Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Got some use out of the Artillian front-hoe

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    04-02-2019 @ 06:56 AM
    Thanks

Got some use out of the Artillian front-hoe

After agonizing over all the various options and reading every thread on here I could find, I decided to pick up the Artillian frame, forks, and bucket. The forks are pricier than some other options, but I knew I wanted the bucket and eventually the grapple system.
    First the bad: The whole order process just left me unhappy. The website said they were a week or two behind on 'some popular products' then I got an email after my order saying it would be three weeks. It ended up being 5 weeks from order to delivered. And communication was poor - I had to contact them, and tried a couple different addresses, to get any kind of update or ETA. It just left a bad taste - paying for the 'premier' setup, I guess I expected a little more.
    Then I sliced my finger pretty bad on a burr :D Ok, so I was excited to get it all together and put it to work and probably should have put my gloves on first.

Anyway... it's a very well designed system. I like being able to take the brush guard off if I don't need it. I've only played around with the forks a bit, but they've done everything I've thrown at them so far. The bucket was worth the money on the first project - ~150 feet of french drain

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180505_115404866_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	622570

It takes a little thought and finesse to get a trench like that with a front bucket, but once I got the hang of it, it went pretty quickly. I wouldn't make a habit of using it for this, but for small little digging projects around the yard, it's a pretty handy piece of equipment. I did manage to bend a couple teeth pretty good with my little 2305, so I'm not sure how well it would handle any more umph behind it.
    It's a good system, worth the $$ (I think) I just hope they get some ordering/customer service kinks worked out before/if I end up ordering the grapple from them.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wildblue For This Useful Post:

Gizmo2 (06-01-2018), Kennyd (05-30-2018), Marlin (06-04-2018), Superglidesport (06-01-2018)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:54 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,989 Times in 2,162 Posts
    Thanks for the review - the front hoe bucket is on my wish list.

You did a very nice job on the trench!
    spferdil, Marlin and wentonbrown like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Nice looking trench. I received the frame, forks, back rest, 3pt/quick hitch plate, and front hoe, two weeks ago. It took one month once I ordered. I've been playing with the forks so far. I'm looking forward to excising some small stumps and some other projects once mowing season slows down.
    Superglidesport and Marlin like this.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:09 PM
    Thanks
    NICE job on that trench! I envy you guys that have enough finesse with your front loader controls to be able to do that.

Did you do it driving forwards or backwards? (This might sound like a dumb question, but I'm really interested in the answer. )
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:19 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,561 Times in 977 Posts
    Echoing previous comments about the trench. Nice work!

Have fun with your new Artillian system.
    Gizmo2 and Marlin like this.
    John Deere 3320
    eHydro, R4's, 300CX Loader, 61" HD Bucket
    JD Tooth Bar, Deluxe Hood Guard, Ken's Bolt-on Hooks
    485 Backhoe w. 18" HD Bucket
    Mid-PTO, Front 3 Point Hitch, 366 Front Blade
    Tarter 5' 3PH Tiller
    Frontier AP12F Forks

John Deere 2032R
    R3's, 220R Loader, 57" HD Bucket
    Curtis Hard Side Cab & Heater
    62D Deck, iMatch Quick Hitch
    54 Snowblower
    Super HeavyHitch
    Little Wonder "Optimax" & JRCO Blower Buggy
    Fimco 60 Gallon 3PH Boomless Sprayer w. PTO Pump

9. Top | #6
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:35 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,786 Times in 2,823 Posts
    Darn nice wildblue.
    Welcome to GTT and thanks for the post.
    Marlin likes this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

10. Top | #7
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:35 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,786 Times in 2,823 Posts
    wildblue, Looking at the picture again, I don't think you would have had room to use a BH without the outriggers hitting the fence.
    Did you off set the bucket on the fork frame?
    spferdil and Marlin like this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:54 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,989 Times in 2,162 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    wildblue, Looking at the picture again, I don't think you would have had room to use a BH without the outriggers hitting the fence.
    Being able to offset the bucket is a big plus of this. You could dig a trench nice and close to a building.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:22 PM
    Thanks
    Very nice looking job on the trench. I have the hoe but haven't had the chance to use it much yet, but have wondered about the best way to dig and place the dirt on something like this.
    Gizmo2 and Marlin like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

13. Top | #10

Last Online
    04-02-2019 @ 06:56 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mark02tj View Post
    Did you do it driving forwards or backwards? (This might sound like a dumb question, but I'm really interested in the answer. )
    Driving forward for most of it. In the picture, we had turned around and were coming at it from the other end for awhile to stay off the fence. I did flip it upside down at one point because of what I had to work around, but I didn't have as much 'power' in that direction with my little tractor. You really have to think ahead using it this way - you have to be able to turn the whole tractor to dump the bucket, but you might be straddling the trench and can't turn far without your tires dropping into it :D Add to all that I can't really curl and lift at the same time... like I said, it was slow-going and not really the perfect tool for the job, but I had time.

You can off-set the bucket by a little bit. It's hard to explain, but the bucket locks in-between the notches on the frame, so you have a little adjustment. Had to be really careful because then my tires we close to the trench wall when I was straddling it - it was really solid ground though, I wouldn't have tried that in loose stuff.

Thanks for all the good words - been lurking on here a good long time. This is new to me and I've found a ton of good info on here. The transmission fan cover thingy is probably next on the list because of some threads I stumbled on here and I have a whole list of other attachments I'm looking for now :D
    Gizmo2, Marlin, Bumper and 1 others like this.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast