Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Just finished installing diverter, 54" plow setup

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-11-2019 @ 09:26 AM
    Thanks

Just finished installing diverter, 54" plow setup

Just finished this last Saturday. Very smooth install just as everyone else has stated here. Excellent system and looking forward to using it this winter. Posting up some pictures of the finished product. Let me know if you see anything I missed or could use some adjusting.
    Thanks,
    JD

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150921_161507.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	107.7 KB 
ID:	58769

Name:	20150921_161518.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	113.9 KB 
ID:	58777

Name:	20150921_161530.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	112.4 KB 
ID:	58785

Name:	20150921_161551.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	106.2 KB 
ID:	58793

Name:	20150921_161603.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	115.5 KB 
ID:	58801

Name:	20150921_161633.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	58809

In the above picture you can see the new "experimental" locking keys in place of the pins for securing the blade mounting bracket. Very slick and work nice.

Name:	20150921_161647.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	58817

Just need some snow to put it to the test. I think I am going to like it. The forks have already come in handy moving brush, pallets. Million and one other uses that come to mind...

Thanks Chris for the great product/s. My Dad had no idea it was not an OEM JD setup.

JD
    Kennyd, Gizmo2, Artillian and 10 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 08:21 PM
    Thanks
    The plow on the loader is a really nice setup. Love mine.

I opted to skip the diverter for now but I'd be interested in hearing your experience with it for the plow once you get a chance to put it into action. (Hopefully, that's still a few months off... )
    Artillian likes this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jdskycaster View Post
    My Dad had no idea it was not an OEM JD setup.

JD
    Thanks for making my day!

Your install of the plow parts looks perfect. The lower hoses of your diverter look like they are taking a different path than the originals. It's ok as long as nothing is getting kinked or pinched but it's best to get them running along the same path as the other loader hoses. Maybe I'm mistaken by the way the photo looks.
    Gizmo2 likes this.
    Tractor Attachments Maximized for Versatility
    www.ARTILLIAN.com
    Email: [email protected]

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    12-27-2017 @ 09:37 AM
    Thanks
    Nice work
    JD 5013
    JD 5104 loader
    5ft King Kutter bushhog
    Piranha Tooth Blade
    Husqvarna MZ61
    Ken's Bolt on Hooks

JD 425z

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    08-15-2019 @ 05:25 AM
    Thanks
    Nicely done!

I am installing the same set-up for snow plowing in upstate New York. I also went a bit crazy and ordered a Tektite deluxe cab to help my creaking joints.

What is your plan for rear weight? Will you be installing chains?
    1025r
    H120 Loader w/Ken's hooks, Pirhana Bar, Ratchet Rake, Bucket Tamer Shoes, front quick hitch
    260 Backhoe w/Ken's hook, BXpanded Thumb, Bro-Tec Ripper Tooth
    Artillian Diverter kit. Grapple w/Fangs, loader arm mounted 54 snow blade w/ wings, 24" forks
    54" Rock Bucket
    Ballast box
    I-Match
    Box Blade
    Back Blade
    3pt CarryAll
    Boom Pole
    Artillian Front Hoe
    RimGuard in all 4
    2" Wheel Spacers
    Heavy Hitch
    Block Heater
    HLA 60" Snow Pusher w/Backdrag Blade
    Tektite hard side heated cab

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Artillian View Post
    Thanks for making my day!

Your install of the plow parts looks perfect. The lower hoses of your diverter look like they are taking a different path than the originals. It's ok as long as nothing is getting kinked or pinched but it's best to get them running along the same path as the other loader hoses. Maybe I'm mistaken by the way the photo looks.
    Appreciate the feedback. This engineering and manufacture of this system is top notch. You are correct, I have the diverter supply lines routed slightly differently from factory. Will take a look and change that up. Thanks.
    JD

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fishbait View Post
    Nicely done!

I am installing the same set-up for snow plowing in upstate New York. I also went a bit crazy and ordered a Tektite deluxe cab to help my creaking joints.

What is your plan for rear weight? Will you be installing chains?
    Would love to have a cab but not in the budget for this season. Hoping that now I am going back to a plow rather than a blower I can get away without snow protection. The blower required a cab (I had a Bercomac soft cab on my X475) as snow would always hit me in the face. I have a circular section of drive in front so it did not matter which direction the wind was coming out of at some point I would always get a face full.

Funny you should mention the weight. In another thread I posted up that I was going to try using my 260 back hoe as ballast and most of the responses say its too much weight at 600lbs and you also cannot add or subtract easily. Chris stated that somewhere around 4-500lbs on the rear and 1-200 lbs on the front is about right. At first I was going to pick up a ballast box to make adding (and adjusting rear weight) simple. I may still go that route but I really don't want to add something else I have to store - even if its in the yard.

I may give the 260 a shot and see how it goes. The issue I have is how to best add weight to front. Anyone have ideas on how to best accomplish this? If I have to I would simply add more than 200lbs in order to offset the weight of the hoe. My driveway is not that huge and expect to be able to clear it in less than 30 minutes total time from start to finish. I could accomplish this with my X475 and blower in about 20min. I also want to avoid chains. That was my least favorite part of putting the blower on my x series.

JD
    Artillian likes this.

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    Funny you should mention the weight. In another thread I posted up that I was going to try using my 260 back hoe as ballast and most of the responses say its too much weight at 600lbs and you also cannot add or subtract easily. Chris stated that somewhere around 4-500lbs on the rear and 1-200 lbs on the front is about right. At first I was going to pick up a ballast box to make adding (and adjusting rear weight) simple. I may still go that route but I really don't want to add something else I have to store - even if its in the yard.
    I think the important thing to take away from what Chris was talking about is that when you are plowing, you aren't adding weight for the purposes of ballast per se. You aren't really lifting much, if any, weight with your loader when plowing. Most of the work is pushing as opposed to lifting. You aren't loading weight on the front axle the same way when pushing as you do when lifting. He was suggesting adding weight for the purpose of gaining traction. Much like people that throw sand bags into the bed of their pickup for the winter.

I don't add that much weight to the back end of mine. My are tires are loaded and I hang my 5' back blade on the iMatch. The iMatch itself weighs about 50 lbs and the back blade adds another 200 lbs. On the plus side, I have a garage door opener remote on the tractor key chain so I can open the garage doors, back right into the garage and drag snow away from the doors using the back blade. I don't even need a shovel at all.

I could probably do with just a little more weight on the back end but I haven't had any real issues with it as it is.

The issue I have is how to best add weight to front. Anyone have ideas on how to best accomplish this? If I have to I would simply add more than 200lbs in order to offset the weight of the hoe.
    I've been toying with an idea on this but haven't gotten around to fabricating anything yet. When I got my plow originally I used it with the standard QuickAttach hitch (sans loader). Since I moved to the plow on to the loader I no longer need the original QuickAttach mounting bracket.

So my thinking is to remove that mounting bracket and fabricate a bracket to put in it's place so that I can hang three 42lb suitcase weights in the same spot. They'd be out of the way of the loader and centered on the machine. They'd hang down just a bit below the front axle height but I can live with that. The only thing is I'd have to remove them any time I want to take the loader off because they'd be in the way of the loader parking stand. I think I can live with that since I rarely take my loader off in the winter anyway.
    Artillian, rtgt and jdskycaster like this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JimR For This Useful Post:

jdskycaster (09-28-2015)

12. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    How about attaching weights directly to the fork adapter? Agree that having them on the frame would be better than adding unnecessary weight to the loader arms but it appears there is no readily available system for doing so. I am sure Chris could engineer something that would work really slick for this. He should probably reschedule the wedding for sometime after this task is completed. ;)

JD
    Artillian likes this.

13. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    How about attaching weights directly to the fork adapter? Agree that having them on the frame would be better than adding unnecessary weight to the loader arms but it appears there is no readily available system for doing so. I am sure Chris could engineer something that would work really slick for this. He should probably reschedule the wedding for sometime after this task is completed. ;)
    I don't think that would have the desired effect.

If you hang weights on the fork frame or adapter (or anywhere on the loader for that matter...), all of that weight is going to end up resting on your plow as your plow is dragging along your driveway. You don't really want the weight there. You want the weight loaded onto your front wheels to give you traction. It may even create the reverse problem - you'd be pushing more weight without any added traction. I think the end result would just be that your plow edge would wear faster.
    Artillian, rtgt and Levi like this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to JimR For This Useful Post:

jdskycaster (09-28-2015)

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast