Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Noah's Blower

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks

Noah's Blower

So, there was Noah's Ark for the big bad floods back a few years, but the termite couple they let on board did away with that. Today, the frantic newscasters here in the northeast US are making it sound like we need a visit from Noah's Blower.

Long story short, we'll be closed/unable to ship for the next day or two due to an unusually heavy dusting of snow passing through the area. We're dead snack in the middle of this map and expecting a couple of feet in a short period of time. Yay.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails special-560x389.jpg
    636mullet and Levi like this.
    Tractor Attachments Maximized for Versatility
    www.ARTILLIAN.com
    Email: [email protected]

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Artillian For This Useful Post:

farmgirl19(01-26-2015)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:35 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,604 Times in 1,218 Posts
    hang in there... stay safe!
    farmgirl19 and Levi like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jgayman For This Useful Post:

Artillian(01-26-2015), farmgirl19(01-26-2015)

6. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:18 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,061 Times in 2,226 Posts
    While I know this is not what a business man wants, use the time to enjoy your family and pushing some snow around at home.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4
    Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 11:07 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Artillian View Post

Long story short, we'll be closed/unable to ship for the next day or two due to an unusually heavy dusting of snow passing through the area. We're dead snack in the middle of this map and expecting a couple of feet in a short period of time. Yay.
    Yay is right! A perfect time for you to work on those new "snow removal enhancement devices" in the development pipe!!! Blower impeller flaps, Clear plastic 54" plow tops with indestructable LED lights right behind the plastic, ballast box mounted warming oven/microwave (There's really no place to properly cook a can of hash on a 1026 exhaust manifold!)...

Have a great time and enjoy the time "off", my new rubber edge can wait.
    farmgirl19, Levi and BigJim55 like this.
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

"...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

NRA Life Member

9. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:09 AM
    Thanks
    So, there was Noah's Ark for the big bad floods back a few years, but the termite couple they let on board did away with that. Today, the frantic newscasters here in the northeast US are making it sound like we need a visit from Noah's Blower.

Looks like it's time for a new Artillian snow removal video.
    Joe
    --------------
    1025R FILB, SB1148, BB2048, Ken's Hooks and Hitch, 36" Artillian forks, JD/Artillian 54" Plow and counting...
    HPX615E Gator

10. Top | #6
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blue87fj60 View Post
    Looks like it's time for a new Artillian snow removal video.
    Sounds like a good idea, but we'll see. It's pretty nasty with 40mph winds blowing sideways.

In these kids of storms, I prefer to stay on top of it in chunks. It's more grueling to be out there in the soup every few hours but it's much easier to move the snow in 8-10" layers than one big dose at the end. So, I got up and dragged my butt our there at 6am in the dark for the first pass today.

I'm SO glad to be using the plow instead of the blower these days. Using a blower in this blizzard would be absolutely pointless. As it was, at some points, I was plowing by "feel" because the snow blowing directly in my face made it impossible to see anything past the steering wheel, even with full floodlights ablaze.

I'm also so very glad to have the rubber extension wings on the plow because the light fluffy snow drifts were so deep I couldn't even see the blade up against walls and trees. With the flexible wings, I didn't worry about rubbing up against things, just let the wings tell me where I was. Smooth as silk!

So here's the latest map. Now the center of the storm is parked right on top of us. Zoinks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20150127_081149.jpg
    www.ARTILLIAN.com

11. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    In a storm like you are experiencing staying on top of it like you are is wise - although being out in the wind and drifting snow ain't no fun!

I'm in the other camp now being I don't have to go anywhere - I wait until it's done which is sometimes a few days with snow spitting off the lake. Doesn't matter as I could stay hunkered down here for weeks if need be.
    Superglidesport likes this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

12. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:09 AM
    Thanks
    Dang.
    Yeah it seems that it moved quickly and formed farther north offshore from us and is now hammering you folks.
    We have about 5" is all so far and dont think we might see more than another inch or so.
    Joe
    --------------
    1025R FILB, SB1148, BB2048, Ken's Hooks and Hitch, 36" Artillian forks, JD/Artillian 54" Plow and counting...
    HPX615E Gator

13. Top | #9
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    In a storm like you are experiencing staying on top of it like you are is wise - although being out in the wind and drifting snow ain't no fun!

I'm in the other camp now being I don't have to go anywhere - I wait until it's done which is sometimes a few days with snow spitting off the lake. Doesn't matter as I could stay hunkered down here for weeks if need be.
    Ok ok, you caught me. The other reason is so our dogs won't disappear into the abyss when they go out
    www.ARTILLIAN.com

14. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Ok ok, you caught me. The other reason is so our dogs won't disappear into the abyss when they go out
    Ha! Didn't think of that. Don't have that problem here - this is Bentley sitting in 2' of snow.......

Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMGP3386.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	39066
    Artillian likes this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com