Very happy with Artillian 6 wheel ballast box!
Like Tree17Likes
  • 6 Post By Green Man
  • 5 Post By Gizmo2
  • 2 Post By rgd
  • 1 Post By DRobinson
  • 3 Post By rgd

Thread: Very happy with Artillian 6 wheel ballast box!

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-18-2019 @ 06:54 AM
    Thanks

Very happy with Artillian 6 wheel ballast box!

Just wanted to give props to Chris on his ballast box trolley... thing is a work of art and functions as good as it looks, which is my kind of piece! Even though this is a ballast box trolley, the fit and finish is absolutely perfect, as I expected. I keep my machine clean and "polished up" so having everything nice, shiny and green is what I like and the trolley fits right in! Neighbor asked me if it was something that I built, as he knows I'm a show car nut and always customizing something on the Mustang and since I got the 1-series, he keeps saying that my meticulous / OCD is spreading to the tractor! Jokingly, I told him that there are others out there that like to take care of their machines and even some that build parts that could go on a garage queen car, hahaha!

This is my first Artillian purchase and after this experience, there will be MANY more!

Chris - How did you know that Werther's were my favorite!? Hahaha!

John Deere 1026R (MY 2012) Purchased April 2013
    H120 FEL with 49" bucket, Ken's 5/16" Bolt on Hooks & BXpanded Piranha Tooth Bar
    60D (7-iron) Autoconnect MMM
    JD 3-Bag MCS w/Honda GC160 Power "Pak"
    260 BH with 12" bucket
    Artillian 42"x3" Forks w/2" Receiver
    48" EA XTreme Duty Box Blade
    36" EA Independent Wheel Lawn Aerator w/Alternating Depth Tines
    52" Ratchet Rake
    iMatch QH

2003 John Deere LX266
    42" Freedom Mulching Deck
    Larger LX model wheels/tires

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:07 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,948 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Man View Post
    Just wanted to give props to Chris on his ballast box trolley... thing is a work of art and functions as good as it looks, which is my kind of piece! Even though this is a ballast box trolley, the fit and finish is absolutely perfect, as I expected. I keep my machine clean and "polished up" so having everything nice, shiny and green is what I like and the trolley fits right in! Neighbor asked me if it was something that I built, as he knows I'm a show car nut and always customizing something on the Mustang and since I got the 1-series, he keeps saying that my meticulous / OCD is spreading to the tractor! Jokingly, I told him that there are others out there that like to take care of their machines and even some that build parts that could go on a garage queen car, hahaha!

This is my first Artillian purchase and after this experience, there will be MANY more!

Chris - How did you know that Werther's were my favorite!? Hahaha!

Werther's! All I ever got was left over Xmas candy.
    For a while, all my spare money went to Artillian. Then the wife dropped the bomb on me with all the things she wanted for herself. To this day I still think Chris and her were working together.
    DRobinson, rgd, Green Man and 2 others like this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Werther's! All I ever got was left over Xmas candy.
    For a while, all my spare money went to Artillian. Then the wife dropped the bomb on me with all the things she wanted for herself. To this day I still think Chris and her were working together.
    I'm sure if I don't buy anything (now that I've somewhat committed to more purchases), I will most likely get downgraded to Xmas candy or maybe an M&M or two, hahahaha! Since I picked up the CMP dethatcher and the ballast box trolley, my better half is starting to ask questions and look out for packages a bit more now... I think she is sensing a trend, since packages used to arrive for the car all the time and she was fine with the one hobby, but now that there is another "hobby" developing, I'm sensing some concern on her part, so I may be able to get one more purchase in and then I'll be on the wagon for a while - not voluntarily of course.
    H120 FEL with 49" bucket, Ken's 5/16" Bolt on Hooks & BXpanded Piranha Tooth Bar
    260 BH with 12" bucket
    52" Ratchet Rake
    iMatch QH

2003 John Deere LX266

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    rgd
    Last Online
    02-18-2019 @ 10:52 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Man View Post
    I'm sure if I don't buy anything (now that I've somewhat committed to more purchases), I will most likely get downgraded to Xmas candy or maybe an M&M or two, hahahaha! Since I picked up the CMP dethatcher and the ballast box trolley, my better half is starting to ask questions and look out for packages a bit more now... I think she is sensing a trend, since packages used to arrive for the car all the time and she was fine with the one hobby, but now that there is another "hobby" developing, I'm sensing some concern on her part, so I may be able to get one more purchase in and then I'll be on the wagon for a while - not voluntarily of course.
    Just tell SWMBO (she who must be obeyed) that a tractor without implements is just a high dollar ATV. And a slow one at that. A tractor is just the motor for your tools. Like having a drill without bits.She wouldnt buy a mixer without a bowl or spoons? ....just playing devils advocate. Good luck....and I assume no liability for anything I post
    Last edited by rgd; 10-11-2014 at 01:50 PM.
    Gizmo2 and Green Man like this.
    JD 2520 TLB
    JD gt 275

Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:24 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,287 Times in 1,416 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rgd View Post
    Just tell SWMBO (she who must be obeyed) that a tractor without implements is just a high dollar ATV. And a slow one at that. A tractor is just the motor for your tools. Like having a drill without bits.She wouldnt buy a mixer without a bowl or spoons? ....just playing devils advocate. Good luck....and I assume no liability for anything I post
    rgd:

Be sure and let us know how it works for you.
    Gizmo2 likes this.
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

8. Top | #6
    rgd
    Last Online
    02-18-2019 @ 10:52 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DRobinson View Post
    rgd:

Be sure and let us know how it works for you.
    I'm just glad SWMBO doesnt read GTT ....having bad posture would be the least of my worries..:empathy3:
    Gizmo2, DRobinson and Green Man like this.
    JD 2520 TLB
    JD gt 275

Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rgd View Post
    I really, really, really like this approach! I think I could relate this to her having that perfect pair of shoes for a particular dress/outfit because we all know, without the right shoes, the dress/outfit is useless! Yes, this has to work!

I'm sure I'll need some luck, flowers, jewelry, that perfect pair of shoes, maybe even pick out that perfect dress, another bribe of some sort, yaaaaaaaaaaa....
    260 BH with 12" bucket
    52" Ratchet Rake
    iMatch QH

2003 John Deere LX266

10. Remove Advertisements