Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: New Artillian 60" Plow

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    07-11-2019 @ 09:52 PM
    Thanks

New Artillian 60" Plow

Wondering if anyone has the new Artillian 60" plow? I am still in the market for either a 2025R or 2032R and have been enjoying all the discussions on snow removal. Artillian used to adapt their frame with a JD 54" blade. But now I see they came out with their own. Curious about pro's or con's, even if you don't own one, some of your thoughts? Here is a link to the product. Thanks. (Sorry, I tried to upload a screenshot of the webpage but it just came out to be a bunch of letters from my MacBook Pro. Heres the website.)
    FELBS & Spreaders
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Artillian 60%22.png  
    jdmich, blue87fj60, PJR832 and 1 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks

New Artillian 60" Hydraulic Angling Plow

Milo1906 you beat us to the punch! We just introduced a 60 inch hydraulic angling plow that mounts directly to the Artillian pallet fork frame. Great for plowing snow, light grading or general landscaping. As you can see on our web site there are also several attachments for it including extension wings and snow deflector. If you have any specific questions please give us a call: 508-459-4394. We’d love to answer any questions. Thank you for noticing.

Sincerely

Artillian Sales Team
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Gizmo2, OxPath, Vinny and 1 others like this.
    Tractor Attachments Maximized for Versatility
    www.ARTILLIAN.com
    Email: [email protected]

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,483 Times in 1,126 Posts
    I have a question regarding pallet fork frame versions. If I recall the Artillian grapple will only fit fork frames made after a certain date. I also see on the new 60" plow brochure a mention about "Fits 2015~ pallet fork frame attachments".

For those of us who have previously purchased an Artillian pallet fork/frame set, how can we determine what is and isn't compatible? Is there a way to visually identify compatible fork frames as I suspect most folks don't remember the month/year they bought their frame. I don't see anything on the website that explains it.

Thanks!
    Kennyd, OxPath and coaltrain like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:54 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,989 Times in 2,162 Posts
    I have a question also - what is the purpose of the hydraulic lift if the plow is attached to our loaders?
    ejb69 likes this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Coaltrain, the plow hydraulics are for angling left and right.
    Thanks
    www.ARTILLIAN.com

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:54 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,989 Times in 2,162 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Artillian View Post
    Coaltrain, the plow hydraulics are for angling left and right.
    Thanks
    The reason I asked is your literature says “hydraulic lift and angle”.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DE02A841-BE5C-4C0E-972D-163E0967D0B4.jpeg 
Views:	5 
Size:	208.8 KB 
ID:	675162
    OxPath, mark02tj and blue87fj60 like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Thank you, I didn't realize our info sheet said that. I'll have our literature updated to clarify this.
    ejb69, OxPath, mark02tj and 3 others like this.
    www.ARTILLIAN.com

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:37 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Artillian View Post
    Thank you, I didn't realize our info sheet said that. I'll have our literature updated to clarify this.
    Here too
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	artplow.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	675180

I'm guessing this doesn't come with the frame? Can it be used on either the 3000 lb or 2300 lb frames?
    Last edited by DanW; 03-06-2019 at 10:37 PM.
    OxPath and mark02tj like this.
    Efficiency is just intelligent laziness.

Sold - 1991 John Deere LX186 w/48" deck, 42" front plow, 1993 John Deere TRX26 snowblower
    Now own - 2018 John Deere 1023E w/120R loader & 53" bucket, 60D MMM w/auto PTO coupler & hydraulic lift, Deere 3rd Mid SCV, iMatch 3ph, ballast box, ROPS Warning Light Brush Guard, Deck Dolly, Edge Tamers, All States Ag Parts Mirrors, Ken's Hooks, Heavy Hitch Toothbar, Frontier AV20F Grapple, HLA HD0942 pallet forks

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:09 PM
    Thanks
    Stan and Dan... The Eagle Eyes of GTT!

I like this blade. I saw it on their site a couple of weeks ago. I like the chain that lets the blade follow the contour of the surface being cleared. If I'm thinking correctly, this might take away the issue of having to adjust your FEL tilt angle to be proper for plowing. Also, if adjusting the blade angle, you won't have to worry about one side of the blade hitting the pavement before the other because the blade should eventually level out as you're lowering the FEL frame. I think that the chain suspending the blade is actually superior to the Frontier blade sold by JD.

ARTILLIAN - here's a suggestion for you.... Offer an option for the plow to mount directly on the JDQA instead of having to use the fork frame. I know that's counter-intuitive to your system, but... I'm guessing that the blade mounting frame is mounted on the fork frame in the same basic manner as the Front Hoe or the Grapple sections. In other words, you have to position it such that the "bottom lip" goes under the bottom of the fork frame and then you have to "lift and slide" the implement so that the bottom and top are both locked to the fork frame, and then you use the "retaining keys". In my mind, that's kind of a PITA and that blade is heavier than any of your other implements.

I have a blade that I purchased from another member on her. Part of the reason that I bought it was that he had made a mount for the blade to use it on an Artillian frame. To mount it, I have to lift my FEL way up and then basically get under the FEL to bolt on the "bottom lip" to secure it to the frame. All in all, it only takes about 5 minutes to do, but I'm lazy!! And I don't like getting under the lifted FEL! Over the Summer I'm planning on buying a set of your JDQA brackets and having someone weld up some steel and the brackets so it's a true JDQA implement and I don't have to mess with the Artillian frame. That lets me keep my forks on my frame and I can quickly (2 minutes) switch between my blade and my forks instead of having to unmount my blade and remount my forks.

You could change my mind about this if you post a video showing how you mount the blade to the fork frame. I think that a video of that blade actually in use clearing snow would be great for you guys as well.
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,483 Times in 1,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mark02tj View Post
    ARTILLIAN - here's a suggestion for you.... Offer an option for the plow to mount directly on the JDQA instead of having to use the fork frame. I know that's counter-intuitive to your system, but... I'm guessing that the blade mounting frame is mounted on the fork frame in the same basic manner as the Front Hoe or the Grapple sections.
    If I'm reading the website correctly they already offer that (see below). Perhaps it's just me but I find the whole website presentation of the blade offerings very confusing. I still can't figure out what the differences are in the various fork frames and how you determine if your fork frame can accommodate the plow. I mean, the whole point of a modular system is to be able to utilize components that you already own.

Like I said, I love Artillian products but I find the product details and presentations on the website very confusing.

Jon Ritter has a YouTube video demonstrating the new plow but there are a lot of details left out like... what comes with the plow for $1499? His setup shows some kind of relief valve setup but no explanation if that comes standard with the plow. I don't even see it pictured or mentioned on the Artillian website. Additional details would sure be appreciated.

Even with the above information about plows configured for the JDQA system it is very confusing on how they differ from the one shown at the top of the page. All they show is one tiny photo of a cab tractor with a blade.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails artillian_plow.jpg  
    Last edited by jgayman; 03-06-2019 at 05:18 PM.
    DanW likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast