Heavy Hitch middle buster on Artillian 2" receiver?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By coaltrain
  • 1 Post By FortClatsop

Thread: Heavy Hitch middle buster on Artillian 2" receiver?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks

Heavy Hitch middle buster on Artillian 2" receiver?

Middle buster/ripper
    Has anyone plugged the two inch hitch with the Heavy Hitch ripper/middle buster into the Artillian two inch receiver/pallet frame adaptor on a front end loader? This seems to me to be a way to use lift, curl, and some downward pressure to exert some surgical finesse on some roots and small stumps and otherwise loosen up some hard soil for those of us without a back hoe? Realizing I don't have a bulldozer and being mindful not to twist my loader frame..... Is this bad idea? Am I missing something here? It looks like it would do more than probing with my pallet forks?

I'm trying to post this on both Heavy Hitch and Artillian. My apologies if that is a bad idea.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:59 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,996 Times in 2,168 Posts
    I think you idea is a good one except that you aren’t going to get the force you will need with the loader hydraulics. For smaller roots it may work OK. I’m just not sure how strong the 2” recieved on the fork frame is....

With that said Artillian does have a solution for what you are attempting - their front hoe bucket.

Fork Frame Attachments

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	57245288-F30C-4900-95FD-FFC02ED55511.jpeg 
Views:	5 
Size:	202.8 KB 
ID:	622114
    bmichael likes this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    I have the front hoe. I haven't tried it yet. My thought is that the same force applied to a smaller area to begin with might yield better results. The only component that I lack is the 2" receiver/adaptor plate, which of course I ordered the day after all the other Artillian stuff showed up.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks

HH ripper on 2” plate

HH ripper pointed forward on Artillian plate works great to loosen soil and pop small roots. Came in later with front hoe. In the absence of a backhoe it works nicely on small stumps. I can’t figure out photo posting from my iPad.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    2006 2305, 870 hours, 200CX FEL, Imatch (stationary hook), Frontier 1060E RFM, BB2048L, LR1060L, JD403 rotary cutter, Wallenstein CAN BX42, Since Tractor Time With Tim: Artillian forks, Front Hoe, 3PT adaptor, 2" receiver plate, Heavy Hitch dual weight bracket, HH Tooth bar, HH ripper/middle buster.
    2014 X324 AWS 48"/Powerflo bags; 2011 X540 54”, MC519/Powerflo, 48 front blade; ‘78 316K/33 tiller. ‘80 314 project.

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements