• 3 Post By Bill Berger

Thread: SALE on Rubbers with Holes in them

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks

SALE on Rubbers with Holes in them

Hey All,

With at least 3 feet of snow on the ground, we've taken to meditating in pretzel yoga positions for the end of winter to come. Karma has dictated that for our enlightenment to be realized, we need to put the all of the Cutting Edges and the Extension Wings on sale.

54 Plow Products
    Tractor Attachments Maximized for Versatility
    www.ARTILLIAN.com
    Email: [email protected]

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Artillian For This Useful Post:

Gizmo2 (02-25-2015), Jeff R. (02-24-2015), sterling40man (02-25-2015)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:34 PM
    Thanks
    I have to admit you have a way with titles
    mjncad, Gizmo2, flyweight and 1 others like this.
    2014 John Deere 5100E H240 FEL 6' Rakemaster Root Grapple, 2016 Woods PSS72 food plot seeder, 2013 John Deere XUV 550 S4 2015 Orsi 12' boom mower with flail head, 2016 John Deere 4105 with front end loader, 2016 John Deere MX6, 2018 Everything Attachments 55" Wicked Grapple. 2018 Everything Attachments Severe Extreme Duty 6' Landscape Rake, 2018 John Deere 1025R TLB with 54D quick connect deck [SIZE=2][COLOR="#008000"]

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    09-05-2019 @ 06:50 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CNGreen View Post
    I have to admit you have a way with titles
    I know, right? Had me thinking someone had found Hillarys' dads' "stash".
    mjncad, flyweight and CNGreen like this.
    The I.R.S. must love poor folks, they create more and more every day.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 07:49 PM
    Thanks
    Chris - do the cutting edges come in lengths other than 54"? How wide are they?

I have a Frontier RB2184 rear blade that I've been thinking about putting on a cutting edge like one of yours. I don't mind piecing 2 of them together if necessary. The blade weighs somewhere around 450 pounds and is 7' wide.

Assuming that I could use your edges, which one would you recommend for me? I have a concrete apron that I like to keep clear. It measures about 30x60. I also have a gravel driveway that's about 400' long.

THANKS!!

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mark02tj View Post
    Chris - do the cutting edges come in lengths other than 54"? How wide are they?

I have a Frontier RB2184 rear blade that I've been thinking about putting on a cutting edge like one of yours. I don't mind piecing 2 of them together if necessary. The blade weighs somewhere around 450 pounds and is 7' wide.

Assuming that I could use your edges, which one would you recommend for me? I have a concrete apron that I like to keep clear. It measures about 30x60. I also have a gravel driveway that's about 400' long.

THANKS!!
    At 450lbs, you'll want something thicker to bear the weight. I can help with that but to do it right would take a bit of help from you. I'd probably recommend rubber. It's great stuff. Takes a beating very well.
    www.ARTILLIAN.com

9. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Artillian View Post
    I can help with that but to do it right would take a bit of help from you.
    ALWAYS happy to help! What do you need from me?

I have a buddy that's used "stall mat" from TSC on his blade, but his situation is a little different from mine. He has no concrete at his place and his blade is a light duty 5' blade from TSC. I'm a little afraid that my concrete will eat that stall mat rubber like it's nothing.

Generally I just use my single stage snow blower on the concrete apron and usually don't worry about the gravel drive as SWMBO and I both have 4WD. If the snow is deep enough/wet enough, I will get out my 3520 with a piece of ABS on the cutting edge of the FEL. It does a nice job although I generally have to replace the ABS every second snow fall. I've only had to get it out once this year.

I tried the ABS on the rear blade last year, but it did a less than impressive job on the concrete and still dug into the gravel part of the driveway. It could be that the blade is just too heavy for my snow removal. Maybe I should just pick up a light duty blade for that purpose.

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:57 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,061 Times in 2,226 Posts
    I have a buddy that's used "stall mat" from TSC on his blade, but his situation is a little different from mine. He has no concrete at his place and his blade is a light duty 5' blade from TSC. I'm a little afraid that my concrete will eat that stall mat rubber like it's nothing.
    I would venture a guess that Artillian's rubber cutting edge is way more stout than the stall mats. He even has 2 models one of which is a heavier duty for gravel drives.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

11. The Following User Says Thank You to coaltrain For This Useful Post:

Artillian (02-26-2015)

12. Top | #8
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    ALWAYS happy to help! What do you need from me?

Generally I just use my single stage snow blower on the concrete apron and usually don't worry about the gravel drive as SWMBO and I both have 4WD. If the snow is deep enough/wet enough, I will get out my 3520 with a piece of ABS on the cutting edge of the FEL. It does a nice job although I generally have to replace the ABS every second snow fall. I've only had to get it out once this year.

I tried the ABS on the rear blade last year, but it did a less than impressive job on the concrete and still dug into the gravel part of the driveway. It could be that the blade is just too heavy for my snow removal. Maybe I should just pick up a light duty blade for that purpose.
    For starters, we'd need to know about your existing setup. Photos, dimensions, etc. Then I'll have to do some calculations on a few things and determine the best material from what's available.

You didn't think it was going to be simple, did you?

Just kidding, it's not that bad, but it would be best to do it by email and/or phone.
    www.ARTILLIAN.com

13. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Artillian View Post
    it would be best to do it by email and/or phone.
    Gotcha!! I'll send an email sometime in the next week or so. Not in too much of a hurry now since snow season is (HOPEFULLY! ) just about over. Plus it's too cold today to go outside with a tape measure and my camera.

THANKS!!!

14. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Thanks
    Reverse your rear blade so the cutting edge follows the moldboard instead of leading it. Then lower the blade all the way down, and then raise about an inch or so. You may drag so loose gravel this way; but you won't cut into it.
    I have more ideas than ambition.

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements