Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: Grapple order this morning

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-29-2019 @ 09:25 PM
    Thanks

Grapple order this morning

So I finally got the last sign off from the finance committee last night, and placed my grapple order about 0600 today. I'm now in another kind of waiting mode (delivery). The trees on my property still don't even have a clue of the wrath that is about to come their way!

I just tried to call Artillian to get a feel for delivery times, and both the voicemail box for Sales, and the main Operator numbers were full and not accepting messages. Let's hope it's just a glitch in the phone system.

Signed,

Anxious Green Tractor Owner
    etcallhome, Gizmo2, fdmars and 9 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:16 PM
    Thanks
    I hope you are right on the phone system glitch. Voice mails full in 2 departments and not accepting messages would be a serious red flag for me. Hope all goes well on your order
    Levi likes this.
    2014 John Deere 5100E H240 FEL 6' Rakemaster Root Grapple, 2016 Woods PSS72 food plot seeder, 2013 John Deere XUV 550 S4 2015 Orsi 12' boom mower with flail head, 2016 John Deere 4105 with front end loader, 2016 John Deere MX6, 2018 Everything Attachments 55" Wicked Grapple. 2018 Everything Attachments Severe Extreme Duty 6' Landscape Rake, 2018 John Deere 1025R TLB with 54D quick connect deck [SIZE=2][COLOR="#008000"]

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    05-16-2019 @ 05:32 PM
    Thanks
    No explanation for why when I called today and Peter answered.i know this won't give you a warm fuzzy feeling,but on my first order placed,I got no feed back on its status till the surprise email came saying it was coming,which was after all the items were put in stock
    Levi likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:58 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,120 Times in 796 Posts
    I know with the change of the guard Curtis has not been living up to the reputation that Chris had built.

My hope is that the quality of the product is as good as the original.
    Kennyd, Levi, BigJim55 and 1 others like this.
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    09-15-2019 @ 05:06 PM
    Thanks
    Good luck, took me over a month to get my forks...
    Levi and BigJim55 like this.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:38 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,597 Times in 1,215 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rtgt View Post
    I know with the change of the guard Curtis has not been living up to the reputation that Chris had built.

My hope is that the quality of the product is as good as the original.
    That's an understatement.
    Levi and buckteeth445 like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    I emailed Peter last night and his response was waiting for me this morning. Looks like it is scheduled to ship next week. Sadly, I was hoping to have it going into next week so that I could attack my woods. I called and pleaded, but was told they are swamped and that this isn't McDonalds (count to 10 and breath deeply Chipmeister). I guess the trees, branches and debris get a to rest a bit longer.
    Levi and Tractor Tim like this.

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    08-31-2018 @ 09:11 PM
    Thanks
    chipmeister, have you received your grapple yet? interested to see how you like it.
    JD 2016 1025R
    -H120 53"
    -54D MMM
    -Artillian 3k frame with 42" forks
    -Artillian diverter
    -Artillian 54 plow kit
    -Ken's bolt on grab hooks/clevis
    -Heavy Hitch, offset
    -(4) 42#, (4) 70# suitcase weights

More to come...

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    So I'm sure many of you are sitting there waiting for an update on my grapple

Due to unforeseen issues on my end, I was not able to work on this until the Friday proceeding Christmas (12/22). After reviewing the instructions several times, I set out with confidence to install my diverter kit.That all goes very well, and I had it done in about 2.5 hours. The only thing that I will say is that the instructions can benefit significantly from having color pictures vs, the really bad black and white pictures that are really tough to see.Others have said this, and they are not kidding. Overall the diverter install went okay though. After completing mine, I've since been able to watch Tim's video. I wish I had that before. He is dead on for the kit.

Next came the installation of the two rakes and the grapple. That was fairly straight forward too, once I figured out those keys.

Next I needed to connect the grapple to the diverter manifold. "Hey, where are those hoses?" "No seriously, who took the hoses?" "Really, there are no hoses?" Nope, no hoses or fittings to complete the job.

So I leave my property to drive 10 miles to get cell signal. (That's a long story, but the install was in a location that apparently has a double wrap of aluminum foil around it that prohibits cell signals from entering the zone.) Once I had a signal, I called Artillian. I discovered that they closed for the Christmas holiday earlier in the day (it was 3:30 EST). I was disappointed and slightly ticked off, but I get it that people want to celebrate. So I leave a message and then find my order confirmation from them, and reply to them stating my problem. On 12/26 I get a reply from Peter saying: "I am sending out the hose kit, was probably missing from the grapple- Sorry! Will ship it today or tomorrow". So that would be 12/27 or 12/28 right?. Nice, short and sweet message right? Okay, it will be shipped to my house, I can bring it back here, and can work on it the weekend after New Year's. Not happy, but what is a guy to do?

Today I called wondering what the tracking number is and Peter told me (after telling me to "settle down") that the hoses were not sent out, are not made, they may be waiting on some parts and he will get back to me later today with an update. The Chipmeister is not a happy camper at the moment.

All I can say is that this better be a great grapple, because I am not really feeling the luv from Artillian yet.
    Levi, Marlin, Tractor Tim and 1 others like this.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Chipmeister For This Useful Post:

Tractor Tim (01-02-2018)

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    08-15-2019 @ 05:25 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chipmeister View Post
    ...snip...All I can say is that this better be a great grapple, because I am not really feeling the luv from Artillian yet.
    It is a superb grapple if they have maintained the same build standards as Chris used on his originals. If it is, you will forget all about the hassle and enjoy grappleing.

Chris would never have handled the situation like this. I ordered one of the first grapples available from Artillian. The clamp lid had a weld missing of which I informed Chris right away. As usual, he answered the phone himself and became very concerned about the weld. He was very aware of quality control. He had his shipping crew ship another grapple lid within the hour and sent me a UPS label to ship the other back. Then, as a "thanks for your patience" gift, he sent me a set of grapple fangs which are awesome.

Sounds like the staff at Curtis/Artillian are lacking in "people skills"! I hope the quality is not lacking as well.
    Levi, BigJim55, mark02tj and 1 others like this.
    1025r
    H120 Loader w/Ken's hooks, Pirhana Bar, Ratchet Rake, Bucket Tamer Shoes, front quick hitch
    260 Backhoe w/Ken's hook, BXpanded Thumb, Bro-Tec Ripper Tooth
    Artillian Diverter kit. Grapple w/Fangs, loader arm mounted 54 snow blade w/ wings, 24" forks
    54" Rock Bucket
    Ballast box
    I-Match
    Box Blade
    Back Blade
    3pt CarryAll
    Boom Pole
    Artillian Front Hoe
    RimGuard in all 4
    2" Wheel Spacers
    Heavy Hitch
    Block Heater