Like Tree116Likes

Thread: Air Conditioning for the JD 1 Series & 2 Series

1. Top | #11
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:20 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,409 Times in 1,152 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    Even in less hot environments I just couldn’t imagine a cab without A/C - it is all glass and acts like a greenhouse.
    My FIL has a kabota with a Curtis cab, in the summer he takes the doors and rear window out and it’s still hot, unless I could have heat-a/c I would not have a tractor w/cab.
    mjncad, Levi, spferdil and 2 others like this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #12
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:59 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,975 Times in 2,152 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PJR832 View Post
    My FIL has a kabota with a Curtis cab, in the summer he takes the doors and rear window out and it’s still hot, unless I could have heat-a/c I would not have a tractor w/cab.
    Exactly my thoughts as well.
    Levi, spferdil and PJR832 like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

4. Top | #13
    Last Online
    10-16-2018 @ 08:44 AM
    Thanks
    This is just my opinion, I have seen a few threads from folks buying cabs for their 1 and 2 series however I see FAR more posts from folks saying they would like a cab but can't for various reasons.

There are brand loyal JD folks and brand loyal Kubota folks however based on my talks with new property owners over the years there are FAR more people out there who could care less if they are sitting on a JD, Kubota, or various other tractors. Kubota offers a factory cab on the B2650 with factory a/c, imho the majority of folks wanting a small tractor with cab and a/c will buy the Kubota's because they can finance it although I think it's just a matter of time before JD offers a factory cab on the 2 series due to Kubota's offerings of cabs on the B series

I believe the majority of cab buyers for the 1 and 2 series would have a difficult time spending $3500 for the a/c at the time of purchase of the cab. Heat is a must but a/c is a luxury. I'm sure some of those buyers would return in time to purchase the a/c setup but I don't foresee the numbers being that impressive. No doubt there are many previous buyers of the cabs currently that would like to have an a/c setup but $3500 would detour them. Design the cabs to not have removable doors or windows that open and you will sell some a/c systems!

I may be way wrong but I don't see an impressive number of folks out there who want a/c bad enough to be willing to buy the JD tractor, then the cab, then purchase an a/c system when they can purchase other brands, unless there is a way for them to finance everything together.

It's like everything else in the marketplace though, if your overhead in the a/c systems is little to none and the markup is at a point you don't have to move impressive numbers to be profitable, heck yea offer the a/c systems to the JD owners. There are folks out there who will buy it. If there is financing options for potential buyers for the cab and a/c setups through the Deere dealers then that's a huge help.

I wonder how many potential subcompact tractor buyers would step up into a larger tractor with a factory cab if it's the a/c they are wanting?

The cabs for the subcompacts for winter use are obviously a must for many buyers. I would just assume when you throw a/c into the mix and the cost to obtain it, many buyers would move up into the larger machines for the factory cabs.
    Last edited by ky_shawn; 03-24-2018 at 05:17 PM.
    mjncad, Levi, spferdil and 4 others like this.
    3520 (cab, eHydro, R1's, 300x fel, forks, grapple) Frontier 5' cutter, 7' Tufline disk, 6' Gill pulverizer, 6' box blade, 6' rear blade, TSC post auger, 6' Woods rfm, 8' JD rotary hoe, 8' Brillion cultipacker, 6' field cultivator, Tarter spreader, Fimco 3 point sprayer, subsoiler, ken's bolt on hooks & clevis, JD Z920 ZTR

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #14
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks

Thank You All for your Feedback on Air Conditioning

GTT Forum Members,

Thank You All for your feedback and comments. It is extremely valuable to be able to speak to your comments internally as we prioritize future vehicle platforms for our Air Conditioning System.

Sincerely,

John F Davis
    Director of Sales & Marketing Curtis Industries & Artillian Tractor
    [email protected]
    508-459-4308
    Tractor Attachments Maximized for Versatility
    www.ARTILLIAN.com
    Email: [email protected]

7. Top | #15

Last Online
    07-01-2019 @ 07:12 AM
    Thanks
    Any update on this? I for one could care less about a heated cab. You can always put on more clothes but you can only take off so many...

I would love to see an AC cooled cab.
    mjncad, ky_shawn and PJR832 like this.

8. Top | #16
    Last Online
    06-25-2019 @ 10:34 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Artillian View Post
    GTT Forum Members,

Interested in your opinion.

Curtis Industries, owner of Artillian Tractor, recently introduced an Air Conditioning System for the Kubota BX70-80.

We are considering a similar system for the John Deere 1 & 2 Family Tractors.

We are interested in any feedback you have on this system, features and pricing.

The system features an automotive grade, fully charged & sealed electric Air Conditioning Unit.

What makes our system unique, is the patent pending technology we have developed, allowing us to power the unit without impacting the performance of the tractor, even at peak load demands.

I have included a link below for you to view the system on our web site, and included an image of the roof mounted unit (with custom roof).

Kubota, air conditioning, AC, Kubota BX2370-1, Kubota BX2380

Attachment 576273

Installed Retail Pricing $3500.

Please let us know what you think about a similar system on the Deere 1 & 2 Family Tractors, with a Curtis Cab of Course!!

Thank You

John F Davis
    Director of Sales & Marketing
    Curtis Industries & Artillian Tractor
    [email protected]
    508-459-4308

By my math, in Canada that would make it a $13k cab with AC... I could literally buy the factory-cab 3 series instead of the cobbled-together 2 series or at the least, come within a thousand or so dollars.

Someone else in Canada want to recalculate my math?
    mjncad and ky_shawn like this.
    JD 2520 MCUT (SOLD)

Looking for a 3xx or 4xx restoration project (at a good price)

9. Top | #17
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:00 PM
    Thanks
    Plus

Doesn't Kubota offer a factory cab on these models now? I understand this post is for the 2 series Deere tractors, but price needs to come down to make it a viable option. I know that is why I ended up with a 3R series. Because Deere does not offer a cab on the 2R models. I doubt they ever will either, as the lack of that option moves people to the 3R series. But there is going to have to be a huge $$ delta between the price of an aftermarket cab with heat and A/C and the price of the comparable 3R series. For example the standard cab on the 3R series is $8300.00 and the deluxe cab is around $9200.00.
    So you will need to come in around $7K with installation to make people want to purchase an aftermarket air-conditioned cab vs just getting the factory integrated cab (which in itself is worth a lot). Lastly there is just under $2K difference between a 2038R and a 3039R (both open station models). Both are about the same size and within 1HP of each other.

However, I can see someone that is dead set on having A/C for their 1R series. The 1R does a lot of things well and will probably still fit in 90% of garages with the cab.

My $.43

Jeff
    Last edited by Jet Dr.; 07-20-2018 at 09:17 AM.
    mjncad likes this.
    2018 3046R - Deluxe Cab, air ride seat, R4 tires, 3rd ESCV, diverter valve with 4th and 5th SCV's, mid PTO, 72D autoconnect MMM with independent lift, power beyond, 375A backhoe, 320R loader with 3rd function lines, L&R external mirrors, Frontier 60" 4 in 1 bucket and factory stereo with dedicated Sirius tuner.

10. Top | #18
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:53 PM
    Thanks
    I have a Tektite cab on my 1 series. The cab weighs 400 lbs and all that heavy glass raises the center of gravity quite a bit and shifts it forward away from the rear axle and closer to the front axle pivot.
    I can't imagine how a cab + air conditioner would raise the CG even further.

Before considering an AC unit I would have to see some calculations done to locate the new displaced CG. Being a commercial pilot for 40 years has taught me to be very aware of weight and balance!
    mjncad, firemachine69 and Jet Dr. like this.
    1025r
    H120 Loader w/Ken's hooks, Pirhana Bar, Ratchet Rake, Bucket Tamer Shoes, front quick hitch
    260 Backhoe w/Ken's hook, BXpanded Thumb, Bro-Tec Ripper Tooth
    Artillian Diverter kit. Grapple w/Fangs, loader arm mounted 54 snow blade w/ wings, 24" forks
    54" Rock Bucket
    Ballast box
    I-Match
    Box Blade
    Back Blade
    3pt CarryAll
    Boom Pole
    Artillian Front Hoe
    RimGuard in all 4
    2" Wheel Spacers
    Heavy Hitch
    Block Heater
    HLA 60" Snow Pusher w/Backdrag Blade
    Tektite hard side heated cab

11. Top | #19
    Last Online
    06-25-2019 @ 10:34 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Dr. View Post
    Plus

Doesn't Kubota offer a factory cab on these models now? I understand this post is for the 2 series Deere tractors, but price needs to come down to make it a viable option. I know that is why I ended up with a 3R series. Because Deere does not offer a cab on the 2R models. I doubt they ever will either, as the lack of that option moves people to the 3R series. But there is going to have to be a huge $$ delta between the price of an aftermarket cab with heat and A/C and the price of the comparable 3R series. For example the standard cab on the 3R series is $8300.00 and the deluxe cab is around $9200.00.
    So you will need to come in around $7K with installation to make people want to purchase an aftermarket air-conditioned cab vs just getting the factory integrated cab (which in itself is worth a lot). Lastly there is just under $2K difference between a 2038R and a 3039R (both open station models). Both are about the same size and within 1HP of each other.

However, I can see someone that is dead set on having A/C for their 1R series. The 1R does a lot of things well and will probably still fit in 90% of garages with the cab.

My $.43

Jeff

This is a pretty important point. If they could make a cab WITH a/c+heat, that fits a 1 series, that clears a 7 foot door, that is TLB compatible, they might have a winner. When you get to a 2 series, you either accept a Tektite cab with no A/C, or move up a factory cab'ed 3 series.

Or just go to Kubota altogether. Personally, I'd go orange. The price is really appealing.
    Last edited by firemachine69; 07-23-2018 at 09:03 AM.
    Jet Dr. likes this.
    JD 2520 MCUT (SOLD)

Looking for a 3xx or 4xx restoration project (at a good price)

12. Top | #20
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:05 PM
    Thanks
    I realize I'm coming in late with my opinion. I have a Mauser cab on my 1025R and love it, but I can't imagine how tipsy it would be with more weight on the roof. Just my 2 cents.
    Greg

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!

2018 JD 1025R FEL /Mauser cab / 53" Bucket/Heavy hitch tooth bar / I-Match / Kenny's extended hook / JD ballast box / Loader mounted JD 54" snow plow/9" wings / Artillian 36" pallet fork set / Woods RTR48.30 tiller & LRS60 landscape rake / Howes 48" box blade /Heavy Hitch receiver/weight bracket / Heavy Hitch ripper/middle plow/subsoiler / Dual Alpena Hex Fire rear led lights / Bora 2" spacers / Land Pride CA1548 core aerator

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast