Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Changing Forks..

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    10-12-2017 @ 02:32 PM
    Thanks

Changing Forks..

So I'm planning on ordering a set of artillian forks for my 2520 pretty soon (btw, I love the horse blinders for the work lights). I'm going to get the standard forks with it (these will work perfect for my construction-related projects - moving stuff around, etc..), but would like to also get a set of landscape forks (these look awesome for getting under stuff and breaking it out). My question is, how hard is it to swap the forks out on the mount? It looks like you just slide the forks off of the ends of the mount and then I'd just slide the other set on?

thanks,
    Dan
    2012 John Deere X304; 2012 John Deere 2520 w/ 200CX FEL, Artillian Forks; Bunch of cool Stihl stuff ; Beautiful Wife and German Shepherd Dog

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Hello our friend near Mecca (OshKosh),

The forks are meant to be mounted at the middle of the frame. There is a notch in the lower rail for this purpose. One could also slide them off of the ends, but it is not suggested as they tend to bind up when they are half way off if they are tilted, which is almost inevitable.

I personally keep both sets of forks on hand for my own uses as well. They are stored on a platform. I just pull up to the platform, tilt the forks down about 35-45 degrees, lift the latch and slide a fork to the middle, swing it out and lift it off, set it on the platform, grab one of the other forks, set it on the rail and slide it out to the side. Then repeat for the other fork. It's a breeze that takes less than a minute to complete. I really should make a video of this...

Just to mention, the landscaping forks are getting low on stock. More are being ordered, but it takes a while to get them. They seem to be getting more and more in demand lately which is great because they are my favorite forks!

Tractor Attachments Maximized for Versatility
    www.ARTILLIAN.com
    Email: [email protected]

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Artillian For This Useful Post:

CubWelder (12-12-2012)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:29 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,030 Times in 2,510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Artillian View Post
    It's a breeze that takes less than a minute to complete. I really should make a video of this...
    Yes, we are waiting
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    10-12-2017 @ 02:32 PM
    Thanks
    Thanks, Chris!

That method for changing out the forks sounds really easy. I'm hoping to spend some of my year end bonus on a set and I'm definitely going to order the landscape forks as well. I'm hoping to be able to get the backrest too, but if I have to wait on that, do I have to do much to install it later?

Thanks,
    Dan

P.S. - I'm guessing you're and airplane fan too. Do you get to come out for Airventure much?
    2012 John Deere X304; 2012 John Deere 2520 w/ 200CX FEL, Artillian Forks; Bunch of cool Stihl stuff ; Beautiful Wife and German Shepherd Dog

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    Yes, we are waiting

I've been waiting for a chance to use these thingamadoodles.

www.ARTILLIAN.com

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CubWelder View Post
    Thanks, Chris!

That method for changing out the forks sounds really easy. I'm hoping to spend some of my year end bonus on a set and I'm definitely going to order the landscape forks as well. I'm hoping to be able to get the backrest too, but if I have to wait on that, do I have to do much to install it later?

Thanks,
    Dan

P.S. - I'm guessing you're and airplane fan too. Do you get to come out for Airventure much?
    Dan,

The backrest is designed to be easily installed by anyone with an electric drill and about 30 minutes of free time. I imagine the hardest and most time consuming part of the work is finding your tools and getting set up.

As for the airshow, I've only been one time and it was back when I was working at one of the big headset companies tending the booth. What I did get to see/do was great fun and I will surely go again some day. Flying is my most favoritest thing..that I don't get to do anymore. I used to really enjoy going for $100 hamburgers though I'm guessing nowadays they are probably called $200 hamburgers .
    www.ARTILLIAN.com

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:29 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,030 Times in 2,510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Artillian View Post

All that time finding/clicking all those smileys could have been better used making that video
    Artillian likes this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:47 AM
    Thanks
    Taking a set of forks off takes less than 20 seconds and is easily self explanatory when you see them, a video might be a sales tool but really is superfluous . These are very well thought out to maximize use and flexibility and minimize time spent installing and or swapping components. I am glad I didn't have to pay shipping on my set but after using them I wouldn't hesitate to buy again.
    2009 2520 200cx loader 46 Back Hoe 403 Rotary Cutter Artillian forks + 54" Snowblower
    1995 455 w/60" deck

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Manomet For This Useful Post:

Artillian (12-13-2012)

13. Top | #9
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Manomet View Post
    Taking a set of forks off takes less than 20 seconds and is easily self explanatory when you see them, a video might be a sales tool but really is superfluous . These are very well thought out to maximize use and flexibility and minimize time spent installing and or swapping components. I am glad I didn't have to pay shipping on my set but after using them I wouldn't hesitate to buy again.
    Thanks Manomet and I'm really glad to hear everything is working well for you. You should come check out the new 2in Receiver Adapter some one of these days. It's built like a tank. How is the one you made doing for you? (I hope I'm remembering the right person/attachment).
    www.ARTILLIAN.com

14. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:47 AM
    Thanks
    I wanted to take advantage of your black friday sale but was buying a new truck instead so it will have to wait awhile. Short forks is next on my list as well as a set of plates for a project I have in mind. I will see you during the spring/summer. How is the Grapple coming?
    2009 2520 200cx loader 46 Back Hoe 403 Rotary Cutter Artillian forks + 54" Snowblower
    1995 455 w/60" deck

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast