Artillian Diverter Kit Installation Video (Deere 1-Series)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Artillian Diverter Kit Installation Video (Deere 1-Series)

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Thanks

Artillian Diverter Kit Installation Video (Deere 1-Series)

I've put together a video of our 1025R Diverter Installation (for our new Artillian Grapple). (Special Thanks to Artillian/Curtis!)

This is a long video, as the installation took awhile.

There are two major sections:

1 - Hydraulic Installation

2 - Electrical Controller Installation

We ended up doing the electrical installation two different ways. The first approach became necessary because of an immediate need to use the grapple...then, later in the video, we finished the installation wiring the diverter directly to the fuse box.

We would like to thank GTT user DanaMorgan for this post: http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...tml#post130906 (Their very first post to the GTT forum, BTW).

We used that NAPA part to make the fuse box connection. It was not a perfect fit, as it did not lock cleanly into the fuse block, but I was able to make it work.

Sit back and enjoy, and don't make too much fun of me for saying the bolt head was "10 centimeters". ...instead of 10mm! Oh well...hard to keep everything clear inside my head :-)

Kennyd, pcabe5, Levi and 10 others like this.
    (See Tractor Time with Tim's main YouTube channel page)
    Tractor Time with Tim Web site
    Owned:
    2018 Deere 1025R

Sponsored (subsidized, loaner, etc):
    Ventrac 4500
    Case CX37C
    Deere 5075e
    Deere 2038r
    Deere Gator 835M HVAC

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tractor Tim For This Useful Post:

jdmich (12-23-2017), Jep (12-23-2017), Kennyd (12-23-2017), Levi (12-23-2017), pcabe5 (12-23-2017), raco232 (12-23-2017), Ray_PA (12-23-2017)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Hey, I want a title too! ZachinCO's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:00 PM
    Thanks
    Nice video Tim!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Levi and Tractor Tim like this.
    MINE!! 2016 New Holland T4.75

In-Laws 2006 4520-400 CX FEL-RC2072-Land Pride FS700-Rhino Box Blade-7' Plow Blade-CountyLine PHD
    In-Laws 2003 2210-210 FEL-54C MMM

My Sons IH Cub Cadet Originals- 62-Running;62-Restoration;61-Parts Donor

My social media~ https://www.instagram.com/zwhewitt_photos/

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:12 PM
    Thanks
    Very nice video. When I installed mine I took The loader off. Made it easier running the hoses and mounting the Diverter
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:15 PM
    Thanks
    Your video went a long ways toward explaining what a diverter does. Since I bought the 1025R I've learned much but there is a ton more I need to know.

Reading here has shortened the learning curve.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Levi, mark02tj and Tractor Tim like this.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to rakane For This Useful Post:

Tractor Tim (12-23-2017)

9. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rakane View Post
    Your video went a long ways toward explaining what a diverter does. Since I bought the 1025R I've learned much but there is a ton more I need to know.

Reading here has shortened the learning curve.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Thanks for watching!

Yes, GTT is a tremendous resource for all things John Deere, especially compact tractors.

Tim
    Levi and CountryLakes1025R like this.
    Owned:
    2018 Deere 1025R

Ventrac 4500
    Case CX37C
    Deere 5075e
    Deere 2038r
    Deere Gator 835M HVAC

10. Top | #6

Last Online
    07-17-2018 @ 07:47 PM
    Thanks
    Very good video Tim but there is no way I could do it. I wish Deere offered a third function valve from the factory as Kubota and possibly others do. I have serious doubts about turning a “tech” loose to do the install, not to mention the cost of having the dealer do it.

11. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Traderdell View Post
    Very good video Tim but there is no way I could do it. I wish Deere offered a third function valve from the factory as Kubota and possibly others do. I have serious doubts about turning a “tech” loose to do the install, not to mention the cost of having the dealer do it.
    I guess I failed. It really wasn't that hard. If you use the 12v plug version, the electric would be simple.

Just step by step. You heard Katriel reading the instructions to me.

I'm sure you could do it!
    Kennyd, pcabe5, Levi and 4 others like this.
    Owned:
    2018 Deere 1025R

Ventrac 4500
    Case CX37C
    Deere 5075e
    Deere 2038r
    Deere Gator 835M HVAC

12. Top | #8

Last Online
    07-17-2018 @ 07:47 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tractor Tim View Post
    I guess I failed. It really wasn't that hard. If you use the 12v plug version, the electric would be simple.

Just step by step. You heard Katriel reading the instructions to me.

I'm sure you could do it!
    You most certainly did not fail it was an excellent video as all of yours are! I appreciate your vote of confidence.

13. Top | #9
    Last Online
    07-08-2019 @ 10:38 PM
    Thanks
    After watching Tim's video, and reading the directions, I finally dove in on installing my diverter today. I took some pictures to show the differences with the 120R loader and thought I would add them to this thread. It was pretty easy to follow and do. Once I was done with the hydraulics, I short cut the electric in order to get to work, so I need to circle back and do that properly another time.

I also learned a lesson about carrying the tools needed to tighten fittings in the field. Although everything was fine in the garage, when I started to put load on the grapple it revealed that I didn't tighten one of the grapple connections very well. No problem, easy fix. I need to get around to putting together my toolkit for the field.

Anyway, here's some pictures.

First, the grapple modules installed. The jury is still out on the modular system. I might end up just wanting separate implements when it comes to forks and grapple. However, after using the grapple, it's awesome and I may just live with having to move these piece around. Time will tell.

First difference is the hard line connections. They're now these fixed right angle connections. I want to say they were 13/16".

And they are o-ring type fittings.

Then I was worried about the manifold interfering with the heavy hitch, but it didn't since it had to be offset from center so that the hoses reached the diverter.

For routing up the boom, and my first flaw, I should have moved the manifold closer to the boom and put the hoses behind the factory hose. I will eventually do that. When curling and dumping, the factory hose causes the grapple hoses to deflect about 1/2inch. Probably not a big deal, but I ended up removing that zip tie in order to give them more room to move until I reroute.

Fits nicely through factory guide.

Then up and over the factory hoses. I removed the protective sleaving in order to make the hoses easier to work with and properly route. I reinstalled it later. I first stacked the curl and dump hoses on top of each other (the hoses on the left of the 4 hose gang), and connected them, then ran the other hose next to them.

Then I made up all of my connections.

The new dump and curl hoses used 7/8" fittings.

Then I bastardized the electric so I could get to work. Everything worked great!

2019 2038R, dual rear vavles, power beyond, 220R loader, 57" HD bucket, iMatch, R3+ tires, JD premium LED light kit, wheel spacers, Artillian diverter, EA wicked root grapple, Heavy Hitch "flexible ballast" and bolt on toothbar, Ken's extended iMatch hook, Titan forks, Woods BB60X rotary cutter, Woods HLS3 wood splitter.

1940 John Deere H with PTO, hand start.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to JustinHEMI For This Useful Post:

Tractor Tim (08-30-2018)

15. Top | #10
    Last Online
    07-08-2019 @ 10:38 PM
    Thanks
    Question.

Ever since I installed the diverter, I have found that when removing the loader that the two hoses that go from the tractor to the diverter pull very tight to where not only are they difficult to get off, bit impossible to get back on without first seating the loader with the raise and lower.

I emailed Artillian and they suggested that I'm lifting the loader too high when taking it off, but here's a picture ofe lifting it just until the latch latches, per the manual.

Any ideas? Do I have something installed wrong?

Thanks!

2019 2038R, dual rear vavles, power beyond, 220R loader, 57" HD bucket, iMatch, R3+ tires, JD premium LED light kit, wheel spacers, Artillian diverter, EA wicked root grapple, Heavy Hitch "flexible ballast" and bolt on toothbar, Ken's extended iMatch hook, Titan forks, Woods BB60X rotary cutter, Woods HLS3 wood splitter.

1940 John Deere H with PTO, hand start.

16. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast