Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Installing Artillian Grapple

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 09:26 AM
    Thanks

Installing Artillian Grapple

I installed a diverter kit and grapple on my 1025r this morning.

Every thing with my installation went fine, except I cannot get the front connection on the grapple cylinder to stop leaking. I'm quite concerned about over tightening it. The rear connection felt tight when it was facing forward (not facing rearward according to the instructions) so I left it there. The front connection is sitting at 7:00 (with frontwards being 12:00), feels tight, and leaks at the cylinder joint. Curious if anyone has any advice for this situation.

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 05:20 AM
    Thanks
    Is it leaking from where hose threads to cylinder or wear the hose is swaged onto the fitting? If it's leaking from the swage then you need get that replaced either through a new hose of have that fitting cut off and new one swaged on the hose. If it is leaking from where it screws into the cylinder, does it have any sort of an O-ring on the fitting? Check and see if that is pinched, if it is then replace it. Also check and make sure you didn't strip the threads. If they are good but can't get a good seal then consider replacing them. Your local Parker Store or possibly NAPA may have the fittings. Kenny D on this website I think also has them. I have tighten mine fairly tight but yes, you don't want to crank on it so hard you strip something out.
    3025e, D160 loader, Artillian Grapple, Forks, Hoe Bucket, Frontier Land Plane, Rotomec PDH300, Redline Systems 54 inch rock bucket, Heavy Hitch
    400 Garden Tractor, 35a Tiller, 54 inch plow, 60 inch deck

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:42 PM
    Thanks
    When I did mine I used some Teflon tape on non o ring fitting, worked fine, be careful not to get any loose tape in hydro system
    2009 JD 2305 w/ Femco folding ROPS,Power Beyond Kit, KBOH, 54"MMM, 47" Snowblower, 200CX Loader w/ BB, Powerhorse 12 ton Logsplitter and King Kutter tool carrier and 17P kart
    2009 Cub Cadet/Yanmar ex3200, Land Pride 60” land plane and 60” finish mower, worksaver posthole digger w/ 9” auger, “The thumb” add on grapple, third function valve and KBOH of course

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    02-02-2019 @ 09:06 AM
    Thanks
    The joint you're talking about is an o'ring connection. Loosen it, turn it into position, and tighten. It shouldn't need to be extremely tight, just enough to keep it from turning. If you want to be extra cautious, disassemble it and check the o'ring and it's mating race for any foreign matter or possible damage, unlikely. If something is damaged, Artillian should provide a replacement.

Congratulations on your grapple!

EDIT: Just reread original post, both fittings coming out of the cylinder should be facing to the REAR of the grapple. I believe this is in the instructions. They are just roughly installed at the factory.
    Last edited by C-Range; 08-11-2018 at 04:11 PM.
    Chris - 3720 TLB

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    thanks for the help.

On the grapple cylinder the parts that I was supposed to install didn't have the clearance required until i adjusted them a bit. This is difficult to explain without a picture, which i do not have of course. ;-)

i got the front one to stop leaking after making that adjustment - the rear one is still facing the wrong direction and i don't want to tighten it for fear of stripping the connection. Waiting for Artillian to answer my e-mail before proceeding......

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    02-02-2019 @ 09:06 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamk View Post
    thanks for the help.

On the grapple cylinder the parts that I was supposed to install didn't have the clearance required until i adjusted them a bit. This is difficult to explain without a picture, which i do not have of course. ;-)

i got the front one to stop leaking after making that adjustment - the rear one is still facing the wrong direction and i don't want to tighten it for fear of stripping the connection. Waiting for Artillian to answer my e-mail before proceeding......
    No, you don't keep tightening it. You loosen the locknut that is against the cylinder, turn the elbow fitting into place, then retighten the locknut. You're 99% of the way there.
    Kennyd likes this.
    Chris - 3720 TLB

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Range View Post
    No, you don't keep tightening it. You loosen the locknut that is against the cylinder, turn the elbow fitting into place, then retighten the locknut. You're 99% of the way there.
    I think i have different fittings than what you are describing. The angle is not adjustable, and the only way to get it to face rearward is to keep tightening, which i fear will strip threads.

Note - on the front connection the locknut was interfering with the cylinder - not allowing it to be tightened. That was my original problem. I think that if i had the fittings you are describing this wouldn't be an issue. See anything I am missing?

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20180816_080154_resized.jpg   20180816_080202_HDR_resized.jpg   20180816_080207_resized.jpg  
    Last edited by grahamk; 08-16-2018 at 10:06 AM.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:13 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,031 Times in 2,511 Posts

Installing Artillian Grapple

Those 90* fittings are backwards. The locknut side goes towards the cylinder. That is the “ORB” side, while the tapered “JIC” side goes towards the hose.
    Gebada22 and grahamk like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    Those 90* fittings are backwards. The locknut side goes towards the cylinder. That is the “ORB” side, while the tapered “JIC” side goes towards the hose.
    Aha! Thanks!!

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    Yeah, darn - this does appear to be a case of "inability to closely follow directions" on my part. I hate it when I do that. I just put those connectors in ass backwards.

Also - I should mention that I got a call from Peter at Artillian about it this morning.

Thanks for the help.
    Kennyd likes this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast