Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: New Artillian 60" Plow

1. Top | #21

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:00 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    Thanks Stan. I guess that means it DOESN'T come with the valve? It still seems very confusing for the potential buyer as to what exactly they must purchase extra. Especially since the valve isn't mentioned or pictured anywhere in the options.

Also notice how it mentions "blade markers" as if they are included yet they are clearly listed as a $54 option.
    There is a need to be careful at what we're looking at here.

The image Stan posted is for the "Front End Loader Blade". But the "Front End Loader Blade" and the "Artillian 60 inch Plow" are two entirely different products. Those $54 blade markers are an option for the Atrillian 60 inch plow but appear to be standard equipment on the front end loader blade.
    Last edited by JimR; 03-07-2019 at 07:48 AM.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #22
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:37 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Artillian View Post
    Coaltrain, the plow hydraulics are for angling left and right.
    Thanks
    Seems everywhere hydraulics are mentions it's "Lift & Angle"

FELBS & Spreaders
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ArtBlade.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	675284

Last edited by DanW; 03-07-2019 at 08:10 AM.
    Efficiency is just intelligent laziness.

Sold - 1991 John Deere LX186 w/48" deck, 42" front plow, 1993 John Deere TRX26 snowblower
    Now own - 2018 John Deere 1023E w/120R loader & 53" bucket, 60D MMM w/auto PTO coupler & hydraulic lift, Deere 3rd Mid SCV, iMatch 3ph, ballast box, ROPS Warning Light Brush Guard, Deck Dolly, Edge Tamers, All States Ag Parts Mirrors, Ken's Hooks, Heavy Hitch Toothbar, Frontier AV20F Grapple, HLA HD0942 pallet forks

4. Top | #23
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,483 Times in 1,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    There is a need to be careful at what we're looking at here.

The image Stan posted is for the "Front End Loader Blade". But the "Front End Loader Blade" and the "Artillian 60 inch Plow" are two entirely different products. Those $54 blade markers are an option for the Atrillian 60 inch plow but appear to be standard equipment on the front end loader blade.
    And now you can probably see why we're saying that the site product presentation is very confusing for anyone looking to purchase this plow.

They have the Artillian fork frame plow mixed in with the other Curtis plows. Looking again, the blurb that Coaltrain posted about the plumbing for the relief valve seems to be in the section where they describe the Front End Loader Blades.

Which brings me full circle to... what exactly do you get for $1499 with the Artillian fork frame plow, what are ALL the options, AND how do you visually determine if a previously purchased Artillian fork frame is compatible?
    mark02tj and DanW like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #24

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:00 PM
    Thanks
    And now you can probably see why we're saying that the site product presentation is very confusing for anyone looking to purchase this plow.

They have the Artillian fork frame plow mixed in with the other Curtis plows. Looking again, the blurb that Coaltrain posted about the plumbing for the relief valve seems to be in the section where they describe the Front End Loader Blades.

Which brings me full circle to... what exactly do you get for $1499 with the Artillian fork frame plow, what are ALL the options, AND how do you visually determine if a previously purchased Artillian fork frame is compatible?
    Oh, I agree with ya! Seems that they were more interested in getting these on the web site than anything else.

I think in the short term there is going to be a learning curve for Curtis. They've been selling through dealers for.. well, decades and they are used to that model. Show up at some trade show, walk the dealer reps through the product, ship one to the dealership for them to look at, etc...

Direct retail sales is a different ball game and I don't think they've nailed that down yet. We aren't all going to those trade shows. There is no showroom for you or I to go and look at these things. I think they need to hire a marketing person that's got some experience with sales to the direct end-user. Those of us that are end-users end up with a bunch of questions that could be easily addressed but someone needs to put in the time to figure out what those questions are and have the answers listed with the product BEFORE they start advertising the product on the web site. None of us have Dealer Logins to the main Curtis site to dig through their technical documents for answers.
    jgayman, coaltrain and DanW like this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

7. Top | #25
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    I have a question regarding pallet fork frame versions. If I recall the Artillian grapple will only fit fork frames made after a certain date. I also see on the new 60" plow brochure a mention about "Fits 2015~ pallet fork frame attachments".

For those of us who have previously purchased an Artillian pallet fork/frame set, how can we determine what is and isn't compatible? Is there a way to visually identify compatible fork frames as I suspect most folks don't remember the month/year they bought their frame. I don't see anything on the website that explains it.

Thanks!
    jgayman - thank you for your question. The older frames that do not fit have only 3 slots on each side of the center. Also the new frames have chain hooks on the side of the frame. I hope this answers your question. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to call 508-459-4394.

Thank You

The Artillian Sales Team
    jgayman likes this.
    Tractor Attachments Maximized for Versatility
    www.ARTILLIAN.com
    Email: [email protected]

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Artillian For This Useful Post:

jgayman (03-08-2019)

9. Top | #26
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,483 Times in 1,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Artillian View Post
    jgayman - thank you for your question. The older frames that do not fit have only 3 slots on each side of the center. Also the new frames have chain hooks on the side of the frame. I hope this answers your question. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to call 508-459-4394.

Thank You

The Artillian Sales Team
    Thank you very much for the information. That is a very easy way to visually confirm.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

10. Top | #27
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    If you look closely at his video you can see he has a diverter installed on the inside of his loader arms on the right-hand side. And the pic of the Artiallian 60" plow on their web site shows a "box" on the top of the plow right behind the moldboard with all the hydro lines feeding into it. So that isn't an option he installed. It comes with the plow. The only reason for it being there that I can think of would be that it is a cross-over relief valve.
    JimR - thanks for your comment. Yes it is a crossover relief valve that's included with the plow kit.

Thanks again for the feedback.

The Artillian Sales Team.
    www.ARTILLIAN.com

11. Top | #28
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Thank you very much for the information. That is a very easy way to visually confirm.
    Jgayman - to answer your Question about what comes with the plow: It includes. Steel Moldboard Assembly, A-Frame Assembly, Mounting Frame, Plow Trip Frame,
    2 Hydraulic Cylinders, Hydraulic Hose Assembly, A-Frame Pinch Guard and Cross-Over Relief Valve Block

Thanks again

Artillian Sales Team
    jgayman and DanW like this.
    www.ARTILLIAN.com

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Artillian For This Useful Post:

jgayman (03-08-2019)

13. Top | #29
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DanW View Post
    Here too
    Attachment 675180

I'm guessing this doesn't come with the frame? Can it be used on either the 3000 lb or 2300 lb frames?

DanW: We appreciate your interest in the Artillian plow. The plow does not include a frame but does include a mount for the Artillian frame. We have updated our website based on feedback from GTT members. It tells you everything that comes with the plow kit.

The plow can be used with either the 3000 lbs. or 2300 lbs. frame.

Thank you

Your Artillian Sales Team
    508-459-4388 Tom
    508-459-4394 Peter
    www.artillian.com
    jgayman, mark02tj and DanW like this.
    www.ARTILLIAN.com

14. Top | #30
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mark02tj View Post
    Stan and Dan... The Eagle Eyes of GTT!

I like this blade. I saw it on their site a couple of weeks ago. I like the chain that lets the blade follow the contour of the surface being cleared. If I'm thinking correctly, this might take away the issue of having to adjust your FEL tilt angle to be proper for plowing. Also, if adjusting the blade angle, you won't have to worry about one side of the blade hitting the pavement before the other because the blade should eventually level out as you're lowering the FEL frame. I think that the chain suspending the blade is actually superior to the Frontier blade sold by JD.

ARTILLIAN - here's a suggestion for you.... Offer an option for the plow to mount directly on the JDQA instead of having to use the fork frame. I know that's counter-intuitive to your system, but... I'm guessing that the blade mounting frame is mounted on the fork frame in the same basic manner as the Front Hoe or the Grapple sections. In other words, you have to position it such that the "bottom lip" goes under the bottom of the fork frame and then you have to "lift and slide" the implement so that the bottom and top are both locked to the fork frame, and then you use the "retaining keys". In my mind, that's kind of a PITA and that blade is heavier than any of your other implements.

I have a blade that I purchased from another member on her. Part of the reason that I bought it was that he had made a mount for the blade to use it on an Artillian frame. To mount it, I have to lift my FEL way up and then basically get under the FEL to bolt on the "bottom lip" to secure it to the frame. All in all, it only takes about 5 minutes to do, but I'm lazy!! And I don't like getting under the lifted FEL! Over the Summer I'm planning on buying a set of your JDQA brackets and having someone weld up some steel and the brackets so it's a true JDQA implement and I don't have to mess with the Artillian frame. That lets me keep my forks on my frame and I can quickly (2 minutes) switch between my blade and my forks instead of having to unmount my blade and remount my forks.

You could change my mind about this if you post a video showing how you mount the blade to the fork frame. I think that a video of that blade actually in use clearing snow would be great for you guys as well.
    Mark02tj: Thanks for your feedback. We have made arrangements with our engineering department to create a plow video showing how it mounts to the fork frame.

508-459-4388 Tom
    508-459-4394 Peter
    www.artillian.com
    mark02tj, Tractor Tim and DanW like this.
    www.ARTILLIAN.com

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Artillian For This Useful Post:

mark02tj (03-11-2019), Tractor Tim (03-15-2019)

16. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast