Any ETA for 36" JDQA forks in stock?
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree8Likes
  • 8 Post By Artillian

Thread: Any ETA for 36" JDQA forks in stock?

  1. Top | #1
    blue87fj60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:09 AM
    Location
    south jersey
    Posts
    2,690
    Thanks
    150
    Thanked 356 Times in 278 Posts

    Any ETA for 36" JDQA forks in stock?

    Website has had an out of stock for a while and was wondering when they would be back.
    Sold some stuff over the weekend and now have the funds.

    As much as i would like the Cascade 42"ers, just don't think a 1025R can use their potential.
    No sense in adding more weight either.
    Joe
    --------------
    1025R FILB, SB1148, BB2048, Ken's Hooks and Hitch, 36" Artillian forks, JD/Artillian 54" Plow and counting...
    HPX615E Gator

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    sterling40man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Online
    04-22-2018 @ 02:24 AM
    Location
    Northern Maine
    Posts
    1,541
    Thanks
    313
    Thanked 196 Times in 158 Posts
    I actually thought about getting the 36" tines myself until I read on here that they're a little hard to see out in front of you.
    Bob

    2011 JD 2320, 200CX FEL, 62D MMM, Artillian Pallet Forks, 54" Front Mount Snowblower, Curtis Hard Side Cab, Ballast Box, HF Quick Hitch, 40 Gallon Fimco 3PTH Sprayer,

  4. Top | #3
    blue87fj60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:09 AM
    Location
    south jersey
    Posts
    2,690
    Thanks
    150
    Thanked 356 Times in 278 Posts
    Which set did you go with?
    I also see you have a 2 series. Could that be an issue with sight of 36" tines?
    Joe
    --------------
    1025R FILB, SB1148, BB2048, Ken's Hooks and Hitch, 36" Artillian forks, JD/Artillian 54" Plow and counting...
    HPX615E Gator

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4
    sterling40man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Online
    04-22-2018 @ 02:24 AM
    Location
    Northern Maine
    Posts
    1,541
    Thanks
    313
    Thanked 196 Times in 158 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blue87fj60 View Post
    Which set did you go with?
    I also see you have a 2 series. Could that be an issue with sight of 36" tines?
    I got the 3" x 42". I haven't used them yet. Maybe folks with the 1 series may be able to see better up front.
    Bob

    2011 JD 2320, 200CX FEL, 62D MMM, Artillian Pallet Forks, 54" Front Mount Snowblower, Curtis Hard Side Cab, Ballast Box, HF Quick Hitch, 40 Gallon Fimco 3PTH Sprayer,

  7. Top | #5
    GTT Vendor Artillian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    1,527
    Thanks
    515
    Thanked 584 Times in 251 Posts
    Hey guys,

    I don't think there is a whole lot of difference in visibility with the 36 vs 42. The 6" difference in length is reduced to about 2.5" from the view angle from the tractor seat. One person who is 6'2" might be able to see the tips of one length better than someone else who is 5'6" and vice versa.

    Besides, there's a trick to setting the tips for entering a pallet.

    1- Stop movement of the tractor.
    2- With the forks lifted up about a foot or more, dump/curl the tips of the forks downward slightly, about 10-20 degrees below level.
    3- Notch the loader into float so that the tips contact the ground.
    4- With the loader still in float, curl the loader until the fork tines settle flat onto the ground. Usually you'll hear them clank down or else you'll see the tops of the shanks shimmy a little bit because they won't have any load on them. Once that happens, immediately stop curling/return the joystick back to neutral.
    5- Nudge the joystick again slightly to curl the tips up an inch or two. A little practice will give you a good feel for this.
    6- Proceed into the pallet.

    Once you do this a few times, you'll be able to do it fairly automatically. Just be sure to always enter the pallet very slowly in case the tips need a little more adjustment.

    Remember, once the tips enter the pallet, you won't be able to see them anymore anyway. At that point you have to go by feel.

    FWIW, the 36" are a great all around sized tine, especially for the 1 series and even the 2 series machines. They will lift pallets just as well as the 42's.
    Tractor Attachments Maximized for Versatility
    www.ARTILLIAN.com
    Email: [email protected]

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Artillian For This Useful Post:

    blue87fj60 (01-26-2015), Green Man (01-27-2015)

  9. Top | #6
    jgayman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:30 PM
    Location
    Central Pennsylvania
    Posts
    9,778
    Thanks
    366
    Thanked 1,604 Times in 1,218 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Artillian View Post
    Hey guys,

    I don't think there is a whole lot of difference in visibility with the 36 vs 42. The 6" difference in length is reduced to about 2.5" from the view angle from the tractor seat. One person who is 6'2" might be able to see the tips of one length better than someone else who is 5'6" and vice versa.

    Besides, there's a trick to setting the tips for entering a pallet.

    1- Stop movement of the tractor.
    2- With the forks lifted up about a foot or more, dump/curl the tips of the forks downward slightly, about 10-20 degrees below level.
    3- Notch the loader into float so that the tips contact the ground.
    4- With the loader still in float, curl the loader until the fork tines settle flat onto the ground. Usually you'll hear them clank down or else you'll see the tops of the shanks shimmy a little bit because they won't have any load on them. Once that happens, immediately stop curling/return the joystick back to neutral.
    5- Nudge the joystick again slightly to curl the tips up an inch or two. A little practice will give you a good feel for this.
    6- Proceed into the pallet.

    Once you do this a few times, you'll be able to do it fairly automatically. Just be sure to always enter the pallet very slowly in case the tips need a little more adjustment.

    Remember, once the tips enter the pallet, you won't be able to see them anymore anyway. At that point you have to go by feel.

    FWIW, the 36" are a great all around sized tine, especially for the 1 series and even the 2 series machines. They will lift pallets just as well as the 42's.

    Great info!

    Very relevant when handling pallets on concrete or pavement. My problem is I typically don't have either of those anywhere around when I'm forking pallets. Working on grass and gravel requires a bit of a sixth sense when it comes to what the fork tips are doing.

    In either case, I can't imagine tractor life without my Artillian forks.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to jgayman For This Useful Post:

    Artillian (01-26-2015)

  11. Top | #7
    GTT Vendor Artillian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    1,527
    Thanks
    515
    Thanked 584 Times in 251 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    Great info!

    Very relevant when handling pallets on concrete or pavement. My problem is I typically don't have either of those anywhere around when I'm forking pallets. Working on grass and gravel requires a bit of a sixth sense when it comes to what the fork tips are doing.

    In either case, I can't imagine tractor life without my Artillian forks.
    Try curling a little faster to get the forks to make a little noise. However, if the pallet and tractor are out of plane, yes, all bets are off no matter how much you swear at it. At that point you just have to take it slow.
    Tractor Attachments Maximized for Versatility
    www.ARTILLIAN.com
    Email: [email protected]

  12. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •