• 1 Post By grnmtn
  • 2 Post By rtgt

Thread: Gettin the run around...

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-31-2018 @ 09:11 PM
    Thanks

Gettin the run around...

So I placed an order with Artillian for multiple items on the 8th of Sept. I had originally called to check on the status of the items and it appeared as thought everything was in stock. So when I didn't receive a shipping notice I followed up by calling again on the 14th and spoke with Peter. He said he would look into it and email me with an update. I received that email later the same day saying that it was shipping that day and I should see it by Tuesday the 19th. As of the 22nd, still no shipping notice or charge to my cc. I emailed Peter back and go a response saying that they were moving into a new facility and were behind on shipping orders. No word on when my order might ship other than 'soon, maybe today or tomorrow'. To my knowledge that hasn't happened.

Does anyone see what's wrong with this picture? I feel like I was flat out lied to.
    JD 2016 1025R
    -H120 53"
    -54D MMM
    -Artillian 3k frame with 42" forks
    -Artillian diverter
    -Artillian 54 plow kit
    -Ken's bolt on grab hooks/clevis
    -Heavy Hitch, offset
    -(4) 42#, (4) 70# suitcase weights

More to come...

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 01:11 AM
    Thanks

Artillian did fine by me - a perfectionist

Quote Originally Posted by grnmtn View Post
    So I placed an order with Artillian for multiple items on the 8th of Sept. I had originally called to check on the status of the items and it appeared as thought everything was in stock. So when I didn't receive a shipping notice I followed up by calling again on the 14th and spoke with Peter. He said he would look into it and email me with an update. I received that email later the same day saying that it was shipping that day and I should see it by Tuesday the 19th. As of the 22nd, still no shipping notice or charge to my cc. I emailed Peter back and go a response saying that they were moving into a new facility and were behind on shipping orders. No word on when my order might ship other than 'soon, maybe today or tomorrow'. To my knowledge that hasn't happened.

Does anyone see what's wrong with this picture? I feel like I was flat out lied to.
    I can't speak for them, and I see your pain. Have you ever moved? A lot of s**t happens that gets a lot of things fouled up. Call them. They are good people. I think your experience with Artillian is unusual.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    2016 1025R FILB with Flames, iMatch, 647 tiller, 2048 heavy box blade, LP20840 Sprayer, SS1036B spreader, Fit Rite Top 'n Tilt, 54" MMM & BM 0827 mulch kit, Mower Deck Axles & Wheels, Loyal 4x4 drag harrow, Ken's Bolt-On Grab Hooks, BXpanded BH dolly & Piranha tooth bar, Heavy Hitch ripper with 8" & 12" plows, Suitcase Weight & Receiver Hitch, Front Weight Bracket, 8 x 42# weights, Artillian 36" forks with backrest & hitch receiver, hood & side panel sound insulation. And a Smile!

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:55 PM
    Thanks
    I had the same problem when i ordered my H120 dirvertor kit. Took forever no response to email. They are now owned by Curtis the hitch people who aren't use to dealing with the public. I am happy with my dirvertor kit just not the service.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:13 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,031 Times in 2,511 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifterbike View Post
    I had the same problem when i ordered my H120 dirvertor kit. Took forever no response to email. They are now owned by Curtis the hitch people who aren't use to dealing with the public. I am happy with my dirvertor kit just not the service.
    Not Curtis the "hitch people", it's Curtis the "cab people" , not that it matters much to what you said.

Curtis Industries | Vehicle Cabs, Attachments and Accessories
    DRobinson and PJR832 like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kennyd For This Useful Post:

Drifterbike (09-26-2017), Zebrafive (09-25-2017)

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Minuteman17 View Post
    I can't speak for them, and I see your pain. Have you ever moved? A lot of s**t happens that gets a lot of things fouled up. Call them. They are good people. I think your experience with Artillian is unusual.
    Minuteman17, I have called...and emailed. Sure I've moved. I'm aware that things get a little crazy and discombobulating. However, judging by drifterbike's post and others from months ago when the transition was first taking place, my experience doesn't seem very unusual at all. Even if it were, flat out lying and telling a customer that their order "shipped today", only for them to find out a week later that it still hasn't left isn't a great way to do business, is it? I wasn't asking for or expecting it be at my door the next day...simply an honest answer as to when I could expect it would've sufficed.
    BigJim55 and Herminator like this.
    JD 2016 1025R
    -H120 53"
    -54D MMM
    -Artillian diverter
    -Artillian 54 plow kit
    -Heavy Hitch, offset

More to come...

9. Top | #6

Last Online
    08-18-2019 @ 06:54 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grnmtn View Post
    Minuteman17, I have called...and emailed. Sure I've moved. I'm aware that things get a little crazy and discombobulating. However, judging by drifterbike's post and others from months ago when the transition was first taking place, my experience doesn't seem very unusual at all. Even if it were, flat out lying and telling a customer that their order "shipped today", only for them to find out a week later that it still hasn't left isn't a great way to do business, is it? I wasn't asking for or expecting it be at my door the next day...simply an honest answer as to when I could expect it would've sufficed.
    Did you get your order?
    BigJim55 and raco232 like this.
    John Deere 1026R (MY 2012) Purchased April 2013
    H120 FEL with 49" bucket, Ken's 5/16" Bolt on Hooks & BXpanded Piranha Tooth Bar
    60D (7-iron) Autoconnect MMM
    JD 3-Bag MCS w/Honda GC160 Power "Pak"
    260 BH with 12" bucket
    Artillian 42"x3" Forks w/2" Receiver
    48" EA XTreme Duty Box Blade
    36" EA Independent Wheel Lawn Aerator w/Alternating Depth Tines
    52" Ratchet Rake
    iMatch QH

2003 John Deere LX266
    42" Freedom Mulching Deck
    Larger LX model wheels/tires

10. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Well, I suppose I can now update my signature. Never received another email or shipping notice from Artillian. Did finally receive a call from the carrier to arrange delivery and received my order today. I will say that the carrier was very easy to deal with and accommodating considering access to my place with a tractor trailer is difficult. I had the order delivered to a local lumber yard I frequent. Things were well packed and upon initial inspection seem of very good quality, however when i removed the tape protecting the graphite surface where the fork tines slide on the frame, it removed the green paint from the end of the frame. Kind-of a bummer, but I'll clean it up and rattle can it.

I'm still not happy with the service from Artillian. I expect better customer service, particularly when spending this amount of money. Hopefully the products quality and performance will make up for it. My plans for a front hoe bucket and grapple remain up in the air.
    Kennyd and etcallhome like this.
    JD 2016 1025R
    -H120 53"
    -54D MMM
    -Artillian diverter
    -Artillian 54 plow kit
    -Heavy Hitch, offset

More to come...

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,126 Times in 798 Posts
    So what did you order?

Did you get the grapple or is it a future purchase?

I have the grapple and forks. The grapple gets used a lot and it is the best thing since sliced bread.

I had to wait a while for Chris to design/build the SSQA frame and I probably got serial number 00000000000000001 but is was sure worth the wait.

When I purchased my 3039R, the first thing I did was order the JDQA frame.
    DRobinson likes this.
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

12. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    I ordered the 3k frame with 2" receiver and 42" forks, quick-hitch bracket for the 54 plow blade, cutting edge, wings, and diverter kit. The grapple and front hoe bucket are on the wish list, but honestly I have a hard time forking over more money to a company that lied to me and doesn't seem to have their act together. Hopefully they'll that their customers deserve better...I'd like that grapple.
    rtgt likes this.
    JD 2016 1025R
    -H120 53"
    -54D MMM
    -Artillian diverter
    -Artillian 54 plow kit
    -Heavy Hitch, offset

More to come...

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,126 Times in 798 Posts
    Sorry that you had problems with your order.

Chris is/was a very hard act to follow. I miss him.

As far as the grapple goes..... you'll love it.
    DRobinson and mark02tj like this.
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements