Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: Fork backrest ?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 10:19 AM
    Thanks

Fork backrest ?

I see you are re-designing the pallet fork. I bought your fork, frame and other items to go with the frame. I did not get the backrest for the frame. Do you have any plans to make your backrest wider, to cover more fork area from side to side? maybe edge to edge of the frame.
    2019 3046r, 385A BH, FEL, JD Ballist box, 6' 3pt hitch rake, 4 way 48" snow blade, 7' 3pt hitch drag blade
    Zero turn Z445, 5' 3pt hitch woods mower, 42" Artillian Pallet forks W/Adapter for snow plow, Standard 3pt hitch receiver to move trailers.
    I haul the tractor with a 2015 2500HD Chevrolet Silverado 4X4 6.6L Duramax W/Allison transmission a 2013 18' 7500lb dove tail trailer made by Appilachian trailers.
    Stihl MS271 Farm Boss Chain Saw 18" blade, Piranha Bar.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Thanks
    Not saying this inquiry will go unanswered, but your best bet to get Artillian's attention is to email him thru the link in his signature. I know from experience
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 05:20 AM
    Thanks
    I have the backrest and have never felt like it needed to be wider. You have to remember that making things bigger adds more weight which reduces the useful loading capability of the a 1 or 2 series loader, which is general what artillian designs his stuff for. I have forked 4x4 pallets that are 5-6 feet tall do not ever recalling wanting the fence any higher than it is. I agree though when you look at it, it does seem on the small side. However, it works pretty well.
    coaltrain likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:57 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,061 Times in 2,226 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 69project View Post
    I have the backrest and have never felt like it needed to be wider. You have to remember that making things bigger adds more weight which reduces the useful loading capability of the a 1 or 2 series loader, which is general what artillian designs his stuff for. I have forked 4x4 pallets that are 5-6 feet tall do not ever recalling wanting the fence any higher than it is. I agree though when you look at it, it does seem on the small side. However, it works pretty well.
    I agree with this. You don't need the backrest to be as wide as the carriage. Even piling brush on the forks it is more than enough.
    LoneStranger likes this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BillieS View Post
    I see you are re-designing the pallet fork. I bought your fork, frame and other items to go with the frame. I did not get the backrest for the frame. Do you have any plans to make your backrest wider, to cover more fork area from side to side? maybe edge to edge of the frame.
    Many good points have been made so far, but here's the low down.

The new back rest will be the full width of the rails. This is the only way it will work on all of the different pallet fork frame designs. That new skid steer mount really screwed things up! The good news is that we're also trying to get the cost down and also do away with the cleats that screw to the frame tubing. The new design should come out of the box and go straight onto the frame with no installation required. And again, lower cost!
    Tractor Attachments Maximized for Versatility
    www.ARTILLIAN.com
    Email: [email protected]

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Artillian View Post

The new back rest will be the full width of the rails. This is the only way it will work on all of the different pallet fork frame designs. That new skid steer mount really screwed things up! The good news is that we're also trying to get the cost down and also do away with the cleats that screw to the frame tubing. The new design should come out of the box and go straight onto the frame with no installation required. And again, lower cost!
    Thank you, Thank you! Let me know when it will be available.
    2019 3046r, 385A BH, FEL, JD Ballist box, 6' 3pt hitch rake, 4 way 48" snow blade, 7' 3pt hitch drag blade
    Zero turn Z445, 5' 3pt hitch woods mower, 42" Artillian Pallet forks W/Adapter for snow plow, Standard 3pt hitch receiver to move trailers.
    I haul the tractor with a 2015 2500HD Chevrolet Silverado 4X4 6.6L Duramax W/Allison transmission a 2013 18' 7500lb dove tail trailer made by Appilachian trailers.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    With most of what has been said I would have to agree. However, I have had two logs fall from my forks when picking them up last fall, fall back towards me. Luckily I was able to stop them by grabbing them and letting them fall to the side (Diameter may be 6" or so). I normally try to not pile higher than my frame, but one log was just a bit higher than normal once I picked it up with the others. When I was lifting the load to place the logs into my dump bed the top log came back enough to slide over the frame. Had the bracket been on, it would have stopped it. Being full length, should a log try to fall back, there is no room to fall close to me or the tractor.

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Today @ 06:59 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Artillian View Post

Do you have a ballpark estimate of the new backrest weight, cost and availability? I would sure like to get one!
    1025R FILB, vintage: 2015
    54D MM mowing deck
    Imatch hitch
    2 inch receiver for three point
    "18" cart
    Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's hooks and differential lock pedal
    Artillian 36" forks
    Stihl equipment: Saws; MS261C, MS462C, MS661RCM and Blower; BR600 and Trimmer; FS70R and Hedge Cutter; HL 56K and Pressure Washer; RB400
    Husky log splitter

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Just a bump to this thread. Any updates?

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BillieS View Post
    Just a bump to this thread. Any updates?
    Nothing specific. It's being worked on, and the design keeps getting better and better in the process.
    Tractor Attachments Maximized for Versatility
    www.ARTILLIAN.com
    Email: [email protected]

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast