Artillian 54,60 Plow / Blade Quick Hitch Adapter Installation & Demo - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Artillian 54,60 Plow / Blade Quick Hitch Adapter Installation & Demo

1. Top | #11
    Last Online
    07-13-2019 @ 04:32 AM
    Thanks
    I received my adapter from UPS yesterday. Funny thing being that I had to drop the loader to mount the plow to plow the driveway so the UPS guy could deliver it.
    2018 1025R FEL, filled tires, Imatch hitch, 54" snow blower, 60" front blade.

Frontier RB 5060 Blade
    Frontier BB 5060 Box Blade
    4' King Kutter Bush Hog
    5' King Kutter landscape rake
    Offset Heavy Hitch
    Ken's Bolt on hooks, Ken's diff lock pedal
    Ken's seat springs
    Artillian Grapple
    Artillian Plow/Blade quick hitch adapter

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #12

Last Online
    07-15-2019 @ 03:27 PM
    Thanks
    I installed this and took it back off the same day - it makes my "float" too heavy and digs up gravel on my driveway when trying to plow.

If anyone would be interested in this unit I will sell it for $150 - I paid $260 for it - need to pick it up near Denver. no shipping. Please PM me if interested.

It is this product for the 1025R. Used for about 90 minutes. :-)

http://www.artillian.com/images/22-DFHA_800C.jpg
    Tractor Tim likes this.

4. Top | #13

Last Online
    06-15-2019 @ 06:57 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamk View Post
    I installed this and took it back off the same day - it makes my "float" too heavy and digs up gravel on my driveway when trying to plow.

If anyone would be interested in this unit I will sell it for $150 - I paid $260 for it - need to pick it up near Denver. no shipping. Please PM me if interested.

That's a generous offer but maybe you should experiment with it a bit before selling it. I'd jump on this if I were closer. Try adjusting the curl/dump so the cutting edge is a bit more vertical or even a bit past vertical in more of a scraping mode than cutting. That should keep the cutting edge from digging in as badly which should lighten up the "float" a bit. Are you using a steel edge or a rubber squeegee edge? The rubber edge should also help on the gravel.
    jdforever likes this.
    2005 - JD 4110, 54" front blade, 47" snow blower
    2004 - JD X595, 54" front blade
    2000 - JD 4100, 410 FEL

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #14
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:29 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamk View Post

You should not be using you loader mounted plow in float mode anyways. Any front mounted implement is going to dig into a gravel driveway when using float mode. There are numerous threads regard plowing gravel driveways, why you should "not use float mode" when plowing, and proper ballast. I would highly recommend further research if you haven't already sold your Artillian attachment. I have that set up and love it. Seat time with this setup will prove very beneficial and you will probably change you mind.

What is "Rear Ballast"? And why do you need it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20190125_172112.jpg
    Greg

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!

2018 JD 1025R FEL /Mauser cab / 53" Bucket/Heavy hitch tooth bar / I-Match / Kenny's extended hook / JD ballast box / Loader mounted JD 54" snow plow/9" wings / Artillian 36" pallet fork set / Woods RTR48.30 tiller & LRS60 landscape rake / Howes 48" box blade /Heavy Hitch receiver/weight bracket / Heavy Hitch ripper/middle plow/subsoiler / Dual Alpena Hex Fire rear led lights / Bora 2" spacers / Land Pride CA1548 core aerator

7. Top | #15

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jdforever View Post
    Any front mounted implement is going to dig into a gravel driveway when using float mode.
    Works great for me with the factory mount in float mode. Everyone's mileage varies I guess. :-)

8. Top | #16

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eastcreek View Post
    That's a generous offer but maybe you should experiment with it a bit before selling it. I'd jump on this if I were closer. Try adjusting the curl/dump so the cutting edge is a bit more vertical or even a bit past vertical in more of a scraping mode than cutting. That should keep the cutting edge from digging in as badly which should lighten up the "float" a bit. Are you using a steel edge or a rubber squeegee edge? The rubber edge should also help on the gravel.
    I have the artillian "non metallic" edge and wings, which are great. I doubt that this item will sell, so i may play with it some more - but not this year. I have the plow working just fine with the factory mount and I really just don't have the time to mess with it. :-)

Too bad you aren't closer 'cause we'd both be happy with the sale. :-)
    eastcreek likes this.

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2