Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Diverter valve ordered

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 10:19 AM
    Thanks

Diverter valve ordered

Well, I placed an order for my diverter valve yesterday in hopes to have enough money to get grapples by November. Still on the fence about getting Artillian grapples or the CTA. grapple. I will also be using the diverter valve assembly for my Artillian plow setup for the FEL. This will give me back my tilt function that is much needed during plowing on the FEL.

Anyone have a video of the Artillian grapple at work? I would like to see one picking up brush, roots and or trees for wood cutting.
    Last edited by BillieS; 10-11-2017 at 07:02 AM.
    pcabe5, BigJim55 and jdmich like this.
    2019 3046r, 385A BH, FEL, JD Ballist box, 6' 3pt hitch rake, 4 way 48" snow blade, 7' 3pt hitch drag blade
    Zero turn Z445, 5' 3pt hitch woods mower, 42" Artillian Pallet forks W/Adapter for snow plow, Standard 3pt hitch receiver to move trailers.
    I haul the tractor with a 2015 2500HD Chevrolet Silverado 4X4 6.6L Duramax W/Allison transmission a 2013 18' 7500lb dove tail trailer made by Appilachian trailers.
    Stihl MS271 Farm Boss Chain Saw 18" blade, Piranha Bar.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:55 PM
    Thanks
    I have the CTA grapple and I am very happy with it.
    pcabe5 and mnjdguy like this.
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:21 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BillieS View Post
    Well, I placed an order for my diverter valve yesterday in hopes to have enough money to get grapples by November. Still on the fence about getting Artillian grapples or the CTA. grapple. I will also be using the diverter valve assembly for my Artillian plow setup for the FEL. This will give me back my tilt function that is much needed during plowing on the FEL.

Anyone have a video of the Artillian grapple at work? I would like to see one picking up brush, roots and or trees for wood cutting.
    http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...ming-pool.html

I couldn't find the demo video posted for use with trees but this gives a good idea of its power.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 09:06 PM
    Thanks
    Please post an update on the install of the diverter when you get to doing that! I've been looking but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Since we have the same machine I'm really interested in hearing about how well the "kit" is to install.

Thx!
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester_2320 View Post
    http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...ming-pool.html

I couldn't find the demo video posted for use with trees but this gives a good idea of its power.
    I was able to find one that is labeled Artillian Grapple demo on YouTube. It was quite good and demonstrated most everything I would do with it. I am rather convinced, just need my other question answered.
    2019 3046r, 385A BH, FEL, JD Ballist box, 6' 3pt hitch rake, 4 way 48" snow blade, 7' 3pt hitch drag blade
    Zero turn Z445, 5' 3pt hitch woods mower, 42" Artillian Pallet forks W/Adapter for snow plow, Standard 3pt hitch receiver to move trailers.
    I haul the tractor with a 2015 2500HD Chevrolet Silverado 4X4 6.6L Duramax W/Allison transmission a 2013 18' 7500lb dove tail trailer made by Appilachian trailers.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    Please post an update on the install of the diverter when you get to doing that! I've been looking but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Since we have the same machine I'm really interested in hearing about how well the "kit" is to install.

Thx!
    Will do JR. I have been hanging long enough, it has come time I need to do something to make it easier to move brush and logs for firewood cutting.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Thanks
    I was able to find one that is labeled Artillian Grapple demo on YouTube. It was quite good and demonstrated most everything I would do with it. I am rather convinced, just need my other question answered.
    Stumps and Rocks
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j0pjSR87lM4

Demo, boulder
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iYa-6yZenEQ

Do those answer your other question Billie? If not what was it? I have Artillian's diverter and grapple for my 2032R-ask away!
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post

Thx!
    Might have taken me an hour-I went slow and sealed all threaded connections with KennyD's red sealer, needed to make a couple decisions to make on routing and storage of slack wiring-no mis-fitting pieces, included everything necessary. All good to go.

I use mine for my grapple and for plow angling.
    Kennyd likes this.
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by balrog006 View Post
    Stumps and Rocks
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j0pjSR87lM4

Demo, boulder
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iYa-6yZenEQ

Do those answer your other question Billie? If not what was it? I have Artillian's diverter and grapple for my 2032R-ask away!
    Yes sir it sure does. It still makes it hard to make a decision. There are pro's and con's to each one. I was able to find several videos of both the CTA and the Artillian grapple. So I have been observing both. All that have each one like the one they have. I need to make a decision on how I want to use it as this will help me make a decision. Something of this cost will be important as I do not plan on buying another one.

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    Yes sir it sure does. It still makes it hard to make a decision. There are pro's and con's to each one. I was able to find several videos of both the CTA and the Artillian grapple. So I have been observing both. All that have each one like the one they have. I need to make a decision on how I want to use it as this will help me make a decision. Something of this cost will be important as I do not plan on buying another one.
    For me the decision was clear. Artillian is more adaptable and versatile due to being modular, making them a more diverse and useful tool.

example-I had my eye on some rocks, 24-30" (800-1000#) in an area on my property that I could retrieve them from but did not want to cause a lot of damage to by doing so (wildflower field). I left the grapple centered and removed the two outside rakes, and tractored on over to them. Using the lower grapple section (that was in essence as wide as the rocks) I loosened them and picked them up and the 2032 muscled them to their new home. With a full width (48-60") grapple bed could I have picked up the rocks? Probably, depends on how strong the clamping forces are and how much and how stable a 'bite' I cold get with a full width lid. Would I have done a lot more turf damage grabbing them and trying to get that 'bite' with a 48-60" lower section? Definitely! Did I want a lot of cleanup and replanting of the area due to my rock removal, NO!

Would an EA, CTA or other grapple have gotten the job done, probably-but with the Artillian it was a lot cleaner and easier because its a modular system.
    mark02tj likes this.
    2004-L130

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast