Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Artillian grapple question

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 10:19 AM
    Thanks

Artillian grapple question

If you order the Rake-Grapple-Rake, can you add another top grapple to any of the two rakes at a later time? So eventually I would Grapple-Rake-Grapple.
    BigJim55 and Tractor Tim like this.
    2019 3046r, 385A BH, FEL, JD Ballist box, 6' 3pt hitch rake, 4 way 48" snow blade, 7' 3pt hitch drag blade
    Zero turn Z445, 5' 3pt hitch woods mower, 42" Artillian Pallet forks W/Adapter for snow plow, Standard 3pt hitch receiver to move trailers.
    I haul the tractor with a 2015 2500HD Chevrolet Silverado 4X4 6.6L Duramax W/Allison transmission a 2013 18' 7500lb dove tail trailer made by Appilachian trailers.
    Stihl MS271 Farm Boss Chain Saw 18" blade, Piranha Bar.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Thanks
    Not ordered that way no. There are differences in the tops of the rakes vs the grapple sections and they don't sell parts to mod them.

What they do have is a lower grapple section for sale separately that can be used as a rake and another grapple lid ( also available separately) can be added later.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0973.PNG  
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to balrog006 For This Useful Post:

Kennyd (10-11-2017)

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by balrog006 View Post
    Not ordered that way no. There are differences in the tops of the rakes vs the grapple sections and they don't sell parts to mod them.

What they do have is a lower grapple section for sale separately that can be used as a rake and another grapple lid ( also available separately) can be added later.
    Ok Thanks. I was afraid of that. Guess I will just stick with the Rake-Grapple-Rake should I choose artillian.
    2019 3046r, 385A BH, FEL, JD Ballist box, 6' 3pt hitch rake, 4 way 48" snow blade, 7' 3pt hitch drag blade
    Zero turn Z445, 5' 3pt hitch woods mower, 42" Artillian Pallet forks W/Adapter for snow plow, Standard 3pt hitch receiver to move trailers.
    I haul the tractor with a 2015 2500HD Chevrolet Silverado 4X4 6.6L Duramax W/Allison transmission a 2013 18' 7500lb dove tail trailer made by Appilachian trailers.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BillieS View Post
    Ok Thanks. I was afraid of that. Guess I will just stick with the Rake-Grapple-Rake should I choose artillian.
    For the ~$70 upcharge from rake to lower grapple I wish I would have bought this way.... I can already see that I want a Grapple-Rake-Grapple setup over my Rake-Grapple-Rake one
    mark02tj likes this.
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by balrog006 View Post
    For the ~$70 upcharge from rake to lower grapple I wish I would have bought this way.... I can already see that I want a Grapple-Rake-Grapple setup over my Rake-Grapple-Rake one
    So why would you buy the Grapple-Rake-Grapple. What have you found using your current setup that makes you wish that? How do you like your grapple? I have been looking for someone that has a setup like I am looking at. I am leaning more on the Artillian setup due to the many uses over the other one I am looking at. I already have his frame. I am thinking that with the CTA grapple I would not be able to push material around such as leaves or small brush and not to mention I would not be able to perform back drags with the CTA.
    kjmk likes this.

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:08 PM
    Thanks

Pictures please

For those not real versed in these configurations hopefully in action some pictures please

10. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GUS FINK View Post
    For those not real versed in these configurations hopefully in action some pictures please
    All the pictures, accessories and assembly variations can be found here
    Artillian Grapple
    2004-L130

11. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    So why would you buy the Grapple-Rake-Grapple. What have you found using your current setup that makes you wish that? How do you like your grapple? I have been looking for someone that has a setup like I am looking at. I am leaning more on the Artillian setup due to the many uses over the other one I am looking at. I already have his frame. I am thinking that with the CTA grapple I would not be able to push material around such as leaves or small brush and not to mention I would not be able to perform back drags with the CTA.
    As amazing and capable as the single lid is I can see where having one on each side of the frame would only be better. Having the grapple in the center is the best for weight and large objects if your primary use is brush and various size logs having the lids close on both sides of the frame I think having two would make brush handling and grabbing some logs from a pile even more efficient.

I have found with mine that having to grab from the center of the frame is sometimes more difficult than it might be if I could grab from the side, especially with brush. The faster I can pile up small bunches into a big one and the bigger pile I can grab at once to move it the faster I can clean up an area-If I could grab from the side instead of having to line up with the middle, and if I could grab a bigger end pile with two lids it would be a lot nicer.

On the flip side, the Rake-Grapple-Rake is an amazing tool and I can't imagine not having it. I have cleaned up and moved cords and cords of wood, huge piles of brush, rocks weighing ~1000#, etc. I have used the rakes as a backdrag to smooth out topsoil prior to final dressing and seeding, the list goes on... You will NOT regret getting it in any configuration you choose, but I'd strongly encourage you to spend a little more $ now so you can have the option to expand in the future.
    2004-L130

12. Top | #9

Last Online
    Today @ 05:20 AM
    Thanks
    I have the rake grapple rake set up. I bought mine this way for two reasons, the overall weight and the cost. At the time I had a 2210 SCUT and this set up was the most cost/weight effective for me at the time given my budget constraints and tractor capabilities. I now have a 3025e and this set up still works well even though it's a bigger tractor. I probably would still go with the same set up if I had the 3025e to start with. There are a lot of variables to consider when thinking about a grapple. You need to think hard about whether you want a true 3rd function valve or a diverter valve set up like Artillian offers in addition to the grapple itself.

Whatever you combination decide on with, the Artillian grapple will work out. It is a really effective tool however you set it up. I use mine for everything from back dragging to picking logs out of my debris pile to burn up. I have probably picked 5 cords of down trees out of my woods with it as well so it is very versatile. I probably have close to 100 hours of use on mine over the past two years.
    3025e, D160 loader, Artillian Grapple, Forks, Hoe Bucket, Frontier Land Plane, Rotomec PDH300, Redline Systems 54 inch rock bucket, Heavy Hitch
    400 Garden Tractor, 35a Tiller, 54 inch plow, 60 inch deck

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:55 PM
    Thanks
    Here is where the rake grapple rake falls short. I spent a lot of time in the woods this weekend and this happens quite a bit.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bc4KJVgFyvummLtDbWAFu6J8Vw9dMQNde0W4uS63tb41l7H0GAuaWC4ARcwDlT25BKH-r39nRqfIt09go3mpwVw5hwgfLZrV.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	470714

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6vF6b0nIQDGyuu7cIiYevdQu_vxuTLNdMDqiiMWa316etvdCFIXk6eyWyXeSTB2L-0ivkM_B_ejSsb-mz9SB1ncEFv_E4pnN.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	470722

It's still better than a bucket, or forks, though...
    buckteeth445 likes this.
    2014 2032r Classic...

-Dan

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast