Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: another use

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    05-22-2019 @ 01:09 AM
    Thanks

another use

I do not have pics but may do this again
    A friend came over and needed to rebuild a Car rear end ( differential) I had in my shed. Out comes the tractor ( Artillian is its main and mostly permanent implement) Pick up the rear, he puts some wood across the front yoke area. strap it back against the frame on both sides using the lower chain hooks, and set it to his working height, and he is so impressed, and its all at eye or hand level, rugged enough for air tools. Huge time saver... also, once cover was pulled he tilted the forks and drained right into pan, then back level for work, how easy is that?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FormulaB For This Useful Post:

Artillian (08-18-2012)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    rgd
    Last Online
    02-18-2019 @ 10:52 AM
    Thanks

chain hooks and FEL with forks are the handiest things ever! Makes a great impromptu work bench too, just slide a pallet on.
    JD 2520 TLB
    JD gt 275

Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rgd View Post

chain hooks and FEL with forks are the handiest things ever! Makes a great impromptu work bench too, just slide a pallet on.
    have done that but now thinking on screwing a plywood sheet on a pallet for that and "keeping" that pallet dry.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:58 PM
    Thanks
    I built a platform for my forks (hopefully the picture uploaded). I usually have a Honda EU 2000i generator tied on the platform. I converted from gas powered tools to electric many moons ago when I lived in town, and with this setup I can work almost anywhere with a hedge trimmer, chain saw, jawsaw, etc.

Brian
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012-08-17_11-59-58_411.jpg  
    Brian
    =================
    2305; 62C MMM w/ Mulch Kit; 54" Blade; Pat's Easy Change Hitch; LandPride GS1548 Grader Scraper; 200CX; Ratchet Rake; Carry All; Artillian Forks; Ken's Grab Hooks; 48" King Kutter tiller; Quick Spade; Pull Spreader; Pull lawn sweeper

8. The Following User Says Thank You to brsipaq For This Useful Post:

Artillian (08-18-2012)

9. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Great Idea! you own little "LuLL" All you need is a good loader/fork operator. Getting my wife to understand the "arc" of the lift" and correcting for it was not an easy task!

10. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks

Lightbulb

I needed the receiver hitch with a Boom for this job, BUT the forks worked well! strapped them together, and a clevis to the strap. Forks taper out to rear so strap would NOT move down the forks.. my friend moved, then got the car way up the air for a steam bath. Forks were just perfect, the unit light enough allowed for more to be picked up.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to FormulaB For This Useful Post:

Artillian (09-28-2012)

12. Top | #7
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FormulaB
    I needed the receiver hitch with a Boom for this job, BUT the forks worked well! strapped them together, and a clevis to the strap. Forks taper out to rear so strap would NOT move down the forks.. my friend moved, then got the car way up the air for a steam bath. Forks were just perfect, the unit light enough allowed for more to be picked up.
    Hey FormulaB,

I'm really glad the forks are becoming a swiss army tool for your tractor. That's the whole idea! It's great to see imagination at work.

What are you referring to about a "boom" in the receiver hitch? Did you mean a 3pt boom on the Quick Hitch adapter?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3pt boom pole.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	3.0 KB 
ID:	11756

If you did mean the Receiver Hitch adapter, they should be back from finishing within a couple of weeks and they are awesome! Here's a picture of one right off of the welding table.

Name:	2012-09-26_14-47-43_982.jpg 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	11757
    Tractor Attachments Maximized for Versatility
    www.ARTILLIAN.com
    Email: [email protected]

13. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ensoll View Post
    Hey FormulaB,

I'm really glad the forks are becoming a swiss army tool for your tractor. That's the whole idea! It's great to see imagination at work.

What are you referring to about a "boom" in the receiver hitch? Did you mean a 3pt boom on the Quick Hitch adapter?

Name:	3pt boom pole.jpg 
Size:	3.0 KB 
ID:	11756

If you did mean the Receiver Hitch adapter, they should be back from finishing within a couple of weeks and they are awesome! Here's a picture of one right off of the welding table.

Name:	2012-09-26_14-47-43_982.jpg 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	11757
    Chris, way back when I got my first CUT ( a 670) ,with the new at the time, JD quick release bucket, my neighbor made a metal plate, that we used on many JD tractors since they all had same quick release. Short forks loosely hoked on it, but it had a "receiver" on the back side with a flush hole ( so forks could slide) and he made an extension boom with pins to adjust length. I sold this old set up with my 990, pictured below with neighbor on it and the plate and "boom" ....>>ON your NEW Receiver>>I was considering getting some stock and making a "boom" for your newest adaptor, to re create this most useful tool. The "plate" ( on the 990) has a different "boom" in the plate now and I think the owner uses it for a hay bale spear. ( picks up round bales of hay). If you have the stock, want to drill hole and put a USA made clevis on the end, I would take that too! I assume lift capacity of that stock probably wouldnt exceed the new H120 loader specs. Thoughts Chris? Bruce
    The "boom" has a square stock ( solid)inside square stock, with holes to adjust length in middle, NOTICE the collar area. the very end metal is solid steel, and stock closer to the "plate" is open for the sliding and adjusting.
    I would consider a cable or strap to a full "hollow" square "pipe" on top of it ( similar to the added support on the yellow boom above), attatched to the top of the receiver unit to help add support, and also to keep weight down, since your receiver is low enough on the Artillian plate to allow for a upper support. That ought to get the ol' gears turning!! hehe

PS I do realize the 900 is much bigger and lift is huge compared to the lil SCUT, however a "boom" set up on your new receiver would have easily, and more safely ( no strapping forks together with a clevis) done the Job I showed pics of above, as the lil 1026R had no issues lifting the car front end.
    I used that boom for lifting items out of trucks from the side, holding up fence posts to set some concrete ( bungie around the pole and through the clevis at end), picking up engine blocks, picking up portable generators out of pick up trucks ( ones made to move with hook on top),lifting outboard motors up to install on a boat, pushing over dead trees ( gives you a much safer distance from said tree, picking up welders fro transport around the farm, worksite, setting poles for a pole barn... anyways, ...Im sure there are many more ..
    Last edited by FormulaB; 10-01-2012 at 10:28 AM.

14. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:13 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,031 Times in 2,511 Posts
    You could also run 2 chains from the end of the boom to the chain slots in the fork frame for added support.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

15. Top | #10
    rgd
    Last Online
    02-18-2019 @ 10:52 AM
    Thanks
    My apologies for hijacking your thread a little.....

With the pictures of old firebirds and an ID of formulab, I was curious. My 2nd car was a 1970 Formula 400 firebird with ram air four/ 400 cu. in. , 6 pack(3 -two barrel carbs),Muncie 4 spd, and 411 rear gears. I bought it in 1975 and it had 33000 miles on it. I kick myself for selling it now...but I was going to college and 8 mpg on premium was taking its toll with gas costing .45 / gallon. What firebird are you re building and do you have anymore pics?
    JD 2520 TLB
    JD gt 275

Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.

16. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast