, that's where it is/went.

Maybe it would help to hear why this would be beneficial, i.e., what kinds of jobs it would be helpful to do. Sometimes hearing other thoughts helps to direct the path of the design. Input is welcome.
    www.ARTILLIAN.com

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Today @ 07:27 AM
    Thanks
    Good Morning Chris,

I couldn't find a picture of the fire rake on your website so I'm going from memory (which ain't what it used to be!) on what it looked like. I think that it had a series of "teeth" or "tines" that were more tightly spaced than the teeth on the grapple selections. Correct me if I'm wrong.

My property is infested with honeysuckle which is an invasive species here in Ohio. It's a fairly shallow rooted shrub and the best way to get rid of it is to pull the plant out - roots and all. It can be fairly stubborn though. I think that the closer, shorter teeth would be effective for pushing under the roots and then popping it out. One of the reasons that I haven't pulled the trigger on your grapple is that I think the teeth/tines are spaced too far apart to effectively get under a "root ball" that's only 6"-8" wide. Of course, I could be completely wrong about it (and wouldn't be surprised if I am!! ).

Is there a "3rd tooth" option for the rake sessions on the drawing board right now?

Right now I'm leaning towards buying a set of your 24" forks to use to pop these things out.

I've also considered one of these. There's a guy over on "that other tractor forum" that has one on the front of his JD and he loves it. But, right now, indecision is the rule of the day and I haven't bought anything.
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mark02tj View Post
    Good Morning Chris,

I couldn't find a picture of the fire rake on your website so I'm going from memory (which ain't what it used to be!) on what it looked like. I think that it had a series of "teeth" or "tines" that were more tightly spaced than the teeth on the grapple selections. Correct me if I'm wrong.

My property is infested with honeysuckle which is an invasive species here in Ohio. It's a fairly shallow rooted shrub and the best way to get rid of it is to pull the plant out - roots and all. It can be fairly stubborn though. I think that the closer, shorter teeth would be effective for pushing under the roots and then popping it out. One of the reasons that I haven't pulled the trigger on your grapple is that I think the teeth/tines are spaced too far apart to effectively get under a "root ball" that's only 6"-8" wide. Of course, I could be completely wrong about it (and wouldn't be surprised if I am!! ).

Is there a "3rd tooth" option for the rake sessions on the drawing board right now?

Right now I'm leaning towards buying a set of your 24" forks to use to pop these things out.

I've also considered one of these. There's a guy over on "that other tractor forum" that has one on the front of his JD and he loves it. But, right now, indecision is the rule of the day and I haven't bought anything.

1- We're planning to offer some additional bolt-in bed mid plates, mainly for rock bucketing, along with some other add-ons to enhance the grapples/rakes. The Fangs and Bucket Sides are the first of several augmentations to come.

2- One thing to keep in mind about having more teeth for engagement is that the more teeth you have, the less pressure you'll get on each one. It's a balance. Too many and the attachment will be useless for digging, like most traditional grapples. They are basically an anchor for the tractor.

3- Regarding the other offering you are considering, they look like a great company and product line . My only concern with that path is that you would be depending almost directly on your loader lift to pull. Maybe this would work for small things, but you may find it to be limited once you get over a few inches of diameter, depending on your soil conditions. Plus, it's kind of a single purpose tool. What would you use to move/dispose of all of the freshly pulled up waste? Anyway, big on them as an innovative US manufacturer.

4- Here are a couple of photos from a few weeks ago using the grapple to dig up a leaning 6" tree and then break up some fallen trunks that were too long to get out of the thick growth intact. Just press the grapple/rake under the roots, then just curl back and pry it up. Then, with the grapple, snag it and move it where ever you like.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GRP_dig_roots.jpg   GRP_break_tree.jpg  
    Last edited by Artillian; 06-13-2016 at 12:55 PM.
    johnH123 likes this.
    www.ARTILLIAN.com

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements