Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: Air Conditioning for the JD 1 Series & 2 Series

1. Top | #21

Last Online
    07-13-2019 @ 08:29 PM
    Thanks

AC would be good !

A tractor with AC for a reasonable price point would be nice.

If you price a Kubota 2650 with a cab that has AC, you are looking at 32k (list price off their website) with just a loader and a mower. Add the backhoe and you are at 40k.

A 1025r with 120R loader and mower is $16.8k. Add a cab to that with AC for 6-7k, and that's actually a reasonable price for the comfort. That's the price of a backhoe option.

So you can choose the cab with AC or a backhoe. Not a bad choice.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #22

Last Online
    07-02-2019 @ 08:51 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Greendigger View Post
    A tractor with AC for a reasonable price point would be nice.

If you price a Kubota 2650 with a cab that has AC, you are looking at 32k (list price off their website) with just a loader and a mower. Add the backhoe and you are at 40k.

A 1025r with 120R loader and mower is $16.8k. Add a cab to that with AC for 6-7k, and that's actually a reasonable price for the comfort. That's the price of a backhoe option.

So you can choose the cab with AC or a backhoe. Not a bad choice.
    Mine came in with a price of $20k which was a loader, MMM 60” and ballast box.

4. Top | #23

Last Online
    07-02-2019 @ 08:51 PM
    Thanks
    What would the price of a cab with heater and AC?

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #24

Last Online
    Today @ 07:23 AM
    Thanks
    I know I'm Mr. Opposite, So here is my .02, I would NEVER buy a tractor with a cab and especially heat or A/C.
    I don't care if it was the same price as one without I'd buy the one without for the same money.

My tractor is a tool for doing work, I want it simple and functional. I can survive operating it in zero weather or 100 degree heat.
    I don't need to be pampered. Heat and A/C add nothing to increase the capabilities or function of the tractor so its useless to me.

I'm sure there are some who'd love it. That's fine as long as I don't have to.
    If all tractor mfg's started making all tractors with cabs, A/C and heat I'd never buy new again. I'd look to buy used and rebuild if I had to.

There has to be other equipment/tools out there that are function oriented would be desirable to many that would expand your business.
    '06 JD 2720, FEL, Flail Mower.

7. Top | #25

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:30 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by klunker View Post
    I know I'm Mr. Opposite, So here is my .02, I would NEVER buy a tractor with a cab and especially heat or A/C.
    I don't care if it was the same price as one without I'd buy the one without for the same money.

My tractor is a tool for doing work, I want it simple and functional. I can survive operating it in zero weather or 100 degree heat.
    I don't need to be pampered. Heat and A/C add nothing to increase the capabilities or function of the tractor so its useless to me.

If all tractor mfg's started making all tractors with cabs, A/C and heat I'd never buy new again. I'd look to buy used and rebuild if I had to.

There has to be other equipment/tools out there that are function oriented would be desirable to many that would expand your business.
    while I get where your coming from, truth of the matter is, I'm getting older and money isn't an issue for me at this stage in my life. So, I dont mind paying a little extra for some creature comforts.
    As for the heat, I have missed the last 30+ years due to mandatory work during the snow season, and always relying on my kids or neighbors doing my snow removal. I cant wait for that first big blizzard where I dont have to worry about punching a clock....... but its gonna be in a heated cab.

8. Top | #26
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:51 PM
    Thanks

Try it one time and get back to us,....

You'll wonder why and how you ever did without it.

Jeff
    2018 3046R - Deluxe Cab, air ride seat, R4 tires, 3rd ESCV, diverter valve with 4th and 5th SCV's, mid PTO, 72D autoconnect MMM with independent lift, power beyond, 375A backhoe, 320R loader with 3rd function lines, L&R external mirrors, Frontier 60" 4 in 1 bucket and factory stereo with dedicated Sirius tuner.

9. Top | #27

Last Online
    07-17-2019 @ 04:26 PM
    Thanks

You are not contrarian, you are simply wrong about the usefulness of the cab.

I imagine you running around in a convertible with the top down in the middle of winter, after all, what is the purpose of the cabin on your car? The cab itself makes the tractor much more useful and effective under many environmental conditions while adding a safety factor under certain conditions that a simple ROP system doesn't provide. Whether it is -40, 0, or + 110 degrees out, or I am simply working deep in the woods where I am exposed to fall hazards the cab more than pays for itself by extending the usefulness of 'the tool' to when it would otherwise be dangerous ... you know... doing work. This all adds up to making 'the tool' much more useful and extends the working hours while providing an envelope of safety not only for me as an operator but for everyone around me because I am not distracted fighting the elements. I value my tools as much as the next guy and I certainly don't want to spend money for the sake of convenience and comfort but this is one investment that I will never regret. Besides, nobody is forcing you to buy a cab or A/C or a tractor.

1025 R FILB * Tektite Heated Cab * 54" Snowblower * Artillian 42" Forks * Artillian Grapple * Artillian Front Hoe * TSC 5' Box Blade * TSC 6' rear scraper blade * 60" MMM * Kens BOH

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Earthling For This Useful Post:

balrog006 (07-04-2019), mjncad (07-05-2019)

11. Top | #28

Last Online
    07-17-2019 @ 02:16 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by firemachine69 View Post
    On tonight's episode of "Turning a 10K tractor into a 30K tractor..."
    Auguste . . . a blue collar guy working in a white collar world
    Rexton, New Brunswick, Canada

JD Tractor aka Bucky
    2018 1025r ~ New in April 2018

Accessories ~ Front End Loader ~ Backhoe ~ Mid-Mounter Mower ~ Box Blade ~ Fork Lift ~
    Roto Tiller ~ Chipper ~ Mulch Kit ~ Sub-soil Conditioner ~ Ballast Box ~ Plug Aerator ~
    Thatcherator ~ iMatch Quick Hitch ~ Landscape rake

Modifications Completed by Me ~ LED lights on roll bar ~ Mirrors ~ Shortened Rollbar to fit in Garage

12. Top | #29

Last Online
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Thanks

I want to put A/C in My JD X748 Already have Curtis Hard Cab

Quote Originally Posted by Artillian View Post
    GTT Forum Members,

Interested in your opinion.

Curtis Industries, owner of Artillian Tractor, recently introduced an Air Conditioning System for the Kubota BX70-80.

We are considering a similar system for the John Deere 1 & 2 Family Tractors.

We are interested in any feedback you have on this system, features and pricing.

The system features an automotive grade, fully charged & sealed electric Air Conditioning Unit.

What makes our system unique, is the patent pending technology we have developed, allowing us to power the unit without impacting the performance of the tractor, even at peak load demands.

I have included a link below for you to view the system on our web site, and included an image of the roof mounted unit (with custom roof).

Kubota, air conditioning, AC, Kubota BX2370-1, Kubota BX2380

Attachment 576273

Installed Retail Pricing $3500.

Please let us know what you think about a similar system on the Deere 1 & 2 Family Tractors, with a Curtis Cab of Course!!

Thank You

John F Davis
    Director of Sales & Marketing
    Curtis Industries & Artillian Tractor
    [email protected]
    508-459-4308
    I have a John Deere X748 I have the Curtis Hard Cab and I am Very Interested. Local Kubuta dealer did not seem interested because of the JD brand. The cab is almost Identical to the BX70. I never take my cab off and with the weather getting hotter A/C is getting to be necessary.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3