Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Artillian 54 Blade Extensions

1. Top | #11
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:42 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DRobinson View Post
    No I'd be happy with the 66 inch blade.
    My reason for asking was Not really to extend the Blade but for Protecting Objects which is does now for You. If You would still use them as a Bumper of sorts with a CTA blade/. Which is the only reason I have ever considered them
    Gizmo2, DRobinson and PJR832 like this.
    John Deere Models: 2025RTLB(Gen 2),X748,GX335,140H3,112SF,110RF,Sabre 1542,TX Gator
    Cub Cadet Models:0riginal,70,106,XT3GSX & Experimental Non Production Rear engine rider
    Ingersoll Model:3016PS
    Simplicity Models:Wonder Boy
    White Model: GT2055

MSGT 11 & 18 Series Retired

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #12
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:23 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    After having used the Artillian wings for the last 3 winters I'll never be without rubber wings again. I have a stone wall on one side of part of my driveway and those rubber wings allow me to get close up and personal with it. I don't even have to go back out after plowing and shovel to clean up.

Plus, I've lost track of my snow blade a few times while trying to maneuver around the drive way and whacked the garage twice. A metal edge leaves big gouges in the siding. The rubber edge just leaves black scuff mark that I can scrub off in the spring.
    I'm with JimR. I can go up against my walls and curbing with the Artillian wings with out fear of tearing the plow or objects up. Yes they flex and bend a little with wet heavy snow, but i'm fine with that.
    Joe
    --------------
    1025R FILB, SB1148, BB2048, Ken's Hooks and Hitch, 36" Artillian forks, JD/Artillian 54" Plow and counting...
    HPX615E Gator

4. Top | #13
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:59 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,155 Times in 1,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant View Post
    My reason for asking was Not really to extend the Blade but for Protecting Objects which is does now for You. If You would still use them as a Bumper of sorts with a CTA blade/. Which is the only reason I have ever considered them
    No I wouldn't put them on a 66 inch blade. My plowing is dirt driveway and I don't have curbs or other interference.
    ColonyPark, OxPath and PJR832 like this.
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #14
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:36 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,787 Times in 2,824 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJim55 View Post
    yeah i agree-as i made mine 72 inches wide, with adding steel extensions to it. too wide in my book now-as when angled the whole way i have to watch where i'm at, as the corner will gouge the dirt. so stick to the 66 inch wide -at least with jd's front quick hitch--if it was higher like it should be--then i wouldn't have a problem at all.
    Good point there BigJim. JD sort of missed the boat on this one.
    ColonyPark likes this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2