Received My Artillian Forks---Slick New Coating?

Thread: Received My Artillian Forks---Slick New Coating?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    08-21-2019 @ 09:34 PM
    Thanks

Received My Artillian Forks---Slick New Coating?

I received my brand new Artillian forks yesterday, they're still in the boxes, but I took a peek. So far I'm really satisfied with the finish and workmanship.

Then I saw a note that this set is one of the first with a new coating on the fork supports that is "lubricious" and "sacrificial" and applied over the electroplating and powder coat. The coating felt really smooth and I figured Teflon based? So I say "How cool is that?" and the first words that came to mind is "SLICK"

So I'll ask Chris if he can fill us in on this new upgrade.

I won't have time to mount my new forks until the weekend, so pics will have to wait, but are sure to be posted then.

And just another plug, I bought the Cascade forks to make the attachment fully "made in USA"

Thanks Chris.
    Tom

2011 1026R/R4's -- H120 FEL/49" -- 260 BH/12" -- Bro-Tek Ripper -- Artillian Forks/42" -- 244 lbs JD Rear Wheel Weights -- KBOH Hooks and Clevis' --
    Block heater -- 180* T-stat -- Evans HP Waterless Coolant

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tomfive For This Useful Post:

Artillian (12-10-2012)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    06-07-2018 @ 02:48 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomfive View Post
    I received my brand new Artillian forks yesterday, they're still in the boxes, but I took a peek. So far I'm really satisfied with the finish and workmanship.

Then I saw a note that this set is one of the first with a new coating on the fork supports that is "lubricious" and "sacrificial" and applied over the electroplating and powder coat. The coating felt really smooth and I figured Teflon based? So I say "How cool is that?" and the first words that came to mind is "SLICK"

So I'll ask Chris if he can fill us in on this new upgrade.

I won't have time to mount my new forks until the weekend, so pics will have to wait, but are sure to be posted then.

And just another plug, I bought the Cascade forks to make the attachment fully "made in USA"

Thanks Chris.

I just got mine today and couldn't wait to put them onIt's an early Xmas for me and now onto the first big project a house for my Deere! Oh, and I too bought the Cascade forks to be PC and made in the US
    2011 John Deere 2320, I-Match, 200X Front End Loader, 62D Mid Mount Mower Deck, 60" Box Blade, Woods TS 52 Tiller, Arlillian Forks, 3 pt trailer hitch

5. The Following User Says Thank You to eagleeyetv For This Useful Post:

Artillian (12-10-2012)

6. Top | #3

Last Online
    06-13-2019 @ 05:10 AM
    Thanks

Today must be the day...

I received my forks also today - I am very impressed with the finish! They are a work of art! I can wait to put them on and put them to work! Its supposed to rain this weekend in PA so it looks like I have to wait. I purchased the forks designed by Chris because they are lighter and built to his specs. I figure I'll never exceed the capacity of them and with the weight savings I can add the brush guard (or remove it if necessary to get that little extra oomph!)

I dont get to open the brush guard box until christmas but based upon what I see - I wont be disappointed!

I have big plans for these forks, I have to move some thick brush piles and logs around.

Thanks!
    Bob

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dieseldeereguy For This Useful Post:

Artillian (12-10-2012)

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

9. Top | #4
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Hello Gents,

Thanks much for everything and for sharing here!

The coating on the fork rails is considered sacrificial because it's not as durable as the powder coat but will still stay slicker than bare powder coating even with scratches and nicks. It will help the forks slide a little more easily and it trims the frame too. It's been in development over the last year, and now there are not just one but three layers of protection over the rails. The goal is to see these systems still being used 20 years from now, just like Deere tractors. For whatever it's worth, there was nothing wrong with the electroplated-only versions. This is just an enhancement.

And as for the Cascade Forks, it's really a feather in the cap to have them as a supplier!
    Tractor Attachments Maximized for Versatility
    www.ARTILLIAN.com
    Email: [email protected]

10. Top | #5

Last Online
    07-12-2019 @ 09:28 PM
    Thanks
    I got my forks, backrest, and receiver hitch unpacked today, everything looks good. I won't actually be able to use them until my tractor arrives in 2-3 weeks.

As the sacrificial coating starts to wear off, is there anything in particular we should replace it with? Or just leave it worn with the powder coat showing?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jvgillow For This Useful Post:

Artillian (12-10-2012)

12. Top | #6
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jvgillow View Post
    I got my forks, backrest, and receiver hitch unpacked today, everything looks good. I won't actually be able to use them until my tractor arrives in 2-3 weeks.

As the sacrificial coating starts to wear off, is there anything in particular we should replace it with? Or just leave it worn with the powder coat showing?
    Hi jvg,

Thanks! It will be a long time before this will be an issue. Think of it as though you bought a set of forks that had been just given a single coat of paint, like most of the other brands of forks on the market. As soon as you start using them, you would be down to bare metal. This coating is like a thicker layer of paint and then beneath that are still two more layers of protection.

The frame here that has had the coating for over a year is only showing powder coat in a couple of spots and that was from abusively wrestling with gigantic boulders. The fork shanks took the vast majority of the contact. Still, at some point, there will be a touch up kit for the coating. It's just a matter of time.

Thanks again!
    Tractor Attachments Maximized for Versatility
    www.ARTILLIAN.com
    Email: [email protected]

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements